Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Go Home or try Brisbane?

Go Home or try Brisbane?

Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

LivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really niceLivingInFremantle is just really nice
Default Re: Go Home or try Brisbane?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There are many..
You said "we came from a lovely village in the UK".
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future

I would definatly try Brisbane first. We went back to uk (Hertfordshire) after 2 years here and was the biggest most expensive mistake we made ,we were back within 18 months.
We Like Brisbane,the early dark nights are horrible ,not like the uk in summer, light till 10pm (i do miss the light nights)
.But saying that with our door lighting and a patio you can still have a good night life.
I find it hard even after all these years to make aussie friends and admit 75% of our friends are poms even after 20 years here.
.We are 20mins from the city, 25 mins from dreamworld, movieworld,wet n wild , australia outback ect. 35 mins from gold coast , seaworld ect 45 mins to coolangatta nsw border. we have the most beautiful beaches. We have friends round for the evenings even though its dark , we go out for meals ,movies ect,so lots to do.
Brisbane is very hot xmas so not the best time to visit it,but get a cheap off peak holiday voucher and come to brisbane for a few days to look around, first. Before spending all that money to go back to uk ,and the reasons you left uk in the first place will still be there when you get back.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Whinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really niceWhinifred is just really nice

Originally Posted by RenShen
Well there are lots of people on here who are happy with their move. I love it here on the Goldie and I hope you do too.
Thanks! I really hope we do too ...though I am sure we are going to! We're not expecting it to be same as the UK just with wall-to-wall sunshine, in fact some of the different things about Oz are what we're looking forward to most!

It's pouring here again today and quite cold (UK weather drives me mad) - just glad I'm not trying to entertain kids on school summer holidays ...