Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go on then - how long does it take?

Go on then - how long does it take?

Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Go on then - how long does it take?

We're using a Migration Agent for our Skilled Sponsored visa application.
The forms are just about to go in although they have apparently already had my skills approved by VETASSESS.

So, the obvious Q is - how long will it take to get the nod, presuming we pass the medicals. (do sponsored applications take priority?)

Also, what happens between now and then? anything or is it just a case of sit and wait?

Cheers.

Andy
(cadman)
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

it takes as long as it takes..some have been here since '91 -see jockney
mine -as others- took 3-4 weeks -i kid you not..

however nurses and nurses only get g.tee'd priority..stni get it next but the rest can whistle dixie..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
it takes as long as it takes..some have been here since '91 -see jockney
mine -as others- took 3-4 weeks -i kid you not..

however nurses and nurses only get g.tee'd priority..stni get it next but the rest can whistle dixie..

cheers

richard
Jockney - 91? Sounds like a bad memory of chuckuppy chicken tikka in a roll when you've had far too much crap music over a very wet weekend in a tent.

Shurely it was 2001?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Got an e-mail from my Agent this morning, says that as we're sponsored by people from Regional area it should take between 1 and 3 months from submission of the Immigration Forms!

I thought it was between 12 and 20 months! If it's true then we've got so much work to do on the house to get it on the market!

How long do you get after your Visa is granted to get your ass over there?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it does there will be a riot
ours has been 18 months,5 months since medicals, AOS paid four weeks ago, still nothin!
Still we've sold the house, so we may end up homeless without a visa Now wheres my prozac
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:28 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by cadman
Got an e-mail from my Agent this morning, says that as we're sponsored by people from Regional area it should take between 1 and 3 months from submission of the Immigration Forms!

I thought it was between 12 and 20 months! If it's true then we've got so much work to do on the house to get it on the market!

How long do you get after your Visa is granted to get your ass over there?
Hi

you get one year from the date of your medicals or police certificates (whichever is earlier) to validate your visas. After that you can make the move anytime within 5 years from the date of your visa grant.

Mel
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ooooppsss!!!

He may be talking cobblers of course!

I just thought I'd ask how long it might take from now on in as our Agent has just submitted our forms.
I expected the old "between 12 and 20 months" TBH and was shocked when he said 1-3 months processing.

Are your sponsors in a "Regional Area" ?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Cadman, If that was aimed at me, yes Skilled desg area sponsored (139) Good luck with it though
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi

you get one year from the date of your medicals or police certificates (whichever is earlier) to validate your visas. After that you can make the move anytime within 5 years from the date of your visa grant.

Mel
Thanks Mel, what is involved in validating your visa compared to the actual move?

Thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:52 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by cadman
Thanks Mel, what is involved in validating your visa compared to the actual move?

Thanks.
To validate your visa all you need to do is visit the country, so a lot of people just take a holiday there, before making the final moves (leaving jobs, selling houses, etc).

I am validating my visa and making the final move at the same time, but many people don't do this. It really depends how soon you can organise things for leaving the country

Mel
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Cadman, If that was aimed at me, yes Skilled desg area sponsored (139) Good luck with it though
h

ive applied for the 139 as well but am also a nurse, do you know if the application will be decided on designated area sponsored or my occupation, we were under the impression that 139 visas took 4-6 months as they were being priority processed, is this info misleading then

arlene
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
h,

Did you apply yourself or did you use and agent.

Our paperwork went to Adelaide 13 weeks ago...the agent says we should hear "soon". When I asked how soon is soon he could not help???

Ken of Ken and Nel
Old Aug 8th 2003, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kenand Nel
h,

Did you apply yourself or did you use and agent.

Our paperwork went to Adelaide 13 weeks ago...the agent says we should hear "soon". When I asked how soon is soon he could not help???

Ken of Ken and Nel
ken,

we applied ourselves, received confirmation after only 8 days and case number, that was only 3 weeks ago so dont know how long it is before they request meds and police checks

arlene