Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Girls Oz IS your dream country.

Girls Oz IS your dream country.

Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Girls Oz IS your dream country.

This cracked me up. From Sundays paper and just for a giggle.

Australian women has become so large in the last couple of decades that the average woman is now a size 16-18!

Oz has decided to bring in a new sizing system to accomodate them.

Todays size 18 will become a size 14, a size 20 a sylph like 16, size 16 well your now a Elle like size 12. Size 8's dont bother looking they are not making them anymore!!

So chow down girls, big macs, cream buns the skys the limit, dont worry about the flab, your the new size 12!!

Downside is of course if nature deemed you a size 8 or 10 your going to be stuck wearing mini-mee outfits.

Bigger is better in OZ
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:49 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: Girls Oz IS your dream country.

Originally posted by dotty

Australian women has become so large in the last couple of decades that the average woman is now a size 16-18!
I read the first paragraph of the same story (different paper). As well as growing outwards, the "average" Aussie has also grown upwards.

Anyway, forget dress sizes, us blokes don't understand them or care about them.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:51 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshpom
I read the first paragraph of the same story (different paper). As well as growing outwards, the "average" Aussie has also grown upwards.

Anyway, forget dress sizes, us blokes don't understand them or care about them.
Down in your cups too?
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[
So chow down girls, big macs, cream buns the skys the limit, dont worry about the flab, your the new size 12!!

========================================

God damn it - I love this country!!!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Todays size 18 will become a size 14, a size 20 a sylph like 16, size 16 well your now a Elle like size 12. Size 8's dont bother looking they are not making them anymore!!

Downside is of course if nature deemed you a size 8 or 10 your going to be stuck wearing mini-mee outfits.

Bigger is better in OZ

My kindda place........
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just to confuse the issue further, I found that an Oz size 16 is roughly the equivalent to a UK size 14 - so I had to buy a size larger all the time! Very depressing!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pollyana
Just to confuse the issue further, I found that an Oz size 16 is roughly the equivalent to a UK size 14 - so I had to buy a size larger all the time! Very depressing!!

Just to confuse even more........ I find the opposite. I find the womens clothes bigger here .. i.e a 10 is an 8 and 8 is a 10 (same thing lol)

And I can't get a real 8.. I've only seen 7's in Jeans (never seen a 6) which tends to be a little bigger than a UK 8. Arggg

Mens clothing I find smaller than the UK.. hubby takes larger clothing sizes here than the UK ones.

And to even confuse you more... I have difficulty buying good fitting shoes... I'm a UK 4, when converted correctly into Aussie sizes there is no such thing a 4 should convert into a 5 and half aussie size ... I can only get 5 (UK 3 1/2) or 6 sizes (UK 4 and half) here.... arrg, I'm sure there are more confusing things... yes bra sizes... but I think I'll leave that one well alone ..lol

cheers
Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Agree Ceri - I am a 12 but now am a size 10 in aussie language - you see beer & burgers do help you lose weight!

Shoes - I feel like a right bigfoot looking for a size 8 1/2 compared to a size 6.

I stocked up on so much undies before I left UK that I haven't had to do the bra thing yet!! soon though - getting a bit grubby!

Dotty can always bring me a lod back though.

Diane
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lard

There are some big birds here making tackling supermarket aisles difficult.

I think it is because food portions here are much bigger. Cans of coke are bigger and packets of crisps are twice the size.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:33 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
[

========================================

God damn it - I love this country!!!

bugger........just as Ive managed to lose 4 stone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared:
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Like the idea of being in different clothes sizes, but it doesn't alter the fact that I have put weight on whilst waiting for visas and house sale.(comfort eating) I am not fat, but will be if I don't do something about it.
I was watching a programme the other week and it was saying the the UK now has the most obese people in europe. It always used to be the Germans, but now its us.
Went round the shops yesterday, and everyone was waddling around in their big clothes.
Diet starts today - don't want to be a statisitic.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

You wait till you get here - I don't know anyone who hasn't put on at least half a stone!!!! I was so full of good intentions before I came. Someone PLEASE motivate me and take me to an excersice class!!

I think we all OD on the plonk n' beer etc when we first get here. Personally, I have put weight on since starting work (sitting on my arse all day)

Weightwatchers anyone?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Wait for me, i'll join in at the excersise class, then we can stop off at the chip shop on the way home.
ooopps, no, don't think that will work somehow!!

Whisky
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lose weight by surfing

Before I left England my wife advised me to get a suit size bigger because I was podging up.

When I got here I learnt to surf and I have never been fitter or skinnier because it is hard work paddling out.

Out in the line up there are a few women and they all have very good bodies.

The locals are sports mad and if you want to you can work the weight off.

Unusually I ignored my wife and got the smaller suit and I am a little bit too small for it.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Yep sizes are definately bigger here. I've lost 22kg since I've been here and now wear a size 10 jeans which are too big, but I can't find any size 8 stretch jeans anywhere, and I've still got 5kg to lose!! I used to have a problem in the UK finding the larger sizes as i was big back then, but now I can't find any small enough, typical!! Bra sizes are different too. cup sizes are the same but instead of a 36D I'm a 10D here, which makes sense really. Oh and if you are thinking of going out and buying some bras around Sydney there is a chain of shops here called 'bras n things', they are really helpful at finding the right bra for you, oh and they seem more hot on underwired here for some reason! I've had trouble finding non wired in my size. I've found it easier to find nicer clothes here though, although that's probably because I'm smaller now and can fit in all the nice clothes!! anyway, I'll stop bragging now, but I am proud of myself for losing all that weight, I haven't been as slim as this for 10 years!

Mandy

Bigger is better in OZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.