Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going it Alone !!!

Going it Alone !!!

Old May 23rd 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Going it Alone !!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone and certainly food for thought, the concensus seems to be on doing it all ourselves and skipping an agent and his fees!! so I think ill reccie it all first so where do I find all the info on the TRA application as its this Ill have to do first, right? and in anticipation cheers! oh and we have booked for a trip in November taking in Melbourne and adelaide and then up the G.C. for a hol,,, phew me thinks we gonna be busy!!!! here goes.
Old May 23rd 2006, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going it Alone !!!

Originally Posted by ASTROGAZ
Thanks for all the replies everyone and certainly food for thought, the concensus seems to be on doing it all ourselves and skipping an agent and his fees!! so I think ill reccie it all first so where do I find all the info on the TRA application as its this Ill have to do first, right? and in anticipation cheers! oh and we have booked for a trip in November taking in Melbourne and adelaide and then up the G.C. for a hol,,, phew me thinks we gonna be busy!!!! here goes.
Hi

TRA website is here

Good luck and have a nice trip
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh best of luck, we're doing it without an agent too

The TRA can be really daunting but I've had loads of help off this site. Just hope we pass it now :scared:

What's your skill?
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ooh best of luck, we're doing it without an agent too

The TRA can be really daunting but I've had loads of help off this site. Just hope we pass it now :scared:

What's your skill?
Im the best brickie in the Universe! so it should be a breeze !! Hmmmm not.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

We're now thinking of saving on agents fees and we have a few complications with our application, but thanks to BE and other internet sites we have some idea of what to do and who to and where to ask if we get stuck....and if we hit any major snags we know we can then get an agent in
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:55 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
We're now thinking of saving on agents fees and we have a few complications with our application, but thanks to BE and other internet sites we have some idea of what to do and who to and where to ask if we get stuck....and if we hit any major snags we know we can then get an agent in
We did it without an egent from start to end and saved ourselves thousands of pounds, we failed our first attemp at the TRA, so we decided to retry and after typing up 6 pages of A4 on things about my job we passed and have now completed every thing else and recieved our visa in the passports last week. Try it on your own, just be carefull, tripple check everything you have done and wrote!! Go for it, Pete