Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting visa label in passport

Getting visa label in passport

Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

MaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really nice
Default Getting visa label in passport

I have just been granted a permanent visa under the ENS subclass 121 - In my grant letter and on the Australian embassy in london website, it says that we need to send off our passports with the grant letter to get the visa label.

Is it possible to do this in person at the Australian Embassy in london without having to send off passports in the post?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:08 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting visa label in passport

are they not electronic?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:54 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaggersandJen
I have just been granted a permanent visa under the ENS subclass 121 - In my grant letter and on the Australian embassy in london website, it says that we need to send off our passports with the grant letter to get the visa label.

Is it possible to do this in person at the Australian Embassy in london without having to send off passports in the post?
No, you can't do it in person. As it says, you send off your passports with the visa grant letter/email and a paid for special delivery enevelope (so they can return the passports to you) - all of it is sent to London "special delivery".

If you send it off on a Monday, you'll get it back Thursday.

Gina
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:04 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

They are really quick, ours came back within 3 days too.

Joex
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
They are really quick, ours came back within 3 days too.

Joex
Ours came back in 3 working days too.

Hubby wanted to go to London but it would have cost more than the £9.00 somethign we paid to send it special delivery there and back.

Ooh and your visa is same as ours the little sticker thingies look nice though i was hopign they'd be gold LMAO

Jen

Last edited by JenJen; Sep 27th 2007 at 8:37 pm. Reason: I'm a ****
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

MaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really nice

Cheers folks! They will be in the post on Monday
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

get it posted asap , the lazy gits at the post office are on strike soon
Old Sep 28th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Heres me being impatient again...

Can you use a scanned in copy of your grant letter to send off with your passports (I wont be back to the address its been posted to for 2 weeks)?

I would have thought this would be ok?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 5:20 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Heres me being impatient again...

Can you use a scanned in copy of your grant letter to send off with your passports (I wont be back to the address its been posted to for 2 weeks)?

I would have thought this would be ok?
Don't see why not. Our "grant letter" was an email attachment. So, I printed that off and sent it. A scanned copy won't be any different. I think they only need it because it's got your DIAC numbers and names on - so they can match it to the info on their computer. Therefore, a scanned copy should be fine.

Gina
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:14 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ours came back in 3 working days too.

Hubby wanted to go to London but it would have cost more than the £9.00 somethign we paid to send it special delivery there and back.

Ooh and your visa is same as ours the little sticker thingies look nice though i was hopign they'd be gold LMAO

Jen
mine came back within 3 days also,

I too was expecting something a little more exciting than the sticker that came back!!

Last edited by penky; Sep 28th 2007 at 7:05 pm. Reason: grammar!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by penky
I too was expecting something a little more exciting that the sticker that came back!!
Hehehehe ... I am a very sad (mad) person and have been known to stroke the sticker

Gina
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hehehehe ... I am a very sad (mad) person and have been known to stroke the sticker

Gina
Now I do have concerns lollllll

Jen
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:49 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
No, you can't do it in person. As it says, you send off your passports with the visa grant letter/email and a paid for special delivery enevelope (so they can return the passports to you) - all of it is sent to London "special delivery".

If you send it off on a Monday, you'll get it back Thursday.

Gina
Of course you can do it in person, if they are busy they may ask you to leave your passports and come back in an hour or so as the labels cannot physically be printed at the counter but it is definatly possible to do.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yep! You can do it in person as i did it yesterday

Australia high commision is only open from 9am-11am and it takes about 15 minutes and you dont have to worry about postal strikes etc.

Nearest tube station is Temple.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:01 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! You can do it in person as i did it yesterday

Australia high commision is only open from 9am-11am and it takes about 15 minutes and you dont have to worry about postal strikes etc.

Nearest tube station is Temple.
Yeah, its a bit annoying when people post things that you know to be untrue; I'd been and done it myself so knew it was possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.