Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting to Oz, but something different on the way?

Getting to Oz, but something different on the way?

Old May 25th 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting to Oz, but something different on the way?

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Olu,

I am going to live in Australia, i am leaving the UK around the end of September this year, i ain't coming back here, (UK), well i have a loved one here, so maybe one trip, but for me, its gonna work, come hell or cold water it will work for me. If it does not, my disappointment in my ability to make it work will send me down the same route as my name sake.

What i want to ask all you experienced people, i am in no rush to get there, aslong as i arrive by the end of October, i am happy. Can you please suggest some interesting things to do on the way, routes, stopovers etc etc.

Cost is an issue, but you only live once, and so far, it has NOT been without a fair bit of lets say "Not the norm"!

Cheers forever, lots of luv Keith.
Hey Keith

First of all i really envy u that u can do it P

Take a cheap Airasia flight to Kuala Lumper than backpack around Malaysia, Thailand,Combodia etc..loads of awesome places! Backpacking is really cheap plus whithin Asia u can take airasia flights or trains or buses!
Have Fun!
Old May 25th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Thanks for all the replies, do not know what to do? Heads in a whuzzz!

What do you all think, i reckon i am going to fly all the way, but do not know whether to stop over, and for how long, and where to etc????

Manchester to Brisbane with Emirates, straight through, ouch!

Stanstead to Kula Lumpa, then onto Gold Coast, stay over in Kula Lumpa for one or two nights?

Fly to say, somewhere, a holiday place, Thailand, Bali, Marituass, you know somewhere to get Miss Moon in the mood? Stay for a week, then fly onto to Oz?

Or do a round the world ticket, three destinations, all for say three days or so, then onto Oz?

Anyone got some good tales! Cheers.
Okay...fly to Kuala Lumper than fly to Perhentian Islands...beautiful island, awesome food ...i can bet your missus will be in the mood 24hrs ;o)
Old May 25th 2009, 2:36 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by punoo
Okay...fly to Kuala Lumper than fly to Perhentian Islands...beautiful island, awesome food ...i can bet your missus will be in the mood 24hrs ;o)

Class post, thankyou, will investigate, karma sent!!!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...num=6&ct=image

Now this looks the b0ll@x!!!! You are a star!!!!

Last edited by Keith Moon; May 25th 2009 at 2:40 am.
Old May 25th 2009, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Class post, thankyou, will investigate, karma sent!!!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...num=6&ct=image

Now this looks the b0ll@x!!!! You are a star!!!!

Thanks for the Karma..really need it!
Take Airasia flight from KL to Kota Bharu and from there drive till the sea Besut and from there you can take speed boats.
Check out Coral view island resort..really nice..beautiful beaches n bay!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

If u r in facebook than u can checkout more pics in my gallery.
Am sure u will have fun! )
Old May 25th 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Any recommendations on resorts?

http://www.perhentianguide.com/accomodation.htm

London(STN) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)
Wed 30 Sep 2009
Depart 1810 Arrive 1410

Premium "XL" Seats

One Way Total 429.00 GBP
Old May 25th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Any recommendations on resorts?

http://www.perhentianguide.com/accomodation.htm

London(STN) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)
Wed 30 Sep 2009
Depart 1810 Arrive 1410

Premium "XL" Seats

One Way Total 429.00 GBP
Coral view island resort