Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting a mortgage using foreign income?

Getting a mortgage using foreign income?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Getting a mortgage using foreign income?

Just querying anyone in the know....

* We have foreign income from the rent of our properties that we have not managed to sell
* We started our own company in Aus i.e. self employed

RAMS has said it is not possible for us to get a mortgage using the foreign income and needs TWO years of tax returns on our business before they will consider us. Alternatively 6 months of a payslip from an employer.

Does anyone know if this is it for us, or should we continue searching until someone will finance us? We can put down approx. 20% deposit.

Any advice would be welcome

Nix
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:14 am
FHI
Forum Regular

FHI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting a mortgage using foreign income?

Nix

There are lenders who could lend to you, taking account of your foreign income, however they are likely to require a 40% deposit. If you pm me i will explain more.

Frank
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Hi

we recently got a mortgage using a foreign income, we used Aussie Brockers who were excellent in doing all the paperwork for us.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:47 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I have a predominantly UK income but initially got a "low doc" mortgage through www.aussie.com.au . At that time, I just had to demonstrate I could afford the payments and documentation requirements were indeed "low". PM me if you'd like my brokers details, he's in Sydney.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Just querying anyone in the know....

* We have foreign income from the rent of our properties that we have not managed to sell
* We started our own company in Aus i.e. self employed

RAMS has said it is not possible for us to get a mortgage using the foreign income and needs TWO years of tax returns on our business before they will consider us. Alternatively 6 months of a payslip from an employer.

Does anyone know if this is it for us, or should we continue searching until someone will finance us? We can put down approx. 20% deposit.

Any advice would be welcome

Nix
Just my opinion, but waiting 2 years until you have tax returns may be the best move you could make. Oz property market is a bubble waiting to burst. You could buy a lot more for your money, or pay a lot less for the same in 2 years. Not everyone will agree but I wouldn't buy property here at the moment. Course I'm a tight Scottish git . Hope you done right thing and declared your rental income on Oz tax return, same as me