Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The god of fortune farts in my face!

The god of fortune farts in my face!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:13 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough
Default The god of fortune farts in my face!

Ahh yes the best laid plans of mice and men!

It seems like the sale of the pub will be on hold for a few weeks as the buyer "forgot" to tell the pub company that he was buying the pub of my folks!
This means that the pub company now has to get their own servey done and then passed on to their sols for final say so.
I know its not the end but its that feeling of your world falling away as you think of everything else that can go wrong so close to leaving.
The flights have now been put on hold as well as the 2 dogs going to the shippers and every one is walking round like bears with sore heads. The worst thing is my dad's mood now, snapping at everyone, but as the age old saying goes

"Sh*t happens, but why always to me?"

hey ho....................

FremantleRaider
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:21 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: The god of fortune farts in my face!

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider

It seems like the sale of the pub will be on hold for a few weeks as the buyer "forgot" to tell the pub company that he was buying the pub of my folks!
This means that the pub company now has to get their own servey done and then passed on to their sols for final say so.
I know its not the end but its that feeling of your world falling away as you think of everything else that can go wrong so close to leaving.
The flights have now been put on hold as well as the 2 dogs going to the shippers and every one is walking round like bears with sore heads. The worst thing is my dad's mood now, snapping at everyone, but as the age old saying goes

FremantleRaider
Blimey, really sorry to hear that.

hope it goes a little smoother from now on.

Phil x
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:22 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: The god of fortune farts in my face!

Oh no FMR......

Really sorry to hear this. Hope it doesnt delay you too long.

Keep positive, chin up and think it isnt going to stop you from going to Oz it is just gonna delay you a bit, thats all.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheeky

Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:02 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

FremantleRaider
Oh mate, sorry to hear of your woes. Just think though, you have your visa, you're on your way.... just not quite as quick as you'd hoped that's all. Frustrating, I know but it's only for a few weeks.

Try to keep ya pecker up!

D D
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:34 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

FremantleRaider
]

Sorry to hear your news,Hope it is only a few weeks & you can get your plans back on track

Best of luck,

Donna x
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:22 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Like you say sh#t happens.... How bloody frustrating for you!!!!! So close and yet so far....

Hopefully things will smooth out for you and you'll soon be on your way.

Good Luck

Petra
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

COCKNEY SMILER is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: The god of fortune farts in my face!

IS THERE ANYONE LIVING THE GOOD LIFE IN MANDURAH? CAN YOU TELL ME THE ABOUT SCHOOLS, HOUSE RENTING IN THE AREA, AND NIGHT LIFE, AT THE MOMENT LIVING IN COLD, DAMP, ESSEX AND CANT WAIT TO GET THERE IN MID JANUARY. HAVE NEVER BEEN ABROAD ON HOLIDAY. SO THIS IS A BIG, BUT EXCITING STEP FOR MYSELF, HUBBY AND 8YR OLD DAUGHTER. LIGHT THE BBQ, WE ARE ON OUR WAY..................Xundefinedundefinedundefined :scared:

Last edited by COCKNEY SMILER; Nov 15th 2004 at 9:26 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:08 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Thanks for the replies folks!

It does mean a lot.

i know things will get back on track but its the "not knowing when" phase now

Keep on smiling!!!!!

FMR
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies folks!

It does mean a lot.

i know things will get back on track but its the "not knowing when" phase now

Keep on smiling!!!!!

FMR
Fine thread title by the way ... it reminds me of "Hope Disappears Over The Horizon With It's Arse On Fire" from Reggie Perrin
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:16 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Fine thread title by the way ... it reminds me of "Hope Disappears Over The Horizon With It's Arse On Fire" from Reggie Perrin
LOL,

Not that i watch Blackadder at all ever hehe