GLAZIERS

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Question GLAZIERS

Hi Folks

Putting together my stuff for Skills Assessment with TRA (hopfully going on 457)
I was wondering has anyone out there been for the skills assessment for Flat glass worker/glazier,If so what trade evidence did you submitt I have a few certs in Glazing and a letter from my boss but do I need anything else?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GLAZIERS

Originally Posted by nevsy
Hi Folks

Putting together my stuff for Skills Assessment with TRA (hopfully going on 457)
I was wondering has anyone out there been for the skills assessment for Flat glass worker/glazier,If so what trade evidence did you submitt I have a few certs in Glazing and a letter from my boss but do I need anything else?
im not in your field mATE , im a hairdresser and went throught the TRA myself a few yrs ago

just put every shred of evidence in no matter how small it may seem.

The morer the merrier and then they cant ask for any more.

If you have dione an apprenticeship and have qualifications from that then enter it all
leave no stone unturned as being asked for more info can put months on your waiting times

good luck

al
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Hi Folks

Hi...
OH is going in on this(457)......and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but on a 457 you do not need your skills assessing. The reason why I believe this to be true, is that OH has got no formal quals.....been doing the job for over 20 years. Hence we can't get his skills assessed, hence the 457 hence the sponsor.
Are you doing this solo..or with an agent....maybe a phone call to one of the ones on here would help.
We used an agent, not one of the ones recommended on here (joined BE too late), would not recommend ours, but I know there a couple of good'ens on here.
Hope this will help, IF you are going on a 457, and IF you are needing a sponsor etc feel free to pm me/us, we MIGHT be able to help.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Folks

My OH got in on glazing..but we got in when you could on just references..as all his knowledge has been on the job and not at college etc.

Im just gonna waffel if i try and answere this properly so will get him to do it when he gets home from work

Nickie
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
My OH got in on glazing..but we got in when you could on just references..as all his knowledge has been on the job and not at college etc.

Im just gonna waffel if i try and answere this properly so will get him to do it when he gets home from work

Nickie
Was that the skills pathway D?, we where hoping for this one, but they stopped it just as we where getting ready:curse: Thats why we are on the 457, at least it gets us out there
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by winedonju
Was that the skills pathway D?, we where hoping for this one, but they stopped it just as we where getting ready:curse: Thats why we are on the 457, at least it gets us out there
Hi, yeah i think so...they stopped it in the sept just after we were approved so that was close.

we are still going on a state sponsor though...

nickie
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Hi, yeah i think so...they stopped it in the sept just after we were approved so that was close.

we are still going on a state sponsor though...

nickie
what evidence did he provide to TRA,ie letter from company,certs did he have to provide photos?

All help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

what evidence did he provide to TRA,ie letter from company,certs did he have to provide photos?

All help would be appreciated

Thanks
We had references from past employers, private jobs hes done...the customers wrote refs, suppliers etc.
Then on the form he listed everything he used, machinary....glass cutters, nibbling pliers, right down to brooms..

then went on to tell them he had expanded his knowledge to the building trade.

we didnt have any photos or certificates and they didnt ask for them.

If you want any more info on what he excatly wrote then feel free to pm him

cheers nickie