Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting your passport changed to include married name?

Getting your passport changed to include married name?

Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Getting your passport changed to include married name?

Hi Guys,

I've had a search of the forum on this and have just ended up confusing my self even more (that could be due to no coffee this morning)

I have just recently got married (on top the Sydney Harbor bridge - which was amazing ) and I need to know how to get my details updated in my passport.

Q: Do I have to send it back to the UK or can it be done here? From what I have read I can do either!!!

Any help on this would be great

Ta
Chelly
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Getting your passport changed to include married name?

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

I've had a search of the forum on this and have just ended up confusing my self even more (that could be due to no coffee this morning)

I have just recently got married (on top the Sydney Harbor bridge - which was amazing ) and I need to know how to get my details updated in my passport.

Q: Do I have to send it back to the UK or can it be done here? From what I have read I can do either!!!

Ta
Chelly
Hi, many congratulations.

I recently changed my married name on my UK passport. It has to get sent to NZ.
I cant get the link to work, but if you look under Australia, then renewal of UK passport. You will find all the info you need.

Kim
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You also need to register your changed name with the birth/marriage registry in NSW.

You do realise that you don't have to change your name?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
You also need to register your changed name with the birth/marriage registry in NSW.

You do realise that you don't have to change your name?
I didn't have to register my changed name in NSW. That was just over one month ago.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, i found the link.

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...pply/australia

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/res...3-ChangeofName

Hope that helps

Good luck

Kim
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is no need for the OP to register a change of name with the NSW registry. Check the "Please Note" paragraph at the bottom of this page.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Ta
Chelly
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609751