Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go on, why Bayside ?

Go on, why Bayside ?

Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:46 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go on, why Bayside ?

Originally Posted by Centurion
Heres some reasons :

Bay breezes - cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter than inland
By the sea - handy for watersports (kayak and scuba freak that I am) - sailing, fishing and all that watery fun
Only 30 mins into the city
Most of the suburbs on the Bay have a smaller town feel to them without the disadvantages of actually being a small town.
Close to the Gateway Motorway to head north to the sunshine coast and south to the gold coast.
Good solid house prices that will remain stable with an established market.
Contrary to popular belief its NOT little britain which seems to be a standing joke on this board purveyed by people from the northside mainly (a long standing south -v- north divide in Brisbane).
Most the areas are older established neighbourhoods with excellent infrastructures unlike some inland new built mini-city estates.
Good cycling routes along the sea.
Mount Cotton close by for Equestrian pursuits (wife is an instructor - its important to us)
RAIN! - Do not underestimate that one. Bayside gets rain which after a while you begin to understand the importance of. Its supplied by Stradbroke to Redlands and dam levels are sitting at 85% and we dont have the water restrictions of Brisbane City Council or some of the drought ridden inland areas.
Personally walking my dog on Wellington Point out to King Island watching the sea and feeling some sand beneath your feet with glistening water on either side with glimpses of dolphins and sea turtles kinda makes bayside a no brainer to me.

Bayside is a large area though normally used to describe the coastal stretch from Wello Point down to Redland Bay and beyond and there are good and bad places much like everywhere else. There are places I would not live and others I cant afford to live hehe.

Sorry but Centurion seems to have either banged his head whilst kayaking or got his gas mix wrong whilst scuba diving all of the above is utter rubbish....

(psst ...centy...jeez mate dont make it sound so good...parking's getting a bit tight down the point these days....send em all Northside or better still..... Perth
Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:53 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
(psst ...centy...jeez mate dont make it sound so good...parking's getting a bit tight down the point these days....send em all Northside or better still..... Perth
LOL
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<

Funny
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:51 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

That's a belter that!
Me and hubby so giddy tonight as we are just moving in our short term rental, before definately going to Bayside in Feb!!!!!!
Just s*** ourself then!!, with that reply, good job I tabbed down!!!
Were comin to get you all out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!