Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Girly question!!! GHD's to they work in Oz?

Girly question!!! GHD's to they work in Oz?

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Soton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really nice
Default Girly question!!! GHD's to they work in Oz?

Hiya all
I have a 2 year old pair of GHD's and wander if they are gonna work in Oz, I know the new GHD's work all over the world.. but these are not new and worried that my Good Hair Days will be no longer!!!
PLEASE HELP!!! Packing now to leave Oz a week on Monday !! Watch out Sydney!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girly question!!! GHD's to they work in Oz?

God I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

No, there is a magical force field in Oz that stops them from working.

I'd imagine so? With a plug adapter obviously.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soton2Sydney
Hiya all
I have a 2 year old pair of GHD's and wander if they are gonna work in Oz, I know the new GHD's work all over the world.. but these are not new and worried that my Good Hair Days will be no longer!!!
PLEASE HELP!!! Packing now to leave Oz a week on Monday !! Watch out Sydney!!
What the hell is a pair of GHDs?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Yep they do!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
No, there is a magical force field in Oz that stops them from working.

I'd imagine so? With a plug adapter obviously.
In some countries GHD's dont work for some reason - mine refused to work in Cuba.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hiye,

GHD is a hair straightener!!! The best invention in the world as far as I am concerned
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helena39
Hiye,

GHD is a hair straightener!!! The best invention in the world as far as I am concerned
Thanks. Can never understand why you'd want to straighten hair if it is naturally curly.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Got to say I would of reconsisdered the whole move if the GHD,s did not work in OZ I came for a reckkie to try them out, and with an adapter there are no problems. My GHD,s are over 2 years old now also. I just dont know how I would of managed without them
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Thanks. Can never understand why you'd want to straighten hair if it is naturally curly.

The problem is so many of us have hair that hovers somewhere between straight and curly. Think sheep in a thunderstorm.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
In some countries GHD's dont work for some reason - mine refused to work in Cuba.
They refused to work in Cuba because Cuba is on 110V and not 220 like here or UK.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I wasn't the only one! Obviously not girly enough
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Soton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really nice

THANK GOD!! Thank you very much!

I was worried as I was in New York last year and they didnt work. Im glad im not the only one who worries about these stupid things.. phew!!

Thanks a lot ladies. xxx
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:35 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

yep they do but due to force of gravity your hair is straightened upwards not down
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
They probably did, they just got half as hot as normal!! Only 110V in Cuba. Women, know your limits....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.