Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting stressing for shipping help!!!!!

Getting stressing for shipping help!!!!!

Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of
Default Getting stressing for shipping help!!!!!

Hi Our shippers arrive on Mon and basically I am panicking, was up till 3 cleaning shoe soles with Jeyes, but can't get every tiny mark off....how good do they need to be, scrapping tread grooves with knive etc....is this ok, Rugs....washed onesI can, had couple dry cleaned but still tiny marks...will this be OK???? Anything else I need to think about....sorting xmas decs to remove cones etc, not taking any garden furniture or tools so thats one less thing..........all of a sudden this is all reality and obviouskly family getting funny too......
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: Getting stressing for shipping help!!!!!

QUOTE=Samleeuk;6862368]Hi Our shippers arrive on Mon and basically I am panicking, was up till 3 cleaning shoe soles with Jeyes, but can't get every tiny mark off....how good do they need to be, scrapping tread grooves with knive etc....is this ok, Rugs....washed onesI can, had couple dry cleaned but still tiny marks...will this be OK???? Anything else I need to think about....sorting xmas decs to remove cones etc, not taking any garden furniture or tools so thats one less thing..........all of a sudden this is all reality and obviouskly family getting funny too......[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what i'm doing today the sun is shining and i have hundreds (well not quite) shoe all lined up drying in the sun, having scrubbed them with Jeyes, i used a scurbbing brusha and knife to dig out all signs of mud/dirt, just got them as clean as i could.
Good luck who have you got to ship your stuff, mine come in 17 days I've got John Masons, hope they can help me with stuff as I'm on my own, OH and daughter already there
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of

Thats exactly what i'm doing today the sun is shining and i have hundreds (well not quite) shoe all lined up drying in the sun, having scrubbed them with Jeyes, i used a scurbbing brusha and knife to dig out all signs of mud/dirt, just got them as clean as i could.
Good luck who have you got to ship your stuff, mine come in 17 days I've got John Masons, hope they can help me with stuff as I'm on my own, OH and daughter already there[/QUOTE]

Wow that must be hard on your own, although we have a 2 yr and 5 yr old as quickly as stuff goes in to ship box its out the other side.......we are using Whites......just stuff everywhere aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

I've been doing that this week too, our shippers are coming on Friday so I've been busy with the Jeyes fluid.

The muck etc on the shoes is not a problem it's the chewing gum that's the bugger. I've tried my best but you can still see some marks.

I hope the Jeyes fluid doesn't ruin my poss (but now 3 years old) boots

Good luck.

Thanks

M
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

peggy76 is on a distinguished road

lol, i have been at our shoes with a tooth brush, scrubbing brush thingy and also a dentists tooth picker. think i may throw it away now. just had a shipping company out for a quote and he says just cover every thing with jeyes if the customs open the boxes then smell the fluid they know you have been thorough. good luck to you all. i am so jealous we are still waiting to get a date to go.