Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gigs on the Gold Coast?

Gigs on the Gold Coast?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:21 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Gigs on the Gold Coast?

We've got some rellies coming over (woo babysitters) and two of them are our gigging buddies. As my in-laws will be able to look after the little un for a couple of nights we're hoping to get out. Would be ace if we can go somewhere that has live music.

Any recommendations?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:31 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gigs on the Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by Clippy
We've got some rellies coming over (woo babysitters) and two of them are our gigging buddies. As my in-laws will be able to look after the little un for a couple of nights we're hoping to get out. Would be ace if we can go somewhere that has live music.

Any recommendations?
You know what I'm gonna say! ...

Have a butchers here:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:58 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
You know what I'm gonna say! ...

Have a butchers here:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/
Lol hello.

I've had a swizz at that but when I put in Rock, Gold Coast, it doesn't come up with anything

I'm after a pub or something you know, just a little venue with some live music on (and not too expensive beer ). Or failing that somewhere that just plays decent music. There were loads of places like this in Brum and was hoping to find something along those lines.

Not getting much response yet though am I
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Lol hello.

I've had a swizz at that but when I put in Rock, Gold Coast, it doesn't come up with anything

I'm after a pub or something you know, just a little venue with some live music on (and not too expensive beer ). Or failing that somewhere that just plays decent music. There were loads of places like this in Brum and was hoping to find something along those lines.

Not getting much response yet though am I
Yeah don't hold your breath mate! ...

Brissie might offer sommit, but maybe clutching at straws! ...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:14 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get that freesheet 'The Sun' delivered? There are quite a few ads for live music in there but I have to say most of it seems quite cheesey!
Twin Towns, Southport Sharks and other 'clubs' seem to have the most on offer. Brisbane is much better for live music - the trains run quite late so a night out there is doable.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:32 am

Yeah don't hold your breath mate! ...

Brissie might offer sommit, but maybe clutching at straws! ...
Lol, well I know but it was worth a try

I'm prepared to go to Brissie
Originally Posted by Carbery
Do you get that freesheet 'The Sun' delivered? There are quite a few ads for live music in there but I have to say most of it seems quite cheesey!
Twin Towns, Southport Sharks and other 'clubs' seem to have the most on offer. Brisbane is much better for live music - the trains run quite late so a night out there is doable.
Ooh no I don't get that, is there somewhere I can pick one up from?

Can you recommend somewhere in Brissie? Or a few places even better

Thank you
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Ooh no I don't get that, is there somewhere I can pick one up from?
Yeah, Upper Coomera ... you can have mine, it's still out on the drive ...

See ya tomorrow! ...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Any recommendations?
Brisbane live music venue guide

We certainly haven't covered every venue here, but at least you'll get a rundown. For more details on the live music scene, and a good Brisbane gig guide check out the Brisbane Musos website.

If there's nothing on at the following venues, there's just nothing on

The Zoo - 711 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley
An icon of the local indie music scene since 1992, The Zoo hosts live music from Thursdays to Saturdays and any indie Australian artist worth their salt has played here. Drop in if you're in town and you'll be at the coal face of good, brash Australian music.

The Troubadour - Brunswick Street Mall, Fortitude Valley
Host to the softer side of Australian indie music, the Troubadour is a small, long, iconic venue in the heart of Brunswick Street Mall - well worth a visit if you like things a little softer

The Globe — 220 Brunswick Street, Fortitue Valley
an old theatre which has been turned into a music venue, The Globe is one of the coolest looking live music venues anywhere, it hosts some of the best music in town.

Rics Cafe and Bar — Brunswick Street Mall, Fortitude Valley
This tiny cafe looks too small to have a dining table, let alone a stage, but it's one of the coolest hang-outs on the indie music scene in Brisbane. You're guaranteed to see the next big indie thing here, or at the very least, some worthy musical angst.

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Brisbane
hope this helps

Last edited by jimmyd4006; Apr 10th 2008 at 11:51 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:48 am

Yeah, Upper Coomera ... you can have mine, it's still out on the drive ...

See ya tomorrow! ...
Get kettle on then lad

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
That's brilliant link thanks very much
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:50 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

clipps i cant help.....but..

hope you have a great time...

ast....
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Get kettle on then lad
Hey I might even pull out the guitar and sing you a song! ................. NOT! ...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
Brisbane live music venue guide

We certainly haven't covered every venue here, but at least you'll get a rundown. For more details on the live music scene, and a good Brisbane gig guide check out the Brisbane Musos website.

If there's nothing on at the following venues, there's just nothing on

The Zoo - 711 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley
An icon of the local indie music scene since 1992, The Zoo hosts live music from Thursdays to Saturdays and any indie Australian artist worth their salt has played here. Drop in if you're in town and you'll be at the coal face of good, brash Australian music.

The Troubadour - Brunswick Street Mall, Fortitude Valley
Host to the softer side of Australian indie music, the Troubadour is a small, long, iconic venue in the heart of Brunswick Street Mall - well worth a visit if you like things a little softer

The Globe — 220 Brunswick Street, Fortitue Valley
an old theatre which has been turned into a music venue, The Globe is one of the coolest looking live music venues anywhere, it hosts some of the best music in town.

Rics Cafe and Bar — Brunswick Street Mall, Fortitude Valley
This tiny cafe looks too small to have a dining table, let alone a stage, but it's one of the coolest hang-outs on the indie music scene in Brisbane. You're guaranteed to see the next big indie thing here, or at the very least, some worthy musical angst.

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Brisbane
hope this helps
That's brilliant help thanks

Originally Posted by aston man
clipps i cant help.....but..

hope you have a great time...

ast....
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oiiiii!!! Where have you been? I've missed you.

Hey I might even pull out the guitar and sing you a song! ................. NOT! ...
Ooh do you play? Do you? I wanna learn
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Coolie Hotel always have live bands. There are a few others that I know do but I can't remember which ones. I'll check the brain cells.

Edit: Found this site: http://www.gcmia.org.au/directory/live-music-venues.htm

Last edited by moneypenny20; Apr 10th 2008 at 12:01 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Ooh do you play? Do you? I wanna learn
I strum chords, nothing spectactular, altho in a drunken haze I once posted me singing that Hotel California song on here! ...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:03 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

What about Twin Towns, Tweed, sure they do live music C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.