Reload this Page >

Gladstone area - whats it really like

Gladstone area - whats it really like

Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:01 am
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default Gladstone area - whats it really like

Hi
We are currently looking at moving from Adelaide to Gladstone, due to job reasons.
Does any one live there and whats it really like, I know its quite Industrial, but we are looking to live Tannum Sands to Boyne Island areas.
What is the town of Gladstone like for shopping??? will I be able to buy a wedding dress there??
Thanks
Kendra
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:08 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gladstone area - whats it really like

Havent been meself but hubby has.......yes it is industrial, but has some gorg bits as well. Housing is still reasonable but due to rise as Gladstone gets more popular. Tannum Sands I have been told is lovely and only a short drive to Gladstone.

Worst bit about Gladstone is its less than 2 hours away fae me lol.

There is a wedding dress place called Gladstone Bridal, and I do know that people from here travel down to go to it. If you cant find anything its always an excuse to jump on a plane and have a weekend in Brissie lol
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:34 am
Just Joined

josiemm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kendra1
Hi
We are currently looking at moving from Adelaide to Gladstone, due to job reasons.
Does any one live there and whats it really like, I know its quite Industrial, but we are looking to live Tannum Sands to Boyne Island areas.
What is the town of Gladstone like for shopping??? will I be able to buy a wedding dress there??
Thanks
Kendra
Hi Kendra,
Log on to www.hillsinhollywood.com, this is a wedding boutique in Gladstone, yes we can'tg believe it either.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by josiemm
Hi Kendra,
Log on to www.hillsinhollywood.com, this is a wedding boutique in Gladstone, yes we can'tg believe it either.
Hey, my neice modelled for them!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:53 am
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link guys will look these up, there is even a store here in adelaide. Got back yesterday from a weekend un QLD, the weather there was great. We really like the area (tannum sands), and just hope that the job comes through.
I also visited 2 bridal shops there and found a dress liked similar to one I have seen here in adelaide and it was half the price. That was an unexpected suprise.
Kendra
Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:13 am

Thanks for the link guys will look these up, there is even a store here in adelaide. Got back yesterday from a weekend un QLD, the weather there was great. We really like the area (tannum sands), and just hope that the job comes through.
I also visited 2 bridal shops there and found a dress liked similar to one I have seen here in adelaide and it was half the price. That was an unexpected suprise.
Kendra
Im glad you liked the area......the weather was fab this weekend in this area...we had the dog down swimming in the ocean it was just gorgeous. My son is just back from Tannum Sands on his school trip and he said it was fab!!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link guys will look these up, there is even a store here in adelaide. Got back yesterday from a weekend un QLD, the weather there was great.
The weather in tropical and near-tropical Queensland is usually "great" in August (winter) - just be prepared for the heat and humidity of summer.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
The weather in tropical and near-tropical Queensland is usually "great" in August (winter) - just be prepared for the heat and humidity of summer.

och its great walkin around lookin like uve peed yer pants, wi the sweat runnin down yer bum crack.....lol been through 2 summers now and managed without the air con......and we got a pool for this year so even betta. Agreed not a good place to go if you cant handle the heat!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:37 am
Just Joined

josiemm is an unknown quantity at this point

Kendra
Hi Kendra,
Gladstone is a wonderful town and I do hope it all turns out well for you. My Hills in Hollywood dress was much cheaper here in Gladstone than all the other Hills stores. Was told overheads is the reason.
Good Luck