Reload this Page >

Going it alone..

Going it alone..

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:56 am
Just Joined

sarbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going it alone..

Hi all,

I have only been reading the messages left here for a couple of weeks, and I have found many of the messages really helpful and informative. .

So I thought it was about time that I asked my first question.

I am a nurse and applying under the 'Independant migrant' visa.

I am hoping I won't have too many problems, but I would be intrested to hear from a any single people who are or have migrated out Oz, in particular to Perth.

How easy have they found it to make friends, settle in etc.. on their own.

I am also taking my dog of 10ys old. Any advise on how dogs cope and any thoughts on good 'dog shippers' would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Sarbear
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 11:17 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Going it alone..

Hi,

Check out this website www.pomsinperth.com it seems to get mentioned a lot.
If you want info you can do a search on here top right hand corner and also on the immigration forum.

Good Luck
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Our dog landed on Monday (16th Feb). We used Golden Arrow Shippers and they have proved to provide a very helpful and friendly service. We used them upon the recommendations of others on this forum.

There are other pet shippers too, we got a quote from Airpets, about the same price (approx 1500 GBP), although they seemed to be not as personal and you would be 'just another pet owner', weren't very helpful on the phone.

Chris ensured he got a quote out to us short notice over the Christmas period and was very nice to deal with.

Tel : 01588 680240, Contact Chris Sorenson

We pick Cassie up on 17 March, they have to be in quarantine for 30 nights only.

Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:26 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Our dog landed on Monday (16th Feb). We used Golden Arrow Shippers and they have proved to provide a very helpful and friendly service. We used them upon the recommendations of others on this forum.

There are other pet shippers too, we got a quote from Airpets, about the same price (approx 1500 GBP), although they seemed to be not as personal and you would be 'just another pet owner', weren't very helpful on the phone.

Chris ensured he got a quote out to us short notice over the Christmas period and was very nice to deal with.

Tel : 01588 680240, Contact Chris Sorenson

We pick Cassie up on 17 March, they have to be in quarantine for 30 nights only.

Good luck.
I would be interested to know when you pick up Cassie how she is...how she coped with the flight etc...can you go and see her in the mean time if you want while shes waiting...I have a 7 year old dog we want to take but he will be older then and hes a rite baby so we are concerned he wont cope with the flight and being on his own for the 30 days...Im going to write this number down and would appreciate your thoughts when you go and get her..

Thanks peppi
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

Why Perth?
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going it alone..

Yep, I'm a single, young, new Aussie migrant. I've been is Aus for a little over 2 months now. So far my experiences are all right. Making friends just depends on your personality; I've met people through activities and also at my work place