Gifts!!

Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:23 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gifts!!

Hi everyone

As it's Mothers Day here in the UK today it got me thinking....

I know Amazon do a gift wrap and delivery service. Has anyone got any recommendations of other gift companies on the internet that provide this service.

I'm trying to prepare myself for all the birthdays and christmas presents I will have to deal with from oz.

Thanks

Louise
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Default Re: Gifts!!

Is it mothers days in Australia too?
if not do they have a mothers day and when is it?
many thanks
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hindon
Is it mothers days in Australia too?
if not do they have a mothers day and when is it?
many thanks
Hi Hindon

According to my Spectacular Sydney calendar Mothers Day is Sunday 13th May this year.

Louise
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

yep that's right - I'll stock up on cards in May to send next March, sent blank flowery type ones this year!

scillyflowers.co.uk do great flowers, postage etc all included in good range of prices!

also used amazon and Boden's great for kids clothes and Early Learning Centre too! having just sent a pair of boots for $50 think I'll try to be more organised and send via sea in future - takes up to 3 months but half price!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jothefw
yep that's right - I'll stock up on cards in May to send next March, sent blank flowery type ones this year!

scillyflowers.co.uk do great flowers, postage etc all included in good range of prices!

also used amazon and Boden's great for kids clothes and Early Learning Centre too! having just sent a pair of boots for $50 think I'll try to be more organised and send via sea in future - takes up to 3 months but half price!
Hi

Thanks for that, it does pay to be organised doesn't it.

I've bought 2 extra cards this year to take with me, cos we won't be in oz now by May (still waiting for house to sell) so that means I won't be able to get cards in time for next March.

I'll put those sites in my favourites, cheers.

Louise
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louise
Hi everyone

As it's Mothers Day here in the UK today it got me thinking....

I know Amazon do a gift wrap and delivery service. Has anyone got any recommendations of other gift companies on the internet that provide this service.

I'm trying to prepare myself for all the birthdays and christmas presents I will have to deal with from oz.

Thanks

Louise
Have ordered from Marks & Spencer before & they have gift wrapped...
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Jarvl will become famous soon enoughJarvl will become famous soon enough

Hi Hindon

According to my Spectacular Sydney calendar Mothers Day is Sunday 13th May this year.

Louise
You can buy Mothers Day cards over here in March.... some shops stock them (often with Easter Cards) with a sign saying "UK Mothers Day".

UK Mothers Day is also on our calendars.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jarvl
You can buy Mothers Day cards over here in March.... some shops stock them (often with Easter Cards) with a sign saying "UK Mothers Day".

not in my sleepy town! lucky to get much here!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jarvl

Excellent, thanks for that.

My cousin lived in Chicago and I know she had real problems the first Mothers Day she was there so I thought I would be organised.

Louise
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:06 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

try www.moonpig.com

I used these this year to send my mum a card and flowers!
Really reasonable priced,mum said the flowers are really lovely too!!!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent, thanks for that.

My cousin lived in Chicago and I know she had real problems the first Mothers Day she was there so I thought I would be organised.

Louise
Yep, some Aussie shops do have Mothers Day cards for the UK date.

Sue tipped me off to these links too - http://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/..._fullrange.asp

and

http://www.voucherexpress.co.uk

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 18th 2007 at 10:10 am.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, some Aussie shops do have Mothers Day cards for the UK date.

Sue tipped me off to these links too - http://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/..._fullrange.asp

and

http://www.voucherexpress.co.uk
I used http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/ and bought my mum the the virtual gift of school dinners for 600 children in under priveleged countries.

Lisa.xx
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fantastic! Karma sent

Leigh
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Fantastic! Karma sent

Leigh
I had to do it the other way round (uk - oz) but only sent a card as i spent a fortune on presents last week as it was my mums 50th and she said the place was full of flowers still! giftsaustralia.com are a good website to use if u r sending gifts the other way and the flowers are cheaper than interflora but just as nice
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I make my own as I find Aussie cards a bit naff and on the expensive side. You can buy all the basic card making stuff from places like $2 shops, spotlight etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.