British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Go Bananas has gone :( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/go-bananas-has-gone-305801/)

Tiawamutu May 30th 2005 1:43 am

Go Bananas has gone :(

I was looking through some threads the other day, and came across a post by Go Bananas. When I went into her profile to see if she had posted anything else recently I found that she has unregistered herself from the forum! :(

What a great shame, she will be greatly missed by a lot of people...

If you are watching Jill....please won't you consider coming back :(

aussie73 May 30th 2005 1:57 am

Re: Go Bananas has gone :(

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I was looking through some threads the other day, and came across a post by Go Bananas. When I went into her profile to see if she had posted anything else recently I found that she has unregistered herself from the forum! :(

What a great shame, she will be greatly missed by a lot of people...

If you are watching Jill....please won't you consider coming back :(

l thought she had forgiven 3legs for sending up the banana diaries and that they were now friends and that everything was alright. Perhaps she was deeply offended by it.

Pollyana May 30th 2005 1:58 am

Originally Posted by aussie73
l thought she had forgiven 3legs for sending up the banana diaries and that they were now friends and that everything was alright. Perhaps she was deeply offended by it.

It wasn't exactly complimentary, and even after an apology the words would still have hurt.
I can quite understand why she left.

Tis a shame though, she had a good sense of humour, and made some excellent posts. You're sadly missed, Jill.

DollyDaydream May 30th 2005 6:33 am

Originally Posted by aussie73

I thought is was all sorted out as well. :confused:

It's such a shame when you feel so hurt by someone that you stop posting. This happened to a very good friend of mine on here not too long ago, I still miss her very much.

D D

Pollyana May 30th 2005 7:12 am

Happened to me; I was persuaded back by some very good friends & fellow posters. However it leaves a nasty taste, and makes you wary of posting honest opinions and experiences.

Rich and Angie May 30th 2005 7:36 am

I too will miss Jill#s posts....her diaries were brill.
I don't know what happedned between Jill and 3Legs,must have been when I didn't come on for a few days couple of weeks ago.

But if 3Lrgs has apologised can we all persude Jill to come back.

Come on Jill you will be sadly missed by lodas of people on here, me incluided.

Ang

GinaUK May 30th 2005 7:48 am

Just had another look at the Banana Diaries and it now just says "usenet poster" against her name.

I loved reading her posts and I'm really sorry she has gone.

A pity 3legs got unbanned. Some people felt he was just jokingn and should be allowed back to the board, but it wasn't funny for Jill to be at the receiving end.

We're hoping to move to Perth in the future, and Jill's posts contained lots of useful information. Maybe some of her friends, who are still on this board can persuade her to come back at some point. Let's hope so.

Gina

paulf May 30th 2005 7:59 am

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Just had another look at the Banana Diaries and it now just says "usenet poster" against her name.

I loved reading her posts and I'm really sorry she has gone.

A pity 3legs got unbanned. Some people felt he was just jokingn and should be allowed back to the board, but it wasn't funny for Jill to be at the receiving end.

We're hoping to move to Perth in the future, and Jill's posts contained lots of useful information. Maybe some of her friends, who are still on this board can persuade her to come back at some point. Let's hope so.

Gina

Hardly fair YOU saying he should,nt be Unbanned when Jill said he should.
besides do you know the reason she left?

Theresa, Ian & Tim May 30th 2005 8:10 am

Hopefully I will be moving to Perth at the end of July this year. I must admit I really do enjoy the Banana Diaries and all the other diaries that people post on this forum. Like Gina stated Jill's post did contain lots of useful info for people who are moving to Perth. Let's hope Jill returns to this site soon.

Theresa

Simone May 30th 2005 8:18 am

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina

I have been trying, and will continue to do so! :)

Jill has accepted Threelegs' apology(and I am now also convinced it was genuine ;) ), but because of all this(and others 'agreeing' with him) and all these different threads about it.... she just wants to forget it all.
So she especially won't be coming back now, though I think if she sees this thread, hopefully she will one day(though on the other hand she will hate this thread...!).

I think she also just has to get used to the fact that not everyone likes everything, and things get misunderstood very easily(the last bit I also have a lot of trouble with, I don't like things being misunderstood :o )

Now, I hope I've put this all the right way, and nothing is misunderstood.... :D :scared:

GinaUK May 30th 2005 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Simone

Thanks, Simone :) Let's hope that after a while then, Jill will feel like writing here again.

I think I found the original "Banana Diaries" thread sometime in February. By then it had over 60 pages. I spent a whole evening reading it all, absolutely loving it, and copying lots of useful bits into a Word document to keep.

I've never sent her a PM or email, because I thought she would not wwant to be bothered by a stranger, but now that she's gone, I wish I'd told her that I really appreciated her posts.

When we eventually make it to Perth, I hope you "Perth Ladies" are still going strong and I get a chance to meet you. Hopefully, we're coming for a reccie after Christmas.

Take care.

Gina

DollyDaydream May 30th 2005 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Simone

Jill has accepted Threelegs' apology(and I am now also convinced it was genuine ;) ), but because of all this(and others 'agreeing' with him) and all these different threads about it.... she just wants to forget it all.
So she especially won't be coming back now, though I think if she sees this thread, hopefully she will one day(though on the other hand she will hate this thread...!).

I think she also just has to get used to the fact that not everyone likes everything, and things get misunderstood very easily(the last bit I also have a lot of trouble with, I don't like things being misunderstood :o )

Now, I hope I've put this all the right way, and nothing is misunderstood.... :D :scared:

Hi there Simone,

I can see what you're saying about writing things that not everyone will like (and how things can so easily be misinterpreted), but I think this and other threads on this subject must be some sort of testament to how Jill (and Warren) were liked on here.

D D

possoms May 30th 2005 8:53 am

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi there Simone,

I can see what you're saying about writing things that not everyone will like (and how things can so easily be misinterpreted), but I think this and other threads on this subject must be some sort of testament to how Jill (and Warren) were liked on here.

D D

Hi its such a shame shes stopped posting, ok she accepted the appology but it must have really hurt her. Really hope she comes back soon.

jensteve May 30th 2005 11:39 am

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi its such a shame shes stopped posting, ok she accepted the appology but it must have really hurt her. Really hope she comes back soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath, I can't really blame her for deciding to give this forum a break. I've done it myself shoved my foot in it and received the backlash, those who personally knew me understood and thought my ban was rather OTT, but when you get "slagged" off its really not nice especially if the other people concerned don't even really know the person concerned.

Jill came purely on here to advise and give peeps her own personal experiences which now looking back on giving so much personal details was probably not the best thing to do, and all she got in return was a rather over humourous person thinking they would take the mickey, the fact that it was blatently directed at Jill's posts caused her to rethink her reasons as to why she still remained posting on this site if there where people here who didn't quite think the same way.
Why put yourself in the position to be made fun of? Well no one if given half the chance so hence why she is no longer here. I hope for Jill's sake this has woken up other people on here, that although we don't know the people at the other side of the screen a bit of self control and common sense will prevail, think of the poor soul that thinks they are doing everybody a favour and gets picked at in return.

Its really not nice, you never forget especially if youa re a really honest nice person, and I can guarantee you Jill is 100%.

Jenny

NJJ May 30th 2005 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Happened to me; I was persuaded back by some very good friends & fellow posters. However it leaves a nasty taste, and makes you wary of posting honest opinions and experiences.

dont know of bananas personally but I also remember Hev hetting upset a while ago too... Glad I & others persuaded Hevs to not go away though as the stalwarts of this forum such as you guys should not get upset by meaningless thoughtless comments though as you support far outweighs the people that will slate you....

NJJ