Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting the wibbly wobblies now!

getting the wibbly wobblies now!

Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting the wibbly wobblies now!

We went to oz for 8 months, came back, never settled back in uk, felt it was mistake to return, soon after return. Now persuaded hubby to return which he said yes and he is about to submit his Australian police application. Only thing is now I'm getting the wibbly wobblies
Still certain that I want to go, can't imagine staying here, but feel scared as we're doing it again, have to sell house again, find jobs and tell families AGAIN :scared:
I know you can never say never but this time it will really be burn all bridges can't keep going back and forth. As it was my initiating this time feel really responsible for all the family. (two kids also). Am I crazy mad or stupid? or brave positive and strong?????
Any similar feelings and thoughts to help me feel confident (or not if you really must) would be great!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Location: Near Buckingham UK, but moving to Adelaide in February 2006.
Sian & Paul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: getting the wibbly wobblies now!

Originally Posted by fishface
We went to oz for 8 months, came back, never settled back in uk, felt it was mistake to return, soon after return. Now persuaded hubby to return which he said yes and he is about to submit his Australian police application. Only thing is now I'm getting the wibbly wobblies
Still certain that I want to go, can't imagine staying here, but feel scared as we're doing it again, have to sell house again, find jobs and tell families AGAIN :scared:
I know you can never say never but this time it will really be burn all bridges can't keep going back and forth. As it was my initiating this time feel really responsible for all the family. (two kids also). Am I crazy mad or stupid? or brave positive and strong?????
Any similar feelings and thoughts to help me feel confident (or not if you really must) would be great!

If you're prepared to uproot your lives for the third time you must really want to (or are completely mad!). We're doing this for the first time and would not want to do it again! You've seen the world from both sides and now know that you prefer Oz so we think you're brave but wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you tell everyone again! :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:05 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

I totally understand how you feel,I am terrified too and I don't even have little ones. I have wanted to live in OZ ever since I travelled there 6 years ago. I loved it. Kept mentioing to my husband Ian but he was totally against it and we tried moving to a different house in the UK to see if that made a difference, it didn't! Started talking about it agin a few months ago and Ian was still very much against it but pretended he was thinking about it. We had lots of conversations, arguments and tears and it was decided on News Years Eve that it would not happen (great new years eve!). Howver we have had a turn around and now he is up for it! I have just emailed our contract to George Lombard employing him as our migration agent and Ian has filled in the forms to pay him. He has also been looking on the internet, reading magazines and watching a place in the sun! We also told his family on the weekend and he has turned down a promotion at work so he does not complicate his TRA application. I can not believe the turn around, it is very strange.

I just hope it works out becasue I very much feel like if it were not for me Ian would never have done this and his family know that. He has given up everything for my dream and I hope it turns out to be everything I want it to be and he loves it too.

We want to have a family soon and what better place to bring up children than Australia, the sea, the lifestyle and all the animals - amazing. I think he will get a job quite easily but I just hope he likes it and does well as he is doing great here. I am a primary school teacher and think I am going to find it harder than him to get work so who knows, maybe I will stay at home with lots of babies!!

Where are you heading too? What part did youlive in last time? We are finding it hard choosing between Perth and Brisbane, any thoughts on that?

Take care and good luck!
Michelle
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: getting the wibbly wobblies now!

Originally Posted by Vernons
I totally understand how you feel,I am terrified too and I don't even have little ones. I have wanted to live in OZ ever since I travelled there 6 years ago. I loved it. Kept mentioing to my husband Ian but he was totally against it and we tried moving to a different house in the UK to see if that made a difference, it didn't! Started talking about it agin a few months ago and Ian was still very much against it but pretended he was thinking about it. We had lots of conversations, arguments and tears and it was decided on News Years Eve that it would not happen (great new years eve!). Howver we have had a turn around and now he is up for it! I have just emailed our contract to George Lombard employing him as our migration agent and Ian has filled in the forms to pay him. He has also been looking on the internet, reading magazines and watching a place in the sun! We also told his family on the weekend and he has turned down a promotion at work so he does not complicate his TRA application. I can not believe the turn around, it is very strange.

I just hope it works out becasue I very much feel like if it were not for me Ian would never have done this and his family know that. He has given up everything for my dream and I hope it turns out to be everything I want it to be and he loves it too.

We want to have a family soon and what better place to bring up children than Australia, the sea, the lifestyle and all the animals - amazing. I think he will get a job quite easily but I just hope he likes it and does well as he is doing great here. I am a primary school teacher and think I am going to find it harder than him to get work so who knows, maybe I will stay at home with lots of babies!!

Where are you heading too? What part did youlive in last time? We are finding it hard choosing between Perth and Brisbane, any thoughts on that?

Take care and good luck!
Michelle
Thanks Michelle. good luck to you too. we were on the sunshine coast 50 mins north of Brisbane and it was beautiful, very relaxed and lots of things to do, not to far away from Brissie, but also not far from barrier reef and beautiful holiday places. we met loads of friendly people and found a lovely school and housing area too. Houses are a bit pricey compared to some places, although I am told they are dropping a bit at the mo, and not selling so fast(which is good for us). My mum is a widow and we will be taking her grandchildren away Again! my brother lives near to her, but feel bad about her obviously. However I sound so cold, but I can't put our lives on hold by staying here either. I like you just hope all is well as hubby will be resigning here this time( he took career break last time so this will be it and my fault if all goes wrong and our decision if all works out, if you know what I mean!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:28 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

We're back in aus now for the second time having returned back to the uk because my wife (girlfriend at the time) was homesick ..

the minute we touched down in heathrow we knew we'd made a mistake and since then have been trying to get back

1 month in and we're loving it in brisbane ... really glad we up'd sticks and came back out here ... the wife feels much more positive about it this time!!

Its totally understandable that your nervous but i'm sure you have nothing to worry about .. just like us .. you now know what to expect out in aus so can prepare youself better

good luck and keep us informed !!!