getting credit

Old May 15th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: getting credit

Originally Posted by Wendy
What provider do you use?

I have vodafone. and get two months to use the credit or lose it. Or if I top up before it expires, then it's carried forward
I'm using Vodafone as well but mine doesn't seem to work like that. Maybe its because I'm not asking for the right thing I was on a contract in the UK because pay as you go was far to confusing for me
Old May 15th 2007, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
I'm using Vodafone as well but mine doesn't seem to work like that. Maybe its because I'm not asking for the right thing I was on a contract in the UK because pay as you go was far to confusing for me

Mmm, wierd

I prefer contract, but I'm too lazy to sort one out

How about this plan? http://store.vodafone.com.au/plan_detail.cfm?vb=9&po=1
Old May 15th 2007, 1:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
I am on vodafone too and if you are on one of the maxi cap packages then it is a month but as wendy says if you are on one of the normal bundles then it is 2 months. Pop into your vodafone store and they will be able to help you out.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am on vodafone too and if you are on one of the maxi cap packages then it is a month but as wendy says if you are on one of the normal bundles then it is 2 months. Pop into your vodafone store and they will be able to help you out.

Ah, that'll be it then. I don't use the maxi cap ones because I sometimes ring the UK on it and it only gives you 10 minutes of international calls.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I think 'maxi cap' rings a bell so I'm probably on one of those. I'll check out Wendy's link
Old May 15th 2007, 1:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Ah, that'll be it then. I don't use the maxi cap ones because I sometimes ring the UK on it and it only gives you 10 minutes of international calls.
I converted as I was using my phone much more and was topping up every month anyway. I converted to the $29 maxi cap and I get $130 worth of calls/texts so I don't have to worry now as I always have credit on my phone.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: getting credit

Ours was a $10k limit to start, I think we have $20k now.
Was that ANZ who gave you a $10k limit at first? We've got a Virgin credit card and it's a useless $2000! Hubby rang them to get it upped a bit and they said no unless he got a pay rise even though he earns $200,000 a year!!
We're not planning a spending spree but we wanted to book some flights and they came to $4000 so couldn't do it!!
We bank with ANZ so might be better to give them a call!
Old May 15th 2007, 2:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by bushy
Was that ANZ who gave you a $10k limit at first? We've got a Virgin credit card and it's a useless $2000! Hubby rang them to get it upped a bit and they said no unless he got a pay rise even though he earns $200,000 a year!!
We're not planning a spending spree but we wanted to book some flights and they came to $4000 so couldn't do it!!
We bank with ANZ so might be better to give them a call!
Yes it was ANZ and my husband is in the oil industry and earns a similar salary to you. I would be hassling the bank your salary gets paid into and be telling them that if they won't give you a card with a decent limit then you will be taking your business elsewhere.
Old May 15th 2007, 7:43 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya i am on a contract phone with 3 hubby had to guarantee it as he is the only one working but was no problem that was in the march after we arrived in the jan. We also have a car on finance with St George would only lend over the term of our visa and we have a $4000 dollar balloon at the end of the term and hubby has a ANZ credit card but we do bank with ANZ. He was given a $10k limit which was increased to 15 not long ago and we are only on 457 visas. Hope this helps

Poshrice
Old May 15th 2007, 8:12 am
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough

3 Hubbys? lol, thanks for the info thzt is great!
Matt