British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Going it Alone !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/going-alone-375241/)

ASTROGAZ May 23rd 2006 4:49 pm

Going it Alone !!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone and certainly food for thought, the concensus seems to be on doing it all ourselves and skipping an agent and his fees!! so I think ill reccie it all first so where do I find all the info on the TRA application as its this Ill have to do first, right? and in anticipation cheers! :) oh and we have booked for a trip in November taking in Melbourne and adelaide and then up the G.C. for a hol,,, phew me thinks we gonna be busy!!!! here goes.

Wendy May 23rd 2006 4:59 pm

Re: Going it Alone !!!

Originally Posted by ASTROGAZ
Thanks for all the replies everyone and certainly food for thought, the concensus seems to be on doing it all ourselves and skipping an agent and his fees!! so I think ill reccie it all first so where do I find all the info on the TRA application as its this Ill have to do first, right? and in anticipation cheers! :) oh and we have booked for a trip in November taking in Melbourne and adelaide and then up the G.C. for a hol,,, phew me thinks we gonna be busy!!!! here goes.

Hi

TRA website is here

Good luck and have a nice trip :)

Clippy May 23rd 2006 5:11 pm

Ooh best of luck, we're doing it without an agent too :)

The TRA can be really daunting but I've had loads of help off this site. Just hope we pass it now :scared:

What's your skill?

ASTROGAZ May 23rd 2006 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ooh best of luck, we're doing it without an agent too :)

The TRA can be really daunting but I've had loads of help off this site. Just hope we pass it now :scared:

What's your skill?

Im the best brickie in the Universe! so it should be a breeze !! Hmmmm not.

Australia_bound? May 23rd 2006 5:47 pm

We're now thinking of saving on agents fees and we have a few complications with our application, but thanks to BE and other internet sites we have some idea of what to do and who to and where to ask if we get stuck....and if we hit any major snags we know we can then get an agent in :cool:

pete jackson May 23rd 2006 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
We're now thinking of saving on agents fees and we have a few complications with our application, but thanks to BE and other internet sites we have some idea of what to do and who to and where to ask if we get stuck....and if we hit any major snags we know we can then get an agent in :cool:

We did it without an egent from start to end and saved ourselves thousands of pounds, we failed our first attemp at the TRA, so we decided to retry and after typing up 6 pages of A4 on things about my job we passed and have now completed every thing else and recieved our visa in the passports last week. Try it on your own, just be carefull, tripple check everything you have done and wrote!! Go for it, Pete :cool: