Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting ready to go.........

Getting ready to go.........

Old Dec 24th 2003, 8:48 am
FatherChristmas

Default Getting ready to go.........

Time To Go...

Right now, I am getting ready to say goodbye to Mother Christmas. She'll miss me during my long trip around the world. Good thing I'm only gone for a day. With a little luck, Mother Christmas will spend some time cooking while I am away. When I get back to the North Pole I am sure to be hungry. Even if you leave me a snack.

If you want to track my flight tonight take a look at

http://www.noradsanta.org/english/radar/index.html

I will be seeing you all later.....asleep I hope

Father Christmas

Last edited by FatherChristmas; Dec 24th 2003 at 1:28 pm.

Old Dec 24th 2003, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Father Christmas,
Could I please have

a Pleasant Flight for early Jan
a good rental house for early Jan
a new house ready for February
a new job that pay's enough to live on ready for late February

thanks in advance
Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Santa,
Please make sure you wear shorts when you get down to Oz - wouldn't want you keeling over from heatstroke!
Love
Pollyana

P S Hope you got my change of address note?
Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:24 am
FatherChristmas

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
Dear Father Christmas,
Could I please have

a Pleasant Flight for early Jan
a good rental house for early Jan
a new house ready for February
a new job that pay's enough to live on ready for late February

thanks in advance
Dear Peter and Sue,

You may have mistaken me for someone altogether more almighty. I can merely deliver presents not miracles .

Please also read the small print on my contract with regard to last date for present requests to be submitted.

Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:28 am
FatherChristmas

Originally posted by Pollyana
Dear Santa,
Please make sure you wear shorts when you get down to Oz - wouldn't want you keeling over from heatstroke!
Love
Pollyana

P S Hope you got my change of address note?
Pollyana,

As you know from your experience on your broomstick, it is much cooler at higher altitudes. I do know where you and Carl live and will do my best to spread some christmas cheer for you.

If I see your stray parcel floating around on my travels tonight I will drop it off for you.

Father Christmas

Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:48 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OOh Thank you Father Christmas, Would you like me to leave you out a large glass of Baileys, or would you prefer Cascade Premium?
I think the stray parcel may be large and chair-shaped, so keep an eye out for it!

I shall be following your progress on you tracking site, so that I can make sure I'm in bed asleep when you get here!

Love
Pollyana
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Dearest Santa

As my three children will not be in Oz for christmas please could you send them a koala and kangaroo in their sockings as my little girl insists Santa does not deliver to Oz. (just to let her know you'll be passing over that way!!)

For us please, please can we have that note saying its medical time (so we know as not too drink to much brandy over the next couple of days!!!)

Saying that would Kate asks have you definately put her walking barking dog in you sack:scared: (on no forgot that one) and as you are driving milk and mince pie are on the menu (sorry no brandy, hic hic) wouldnt want you crashing into the chimneys

Have a lovely christmas Santa

The Dores
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:07 pm
FatherChristmas

OOh Thank you Father Christmas, Would you like me to leave you out a large glass of Baileys, or would you prefer Cascade Premium?
I think the stray parcel may be large and chair-shaped, so keep an eye out for it!

I shall be following your progress on you tracking site, so that I can make sure I'm in bed asleep when you get here!

Love
Pollyana
Pollyana,

Thank you for your kind offer but I never guide the sleigh under the influence, the reindeers take offence. Plus its double demerit points in Australia so better be on the safe side, you never know where another speed camera might turn up.

Lets hope no-one is sitting in your chair or it may be obscured.

Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm...
I am a very suspicious person... I find it strange that WBB has been off line since about 8.05 and FatherChristmas had his first post at 10.43.
And FatherChristmas has been a member since 21 december, so I'm sure he knows something about a certain paint competition!

And FatherChristmas mentions in his last post speed camera's while that is a very hot topic with WBB!

Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Its a luminous pink furry swivel chair!!!Would take a lot of obscuring! In fact, its so bright that it beats me how ANY incompetent firm of shippers could forget to pack it!

I'll leave you out some grapefruit juice instead - no alcohol in that, but maybe you'd like a bottle of Cascade to take home?

My nephew says when you get to his house in Bristol he has put out some mince pies - he said he knows you like them cos last year you ate the whole packet.......!!!! he also said can you leave some tablets for his daddy in case he has tummy ache like first thing last Christmas morning!
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

Simone, you were one step ahead of me - big hint for me as Father Christmas did mention my Bloke by name - which rules out most people..........

Very clever idea, and I'm now off to bed so I can be asleep before he gets here.

Night Night Father Christmas, have a lovely trip round the globe...
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:48 pm
FatherChristmas

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
Dearest Santa

As my three children will not be in Oz for christmas please could you send them a koala and kangaroo in their sockings as my little girl insists Santa does not deliver to Oz. (just to let her know you'll be passing over that way!!)

For us please, please can we have that note saying its medical time (so we know as not too drink to much brandy over the next couple of days!!!)

Saying that would Kate asks have you definately put her walking barking dog in you sack:scared: (on no forgot that one) and as you are driving milk and mince pie are on the menu (sorry no brandy, hic hic) wouldnt want you crashing into the chimneys

Have a lovely christmas Santa

The Dores
I'm afraid it is difficult to catch either a Koala or a Kangaroo and I don't think I could squeeze either of them into a stocking. But I do deliver to Australia and they can watch my flight on the Norda website.

The good news is, you may partake in a drop or two over the festive season. Mother Christmas reads tea leaves and hasn't seen a medical on the horizon this year.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Father Christmas

Last edited by FatherChristmas; Dec 24th 2003 at 1:29 pm.

Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Simone, you were one step ahead of me - big hint for me as Father Christmas did mention my Bloke by name - which rules out most people..........

Very clever idea, and I'm now off to bed so I can be asleep before he gets here.

Yep, I even thought of him mentioning that name, which I didn't know either, and that's where my thoughts started!

Good night (oh, it's late isn't it!!)

I'm now finished at work(3 pm). I just closed all the doors in the building so it's safer if a fire breaks out.....
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:57 pm
FatherChristmas

Its a luminous pink furry swivel chair!!!Would take a lot of obscuring! In fact, its so bright that it beats me how ANY incompetent firm of shippers could forget to pack it!

I'll leave you out some grapefruit juice instead - no alcohol in that, but maybe you'd like a bottle of Cascade to take home?

My nephew says when you get to his house in Bristol he has put out some mince pies - he said he knows you like them cos last year you ate the whole packet.......!!!! he also said can you leave some tablets for his daddy in case he has tummy ache like first thing last Christmas morning!
Pollyana,

I expect even a pink furry swivel chair looks uninspiring once packed for shipping. I expect some tired shipper has taken to sitting on it. I hope it hasn't gotten wet because it may not be so furry after all.

Just a glass of milk will do nicely. I am usually very hungry by the time I get to Bristol, however I did share that particular box of mince pies with Blitzen and Dancer, the reindeers do get hungry too and don't always like to eat carrots, whilst I am munching on mince pies.

Does your nephew have another box of mince pies waiting for me this year?

Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:59 pm
FatherChristmas

Night Night Pollyana, I look forward to talking to you next year. Sweet dreams and I will be as quiet as possible when I land on your roof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.