Going Back

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:33 pm
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going Back

Hi All
i know this will have come up before but cant find anything about it + rules might have changed.
We emigrated last year to the sunny coast, after 6 months we returned (we had our reasons) but now plan to return back to Aus. Since being back in the UK we have had a baby. The Question is!!!!!

Do we just apply to Dima and go through the process again for the child - ie apply, request for meds, do meds, wait for visa etc, or will it be a lot quicker seen as though we have the visa's already. Also, when the baby gets a visa will it have a validate by date on it????

Sorry to waffle but any info would be great!!!!!!

Matty D
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back

Originally Posted by mattyd
Hi All
i know this will have come up before but cant find anything about it + rules might have changed.
We emigrated last year to the sunny coast, after 6 months we returned (we had our reasons) but now plan to return back to Aus. Since being back in the UK we have had a baby. The Question is!!!!!

Do we just apply to Dima and go through the process again for the child - ie apply, request for meds, do meds, wait for visa etc, or will it be a lot quicker seen as though we have the visa's already. Also, when the baby gets a visa will it have a validate by date on it????

Matty D
Very similar question on the Immigration forum yesterday - have a look HERE
where Jeremy has the answer for you
Old Jun 4th 2006, 7:24 pm
Thinking of returning

Thanks for the reply Pollyana,
Do you know if there is a validate by date on the visa's when issued, or will it be the same as ours and just have an expiry date???

And am i right in thinking that we apply to the London office????

Cheers

Matty D
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Pollyana,
Do you know if there is a validate by date on the visa's when issued, or will it be the same as ours and just have an expiry date???
The visa will have a validation date as normal, and a 5 year life based on the date its granted.

And am i right in thinking that we apply to the London office????

Yes.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:06 am
Thinking of returning

Originally Posted by JAJ
The visa will have a validation date as normal, and a 5 year life based on the date its granted.

Yes.

Thanks JAJ, it's good to know this forum gives you the answers you need!!!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

BouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud of

Just done this, the timeline was:

Sent application on a Friday.

Monday after, got email 'We don't take Amex'. Faxed back different card details.

Tuesday, got request for medicals.

4 Week lull because of holidays, etc

Went to Doctors, £50 and a brief prod later, meds completed, sent off on Friday.

Next Tuesday, visa granted.
Passport sent the same day.

1 week later the passport arrived back.

Its very very fast, my lad's visa is good until 2011, processed in London.

It took me three times as long to get the UK passport...

Cheers
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:21 pm
Thinking of returning

Thanks for that BouncingBack

Can i just ask, the validate by time on the visa, how long have you got before the visa expires (ie validate before date). I only ask as we have the house to sell and if it comes back and the time period is short we might not make it in time

Cheers

MattyD
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:24 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Matty D
Was it a mistake then returning to the UK, in your honest opinion?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

BouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud ofBouncingBack has much to be proud of

Thanks for that BouncingBack

Can i just ask, the validate by time on the visa, how long have you got before the visa expires (ie validate before date). I only ask as we have the house to sell and if it comes back and the time period is short we might not make it in time

Cheers

MattyD
1 year from the date of the Medicals. Same as usual, got until May 4th 2007 for validation.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Was it a mistake then returning to the UK, in your honest opinion?
Can't vouch for the original poster, but for me yes it was. I didn't have a lot of choice, the wife hated Adelaide and was pregnant. It nearly destroyed our marriage completely, very very long story.

I'm back to the same lack of life, working away all the time, I've applied for loads of jobs locally, but never get anywhere, I'm too specialized in what I do. I'm currently stuck on a project 200 miles from home.

The missus in the meantime has had a 'Road to Damascus' type conversion and wants to go back again, although right now I still have my doubts about her motives, I can’t have the same thing happen again, so dicussions are ongoing...

We looked at the Gold Coast and really liked it. I've got a job all lined up any time I want it there, in fact completely out of the blue a contract arrived with a very generous offer on it from my original employer in Adelaide based out of the new Brisbane office.

I'll be on the move regardless, where I live we have the 11+ and the only decent non-selective school suddenly doesn't take kids from my suburb. In fact the whole area sucks big time. The SE of England is plunging downhill rapidly, there's no meaningful work, and the place is filling up with low lives. My estate was nice, now there's vandalism, litter, fights and god knows what else going on. The police have been called to the local schools on numerous occasions. Moving here in ‘99 was probably one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. The government wants to build loads of houses down here, but there’s no infrastructure at all, especially water (although Aus has its fair share of problems), the irony is; there’s no water, but the houses can’t be insured ‘cos they’re liable to flood!

So, there is an appeal in building a big house on a new development with security patrols etc etc near to nice and affordable schools. Plus you get the lifestyle, the weather and a decent job for good money with a future, instead of being stuck doing the same old thing. You are however 10K miles away from family.

So for me, I wish I'd gone to Aus when I was 18, I'm now 37 and have failed once. It's not really down to me whether we go back, it’s up to the wife really, but I sincerely hope we do.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:39 pm
Thinking of returning

Hi
your story sounds nearly a replica to ours Bouincingback. We was only there 6months and came back ( looking back now it was a snap desicion). The wife was pregnant and hormonal, and the hormones won. We started on a downward spiral lokking at everthing in a negative attitude. I felt we had made a mistake as soon as we had got back, the wife has only just come round to wanting to go back.

Our plans are only for the next few years to try to get citizenship and have some fun with our young boys. We are planning to return to the same area (the sunshine coast) but will do things a lot differently. So all in all, we should have stuck it out and not given in to the first bad feelings we had.

Enjoy life, its way to short!!!!!!!!!!!

MattyD
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

You will see this time you will be able to make a real good go of it. You've gone through the emotional stuff and now you'll look it all differently when you're there. Good luck

We are planning to return to the same area (the sunshine coast) but will do things a lot differently. So all in all, we should have stuck it out and not given in to the first bad feelings we had.

MattyD
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi
your story sounds nearly a replica to ours Bouincingback. We was only there 6months and came back ( looking back now it was a snap desicion). The wife was pregnant and hormonal, and the hormones won. We started on a downward spiral lokking at everthing in a negative attitude. I felt we had made a mistake as soon as we had got back, the wife has only just come round to wanting to go back.

Our plans are only for the next few years to try to get citizenship and have some fun with our young boys. We are planning to return to the same area (the sunshine coast) but will do things a lot differently. So all in all, we should have stuck it out and not given in to the first bad feelings we had.

MattyD
Does sound very similar!

Good luck with it, young un's visa was dead easy, I was stunned at how easy.

I would advise front end loading the medicals, get the doctor to send off the application with the medicals. I asked advice on here and was advised not to, but from my experience the whole process will probably take less than a fortnight.