Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Get a new Life on TV

Get a new Life on TV

Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:00 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Get a new Life on TV

For info, Get a new Life will be on Channel 4 on Thursday at 8pm, it's an update, you never know we might see some Expats, fame at last!
Is it just me , am I the only one who is now addicted to anything to do with Oz, I even find myself drooling over the Foster ads..... and I don't even drink!!
ViVi
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get a new Life on TV

Originally Posted by vivi
For info, Get a new Life will be on Channel 4 on Thursday at 8pm, it's an update, you never know we might see some Expats, fame at last!
Is it just me , am I the only one who is now addicted to anything to do with Oz, I even find myself drooling over the Foster ads..... and I don't even drink!!
ViVi
your definitely not alone, we even find ourselves watching the realestate show in the hope of seeing a glimpse of oz! most of them are sydney or melbourne and no where near queensland, but hey, its still oz!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:08 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimtrish
your definitely not alone, we even find ourselves watching the realestate show in the hope of seeing a glimpse of oz! most of them are sydney or melbourne and no where near queensland, but hey, its still oz!
Have you seen Billy Connolly's dvd re touring oz, a whole episode on qld, sat and drooled again. One good point came out of it....funnel web spiders sit in the loos, therefore lift the seat before you pee........hey who needs to lift the seat, I have got a husband, he obviously has been preparing for this moment for years, he must be telepathic
ViVi
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen Billy Connolly's dvd re touring oz, a whole episode on qld, sat and drooled again. One good point came out of it....funnel web spiders sit in the loos, therefore lift the seat before you pee........hey who needs to lift the seat, I have got a husband, he obviously has been preparing for this moment for years, he must be telepathic
ViVi
so thats what jims been preparing for all his life, must remember to get him to go and pee first...
missed the one on oz, but saw some of his NZ one, bad isnt it, i was happy just to see somewhere close!
where are you headed to?
we are off to townsville, far north qld, no more winter, how will we cope!
Trish
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:31 pm
vivi

Originally Posted by jimtrish
so thats what jims been preparing for all his life, must remember to get him to go and pee first...
missed the one on oz, but saw some of his NZ one, bad isnt it, i was happy just to see somewhere close!
where are you headed to?
we are off to townsville, far north qld, no more winter, how will we cope!
Trish
Got a bit worried there when you said that is what Jim has been preparing for...... my hubby is Jim also, I did wonder why he has been getting home late!!!! By the way we got the dvd from Amazon on line!
ps when you see Jim again, can you tell him his dinner is ready!!!
ViVi
Old Jan 5th 2005, 5:59 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

yep we watch anything and everything to do with oz so at least we are not the only sad ones
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:24 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Watch everything we can find - except strangely enough the soaps....

But then if you were emigrating to UK and you watched Eastenders or Coronation St for a 'real view of the UK' you'd be a) mental to still come and b) seriously upset when you arrived

Billy conolly does 30 minutes in and around brisbane on his DVD , its just been re-released its £20 from amazon - I just got it before christmass. Might put it on ebay now Ive watched it !

There was a good programme on Sky Travel - this is the channel that operates from 00:00 to 01:00 (!!?!?!?!!) they had "Tasting Australia" - it was 30 minutes programme on the Brisbane Farmers Market , pretty cool it looked too.

If this is Get a New Life then it'll be the guys who went to Brisbane - with 2 little kids, fitness instructor(she) and electrician(he). He was famous for his mullet ( not taking the mick - it was his own words - based on a ramsay st character!) I forget the names hence the 'he/she' sorry if you read this, no offence!!.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

ViVi
Why on earth don't you drink???
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:13 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
Watch everything we can find - except strangely enough the soaps....

But then if you were emigrating to UK and you watched Eastenders or Coronation St for a 'real view of the UK' you'd be a) mental to still come and b) seriously upset when you arrived

Billy conolly does 30 minutes in and around brisbane on his DVD , its just been re-released its £20 from amazon - I just got it before christmass. Might put it on ebay now Ive watched it !

There was a good programme on Sky Travel - this is the channel that operates from 00:00 to 01:00 (!!?!?!?!!) they had "Tasting Australia" - it was 30 minutes programme on the Brisbane Farmers Market , pretty cool it looked too.

If this is Get a New Life then it'll be the guys who went to Brisbane - with 2 little kids, fitness instructor(she) and electrician(he). He was famous for his mullet ( not taking the mick - it was his own words - based on a ramsay st character!) I forget the names hence the 'he/she' sorry if you read this, no offence!!.
....... was this also the programme with the couple building their own house in Perth - or rather, the husband was building it and the wife was permanently on the moan - didn't like the heat, didn't like the locals, didn't like ... etc?

Jim (another one!)
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:40 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
....... was this also the programme with the couple building their own house in Perth - or rather, the husband was building it and the wife was permanently on the moan - didn't like the heat, didn't like the locals, didn't like ... etc?

Jim (another one!)
that will be the much maligned Mandy Skeggs, yes it was that programme... Poor mandy has come in for much criticism on here, and has some supporters... I , have no comment (!)
Old Jan 6th 2005, 6:08 am
vivi

Originally Posted by Darren S
Why on earth don't you drink???
To young!!!!!
ViVi
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:50 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
that will be the much maligned Mandy Skeggs, yes it was that programme... Poor mandy has come in for much criticism on here, and has some supporters... I , have no comment (!)

Spalen

I have PM'd you on this.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ViVi
billy connolly was advertised on uktv last night and his tour of oz was supposed to be on tonight, but can i find it??
will send jim onto you for his tea! btw, the get a new life tonight is a repeat, but still good.
Trish
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

found it, channel uktv people 566 at 10pm! excellent
Old Jan 6th 2005, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

thought i would bump this one back up to remind everyone, I wouldn't want to miss it!Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.