Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Glasgow to Brisbane

Glasgow to Brisbane

Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default Glasgow to Brisbane

Hi All just wondering if anyone can throw a bit of advice on the above flight we would like to stopover maybe Singapore for a couple of day,s and if from Glsagow area where did you book flight ?Thank,s in Advance
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Glasgow to Brisbane

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi All just wondering if anyone can throw a bit of advice on the above flight we would like to stopover maybe Singapore for a couple of day,s and if from Glsagow area where did you book flight ?Thank,s in Advance
Hi we booked through Airline network (singapore airlines were not much more direct) cheapest at the time, Glasgow to Brisbane via singapore tho we didn't do a stopover.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:17 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Airline network. Emirates fly this way. Glasgow-Dubai-Singapore (for refulling but may be able to stop over depending on ticket) then onto Brisbane.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Thanks for info guys we just got visa on Wed just sell house then Brisbane bound Cheers
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations, emotions'll be all over the place a bet!!

Good luck!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Another site worth checking out for flights would be www.ebookers.co.uk and also try Trailfinders.

I personally prefer Hong Kong to Singapore. Its a lot bigger, there is more to do and shopping is better. That said, fewer airlines fly via HKG so the deals may not be as good.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone can,t wait to get away we are expecting the biggest storms of the year tonight so think of us still here on this dark isle AGH !
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gormac

We booked our flights through Travelbag, connection flight is Heathrow then straight to Singapore. Called a few companies but Travelbag ended up being the cheapest! When are you hoping to head out?

Debbie
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi Debbie just house to sell and we,er off so hoping for quick sale thank,s for advice and good luck the Gormacs
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Sorry Debbie forgot to ask did you have a couple of nights in Singapore ?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:27 am
dac
Just Joined

dac is on a distinguished road

Hi Gormac,

I flew Glasgow to Brisbane twice last year (once on my own to validate my visa, then a few months later with the family). I flew with Emirates on the visa validation trip, and they were great. Booked online, flew Glasgow-Dubai-Singapore-Brisbane. They put me up in a hotel while I was in Dubai between flights (around 8 hours) so I could get a shower and a bit of sleep. Also, their in-flight entertainment was excellent (between Glasgow and Dubai anyway). Downside was Dubai airport, which was very busy.

On the flight out with the family, we flew Singapore Airlines, via Heathrow and Singapore. I'm not a fan of Heathrow, but it went smoothly enough. We stopped over in Singapore for 5 nights, and really enjoyed it. Again, we booked direct with the airline.

Best of luck!
Dave
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for advice Dave I,ll go along those lines myself Cheers