Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going to Gold Coast for holiday and reccie!

Going to Gold Coast for holiday and reccie!

Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:17 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going to Gold Coast for holiday and reccie!

Well the flights are booked(got a mate who works for flight centre) and the car hired. The hotel will be paid for and booked this week(getting a deal through my mate). Staying at Legends(sounds like some mens only bar) and hoping to have a good look around up there as we might be moving the start of next year. Plan is arrive on Friday 13th and have look around that day.ie areas we may like to live. Saturday. Is the meet up(read PISS UP) with all you Gold Coasters who can make it. Will be bending a few ears. Sunday hopfully taking in a theme park. Whats the best? Dream world? Cost? Then the Monday maybe another look around and then back to Sydney. Really need a holiday.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to Gold Coast for holiday and reccie!

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Well the flights are booked(got a mate who works for flight centre) and the car hired. The hotel will be paid for and booked this week(getting a deal through my mate). Staying at Legends(sounds like some mens only bar) and hoping to have a good look around up there as we might be moving the start of next year. Plan is arrive on Friday 13th and have look around that day.ie areas we may like to live. Saturday. Is the meet up(read PISS UP) with all you Gold Coasters who can make it. Will be bending a few ears. Sunday hopfully taking in a theme park. Whats the best? Dream world? Cost? Then the Monday maybe another look around and then back to Sydney. Really need a holiday.
Hope you have a fantastic visit. Check the whole length of the coast, you will find some fab suburbs.

Can't help with anything other than http://dreamworld.com.au/content/home_v4.asp? I would rather spend the day at Movie World but it depends on kids and ages and fear factor. Dreamworld has the wiggles and the farm but if you don't like extreme terror and have older kids, go for Movie world.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:36 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hope you have a fantastic visit. Check the whole length of the coast, you will find some fab suburbs.

Can't help with anything other than http://dreamworld.com.au/content/home_v4.asp? I would rather spend the day at Movie World but it depends on kids and ages and fear factor. Dreamworld has the wiggles and the farm but if you don't like extreme terror and have older kids, go for Movie world.
No kids. Except me . So Dream World for the best rides?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
No kids. Except me . So Dream World for the best rides?
If you like your rides fairly scary and vomit inducing then yes. I love roller coasters and some others but I refused to go on any at dreamworld but it's very popular. You could also get a discount voucher for Whitewater World which is attached to it if you don't feel the cold.