Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glasgow doctor is crap!!!!!

Glasgow doctor is crap!!!!!

Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:41 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glasgow doctor is crap!!!!!

Hi all,
My girl friend went for her medicals day before yesterday. When she got home Wendy was in a very bad mood, after I stroked her hair and said there there, there there, she had calmed down a bit. When I asked her what happend she told me that the doctor smelt like a horse, and her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed since birth. When it came to messuring her hight, the doctor asked Wendy what her hight was, and she asked Wendy to tell her what the reading was on the scales for her weight. After 3 or so hours she managed to find a vain to take a blood sample. It was time to take Wendys blood pressure, the band kept slipping down so it was obviously to loose, and the reading was high. That was the only reading she took, and as you can imagine Wendy was pretty pissed off by this point so of course the reading will be high. Anyway she told Wendy to go to her own GP and get 4 readings. So she went today, the first reading was high but the the other 3 readings showed her pressuer was dropping. However, her blood pressure was still over the visa level, she will be going back next week do do some more readings. We are hoping that it comes down enough, so we don't have to see a mega bucks cardioligist. The reading weren't off the scales, and the nurse did say that it wasn't something to worry about, so we are hoping it will be good enough for the visa. Anyway if you would keep your fingers crossed for us, we would very much appreciate it.
Jim
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow doctor is crap!!!!!

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi all,
My girl friend went for her medicals day before yesterday. When she got home Wendy was in a very bad mood, after I stroked her hair and said there there, there there, she had calmed down a bit. When I asked her what happend she told me that the doctor smelt like a horse, and her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed since birth. When it came to messuring her hight, the doctor asked Wendy what her hight was, and she asked Wendy to tell her what the reading was on the scales for her weight. After 3 or so hours she managed to find a vain to take a blood sample. It was time to take Wendys blood pressure, the band kept slipping down so it was obviously to loose, and the reading was high. That was the only reading she took, and as you can imagine Wendy was pretty pissed off by this point so of course the reading will be high. Anyway she told Wendy to go to her own GP and get 4 readings. So she went today, the first reading was high but the the other 3 readings showed her pressuer was dropping. However, her blood pressure was still over the visa level, she will be going back next week do do some more readings. We are hoping that it comes down enough, so we don't have to see a mega bucks cardioligist. The reading weren't off the scales, and the nurse did say that it wasn't something to worry about, so we are hoping it will be good enough for the visa. Anyway if you would keep your fingers crossed for us, we would very much appreciate it.
Jim
was the doctor in Shawlands by any chance?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:45 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
was the doctor in Shawlands by any chance?
Yes on Pollockshaws road. Do ypu know her?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Yes on Pollockshaws road. Do ypu know her?
ha haha yeh...and the wee wumin who works for her never shuts up eh?
i think thats her mum
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

ha haha yeh...and the wee wumin who works for her never shuts up eh?
i think thats her mum
Dr Gillespie?!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:49 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Dr Gillespie?!
Yeah Dr Moow cow Gillespie
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

yip thats her....fkn nutter
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:59 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

God,she still there? is Wendys arm still the same colour?? be thankfull if it is,shes crap at taking blood,our arms were in a hell of a mess by the time she was finished taking blood

Quite a few others on here have complaints about her too.

All in all she was good with us (apart from taking blood!!) great with the kids too.

Donna.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:00 am
Breast Inspector

yip thats her....fkn nutter
Even if her blood pressure is a little high we hope she will still get her visa.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

She seemed a bit eccentric but once I started chatting to her she was very nice. The assistant on the day I was there was a young nurse not her mother, I hope! :scared:

JTL had the pleasure of meeting Dr G twice! The first time was for a business visa - he was asked to do the "turn your head and cough" thingy... The second time was the two of us going for PR visa. She was nice enough to both of us, and all the tests went smoothly. Then only complaint was that she was 20 minutes late. We were waiting outside her clinic in the rain.

That was 13 months ago.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 15th 2005 at 11:03 am.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Even if her blood pressure is a little high we hope she will still get her visa.
well dont worry about it or it will never get down to normal
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:51 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I had exactly the same experience 2 months ago, same practice. My arm was so bruised with the blood taking technique for about a week and I have big veins. I'm also a Nurse who takes blood every other day and her technique was poor. Like you she also took my word for height and weight and I felt overall she made some very easy money.

They also held on to my meds for 2 months, only found out 3 weeks ago from DIMIA that they hadn't been recieved when I e-mailed - when I phoned the practice they mucked me around for 2 weeks not returning my calls then eventually admitted with no apology that meds were on Dr's desk still (2 months later!!!!!! ) they tried to say that they had been waiting for me to phone with our case number as we were sending them unrequested but I had phoned the bloody number in 2 days after the meds were done, and had spoke to the woman who was telling me all this. Kind of takes the point of sending them unrequested don't you think!!?

At last today DIMIA have confirmed that meds recieved.
I think there should be a system in place to report this particular Dr? And yes the room smelt of cat pee.

Lynn
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She seemed a bit eccentric but once I started chatting to her she was very nice. The assistant on the day I was there was a young nurse not her mother, I hope! :scared:

JTL had the pleasure of meeting Dr G twice! The first time was for a business visa - he was asked to do the "turn your head and cough" thingy... The second time was the two of us going for PR visa. She was nice enough to both of us, and all the tests went smoothly. Then only complaint was that she was 20 minutes late. We were waiting outside her clinic in the rain.

That was 13 months ago.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
I had a rather curious incident with that doctor, its a shame Mrs JTL named her, cos I can't give the whole story now without it being libelous, and getting this thread deleted.

Suffice to say,... guys, inform her at the start you are perfectly happy with your wedding tackle :scared:

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:15 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I had a rather curious incident with that doctor, its a shame Mrs JTL named her, cos I can't give the whole story now without it being libelous, and getting this thread deleted.

Suffice to say,... guys, inform her at the start you are perfectly happy with your wedding tackle :scared:

Cheers,
JTL

Hubby never had to do the cough "thingy" with her although she did take a shine to him i think,her comment was "what a big chap you are he was in his underpants at the time !!!
Hubby was just under 18stone at the time & she put him down at 16stone on the form!!

Donna.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

marie_chris is on a distinguished road

All I can say is thank GOD I couldn't get an appointment with her :scared: She was on holiday - I think lynnlovessun was trying to get a hold of her when she was off (when the doc mucked her about with her meds). We ventured to sunny Bonnyrigg and the doc was nice - quick and efficient. Health centre wasn't the may west but it was okay. Both of us in and out within an hour. Xrays couriered to doc (done in Murrayfield)and the doc sent them to oz two days later. Even phoned us to say we had the all clear on both counts (blood & xrays) and wished us good luck. Haven't had confirmation they have been received right enough but it's early yet

Marie xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.