getting to oz

Old May 16th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about
Default getting to oz

hi, just buzy researching, flights, routes, and stop overs, etc and was woundering if anyone would like to share their experiences of ways to get to oz,
who would you recommend flying with, what places you enjoyed stoping at and why, any tips for stops with kids,
be good to hear other peoples experiences
many thanks RAch
Old May 16th 2008, 5:54 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: getting to oz

Hi Rach, we are doing a direct flight to Oz with British Airways, i think it stops for re-fueling but you dont get off the plane. We taking our 11 year old with us (who generally sleeps as soon as the plane takes off) and just decided it would be less tiring going direct than making numerous stops, plus it worked out cheaper.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

ckgreenall will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
Hi Rach, we are doing a direct flight to Oz with British Airways, i think it stops for re-fueling but you dont get off the plane. We taking our 11 year old with us (who generally sleeps as soon as the plane takes off) and just decided it would be less tiring going direct than making numerous stops, plus it worked out cheaper.
if your flying with BA you will have a 1hr-2hr stop in either HK or BK and you will need to get off the plane. This is quite nice however as it gives you a chance to freshen up and clean you teeth etc....
Old May 16th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

I flew with Singapore Airlines and had a two night stopover in Singapore - on my lonesome!! I stayed at the Shangri La on Sentosa Island, a great hotel for kids, big pool, beach area, Underwater World is right next to the hotel, they have "Swim with Dolphin" and Dolphin Shows, lots to do, a great, clean vibrant place to visit. Really enjoyed it, so much, I want to go back!!!

Singapore Airlines were great, I would fly with them time and time again!
Old May 17th 2008, 4:40 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ckgreenall
if your flying with BA you will have a 1hr-2hr stop in either HK or BK and you will need to get off the plane. This is quite nice however as it gives you a chance to freshen up and clean you teeth etc....
Oh i didn't think we did because the flight is only 22 hours. But thanks for the the info.
Old May 17th 2008, 5:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of posts on this. But for my $$$ fly Emirates and stop in Dubai.
Ba are one if the worst airlines, Qantas are ok though so check codeshare flight numbers if that is your route of choice.
Old May 17th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Flown Singapore Airlines, BA, Qantas & Emirates out to Oz

So far the best has been emirates via Dubai & I am going that route in Feb 2009 when I will (hopefully) be heading out for good ... no stopover this time, wanting to get straight there & get started!

The worst - BA BY FAR !!!
Old May 17th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

We've flown with Singapore and JAL and both were very good. I would choose Singapore as my first choice though - we will (hopefully) be flying with them later this year when we head out there for good. Just can't make our minds up if we want to do a stopover or just get there and get on with it???