Give us a clue

Old Sep 24th 2002, 1:33 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Mansion in Padbury
Posts: 804
Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Give us a clue

As we have already discussed on this form the postal backlog, i wonder whether anyone getting their 'call' from the other side (HC) has encountered this?
OK- so the magical call comes, 'send us yer medicals and what not' and then hey presto- you spend the next 5 months (as well as the 22 you have already waited) until they find where their fingers are (not up a***) and open the dratted stuff.
This therefore begs the question- how do we get this all important information to them- do we knock on the door, send rego post, carrier pigeon, bomb??

Sensible suggestions welcome, not so sensible suggestions also welcome as feeling thoruoghly cheesed off!

Cheers

Nicky

PS When are Ceri and Chris going to get in the ring- it's getting pretty feisty!!!!!!!
Grub is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 1:57 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
mashiraz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,656
mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Give us a clue

Nicky,
I think you applied same time as me. Why not send off medicals and police checks now. They are valid for a year so as long as you are able to validate/move before Oct 2003, its worth doing them up front. It took us 2 months just to get an appointment with the medical doctor. They only do immigration cases 1 afternoon a week in Nottingham. Getting the forms from DIMIA only took 4 days. Send a letter requesting the relevent forms to the address on the site.
I know there is some risk involved but surely it must save time in the long run, and at least you know your medical results are ok.

I don't believe the 5 months post thing. Make sure you put your file number/team number on the outside of the envelope.

What d'you think?
Mash...


Originally posted by NickyTurner:
As we have already discussed on this form the postal backlog, i wonder whether anyone getting their 'call' from the other side (HC) has encountered this?
OK- so the magical call comes, 'send us yer medicals and what not' and then hey presto- you spend the next 5 months (as well as the 22 you have already waited) until they find where their fingers are (not up a***) and open the dratted stuff.
This therefore begs the question- how do we get this all important information to them- do we knock on the door, send rego post, carrier pigeon, bomb??
mashiraz is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 2:15 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Mansion in Padbury
Posts: 804
Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Give us a clue

Yes- May 31st (to the day)!!

I already have the police clearances and the medicals are being done on Tuesday morning in Madchester (hope they dont do a pyschological profile!).

When i get them though what do i do with them. I was going to front load but scared if i send them both together (agents have held back police clearances so could go in same envelope) that they could be lost in the VACUUM. So this is me problem- see!

Cheers
Nic
Grub is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 2:39 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
mashiraz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,656
mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Give us a clue

I sent off police clearances and medicals in same envelope immediately I got my file number (December 01) so I could make sure it didn't get lost in the vacuum.

Send them together if you can. You'll have to wait for results of bloods and will pick up sealed envelope from your medical place. They normally don't want your xrays.

They didn't do a psychological profile on any of us, and it seemed quite relaxed (a bit too relaxed for the amount of dosh they get for it!). Lots of waiting around, which was a bit of a pain with a 1 year old (as she was then).

They didn't do a breast exam which I was expecting.

Good luck with it all.
Mash...

PS We applied Sept 1st 2001 so you're in front of us in the queue.

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Yes- May 31st (to the day)!!

I already have the police clearances and the medicals are being done on Tuesday morning in Madchester (hope they dont do a pyschological profile!).

When i get them though what do i do with them. I was going to front load but scared if i send them both together (agents have held back police clearances so could go in same envelope) that they could be lost in the VACUUM. So this is me problem- see!

Cheers
Nic
mashiraz is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 5:59 pm
  #5  
Alan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Give us a clue

Funny, I would normally find that hard to believe as well, But then again I
sent Police and medical checks to AHC six months(As they requested) And am
STILL waiting for somebody to do something.


"mashiraz" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
.com
...
    > Nicky,
    > I think you applied same time as me. Why not send off medicals and
    > police checks now. They are valid for a year so as long as you are able
    > to validate/move before Oct 2003, its worth doing them up front. It
    > took us 2 months just to get an appointment with the medical doctor.
    > They only do immigration cases 1 afternoon a week in Nottingham.
    > Getting the forms from DIMIA only took 4 days. Send a letter requesting
    > the relevent forms to the address on the site.
    > I know there is some risk involved but surely it must save time in the
    > long run, and at least you know your medical results are ok.
    > I don't believe the 5 months post thing. Make sure you put your file
    > number/team number on the outside of the envelope.
    > What d'you think?
    > Mash...
    > Originally posted by NickyTurner:
    > > As we have already discussed on this form the postal backlog, i wonder
    > > whether anyone getting their 'call' from the other side (HC) has
    > > encountered this?
    > > OK- so the magical call comes, 'send us yer medicals and what not' and
    > > then hey presto- you spend the next 5 months (as well as the 22 you
    > > have already waited) until they find where their fingers are (not up
    > > a***) and open the dratted stuff.
    > > This therefore begs the question- how do we get this all important
    > > information to them- do we knock on the door, send rego post, carrier
    > > pigeon, bomb??
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 
Old Sep 24th 2002, 9:25 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
mashiraz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,656
mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Give us a clue

Alan,

Have you spoken to them?

Mash


[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Alan:
Funny, I would normally find that hard to believe as well, But then again I
sent Police and medical checks to AHC six months(As they requested) And am
STILL waiting for somebody to do something.
mashiraz is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 11:51 pm
  #7  
Still Waiting
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Give us a clue

Oh yes, I was told in early July(5th July) in would be a few weeks, And In
August I chased them again and was given the bush off. and told to wait !


"mashiraz" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
.com
...
    > Alan,
    > Have you spoken to them?
    > Mash
    >
    > Originally posted by Alan:
    > > Funny, I would normally find that hard to believe as well, But then
    > > again I
    > > sent Police and medical checks to AHC six months(As they requested)
    > > And am
    > > STILL waiting for somebody to do something.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 
Old Sep 26th 2002, 2:17 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Mansion in Padbury
Posts: 804
Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Give us a clue

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Still Waiting:
Oh yes, I was told in early July(5th July) in would be a few weeks, And In
August I chased them again and was given the bush off. and told to wait !

Have you spoken to your agent???

As far as i was aware- when they request your medicals and police checks this means that you are nearly through and it's a case of 'righto, your an ok sort, let's have yer passports for stamping'. Am i incorrect in thinking this?

Anyone encounter last minute hitches/ requests for more info etc at the last minute. Anyone ever heard of anyone getting knocked back??

Help please!
Grub is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.