Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Giving away copy of migration book - interested?

Giving away copy of migration book - interested?

Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Giving away copy of migration book - interested?

Hopefully I won't upset the adminstrators as I'm giving this away, not selling it.

Anyhow. I have a copy of @Live and Work in Australia and New Zealand' in good condition published 2002, ISBN 1-85458-283-6 for anyone that wants it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...586075-4099620

First person to PM me with address and I'll pop it in the post. I don't want money - better to go to a good home than in the bin.

For the record, while the book is okay, I found 'The Migrants Guide of Emigrating and Settling in Australia' available for www.pomsdownunder.com better by far fopr Oz bound people.

Neil

Last edited by wongstonn; Apr 24th 2005 at 6:21 pm. Reason: Amend title
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:35 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Giving away copy of migration book - interested?

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hopefully I won't upset the adminstrators as I'm giving this away, not selling it.

Anyhow. I have a copy of @Live and Work in Australia and New Zealand' in good condition published 2002, ISBN 1-85458-283-6 for anyone that wants it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...586075-4099620

First person to PM me with address and I'll pop it in the post. I don't want money - better to go to a good home than in the bin.

For the record, while the book is okay, I found 'The Migrants Guide of Emigrating and Settling in Australia' available for www.pomsdownunder.com better by far fopr Oz bound people.

Neil
I have a copy of both books and would definately agree with you. Also, have a copy of the Migrants web site guide from pomsdownunder. Another worthwhile purchase.

Neil
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neil.b
I have a copy of both books and would definately agree with you. Also, have a copy of the Migrants web site guide from pomsdownunder. Another worthwhile purchase.

Neil
Hi Neil.b - already pm'd you about meeting up, can we borrow either of them?

Hi Neil (Wongston) thanks for the map you sent before - its been really helpful. Anything you need? When are you headed out?

Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Book is spoken for. Well done chr1sarter.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flip

Hi Neil (Wongston) thanks for the map you sent before - its been really helpful. Anything you need? When are you headed out?

Carolyn
Hello Carolyn

Glad you got the map. For a moment I thought I saw your name as one of those going to the Midlands Meet which we were at, but apparantly not so.

Anyhow, we're flying out of the UK on 3 May. Pat and Indigo will stay with relatives in Hong Kong while I fly ahead to Melbourne on 15 May to get us somewhere to live. Am gnawing my fingers off!!!!

How are your plans?

Neil
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:59 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Carolyn
Of course you can borrow the books. Will bring them when we all meet up.

Neil
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hello Carolyn

Glad you got the map. For a moment I thought I saw your name as one of those going to the Midlands Meet which we were at, but apparantly not so.

Anyhow, we're flying out of the UK on 3 May. Pat and Indigo will stay with relatives in Hong Kong while I fly ahead to Melbourne on 15 May to get us somewhere to live. Am gnawing my fingers off!!!!

How are your plans?

Neil
Hi Neil

The Midlands Meet thread became split - some were going to Birmingham and some to Wolverhampton - we went to Wolverhampton.

Chris will be arriving alone in Melbourne on 11 May (staying will his brother initially) subject to his job being finalised, and we'll be following in July.

If you'd like to meet up for a pint when you get there email me and I'll give you his number.

What are you going to be doing there & where are you planning on living? How old's your daughter? Our's 8 and our boy 4 today. More questions to be fired out soon.

Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Neil

The Midlands Meet thread became split - some were going to Birmingham and some to Wolverhampton - we went to Wolverhampton.

Chris will be arriving alone in Melbourne on 11 May (staying will his brother initially) subject to his job being finalised, and we'll be following in July.

If you'd like to meet up for a pint when you get there email me and I'll give you his number.

What are you going to be doing there & where are you planning on living? How old's your daughter? Our's 8 and our boy 4 today. More questions to be fired out soon.

Carolyn

Have PM'd you, Carolyn