George Best

Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:11 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Best

Originally Posted by soapy
so is he deed yet

FFS. Trust You, hawd on i'll check Sky Sports............still here.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:13 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if I am repeating this. But the people I feel really sorry for are the family of the liver donor. I would imagine that with all the publicity that surrounded George getting his new liver, they must know that it is their lost one's liver that was given to him. How tragic for them that they made a traumatic decision help someone else through the death of their own beloved and that was now just a wasted opportunity. It must be like a grief all over again for them, knowing that that liver could have made a HUGE difference to someone else who would have totally treasured that chance for the gift of life.

Don't get me wrong, I thought George Best was an absolute hero when I was younger. I remember watching his football skills programme on the TV before the 6 o'clock news and I have always admired his football skills and can totally understand the fascinitation the public has with him, but my thought are with the family of the liver donor.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:13 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
mate, i say no more. As a season ticket holder at Ibrox for 17 years i truly believe i seen the best football player that the world has ever seen. That player was Paul John Gascoigne.

True genius is always cursed.
Not sure about the best, but he was a genius. I was at wembley right in line with the box when he picked up the ball and scored that goal, brilliant.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if I am repeating this. But the people I feel really sorry for are the family of the liver donor. I would imagine that with all the publicity that surrounded George getting his new liver, they must know that it is their lost one's liver that was given to him. How tragic for them that they made a traumatic decision help someone else through the death of their own beloved and that was now just a wasted opportunity. It must be like a grief all over again for them, knowing that that liver could have made a HUGE difference to someone else who would have totally treasured that chance for the gift of life.

Don't get me wrong, I thought George Best was an absolute hero when I was younger. I remember watching his football skills programme on the TV before the 6 o'clock news and I have always admired his football skills and can totally understand the fascinitation the public has with him, but my thought are with the family of the liver donor.

good point.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:15 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Not sure about the best, but he was a genius. I was at wembley right in line with the box when he picked up the ball and scored that goal, brilliant.
Being that it was against Scotland, i dont remember that goal.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:16 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

so is he deed yet

noooo....he is hanging on.....like i said in post 176, about 4 up from yours, ya daft bat
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:19 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I never mentioned who it was against
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

worst day in my life. i was at a mates wedding and i was the best man (best they could get). it was the hottest day in glasgow for about 90 years or somethin and i was awe dickied up for the wedding the sweat was pissin aff me. nipped into the bar to have a wee swatch at the game and he scored
of all the people in the world it had to be gazza. double wammy of sadness for me
but the ball did move
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:24 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by fraser
I never mentioned who it was against
you never had too. His first game against them, chips the keeper for the second goal, i told my mates when he signed he would be the real deal, they said he was finished, i cried like a newborn. The day he signed for the Gers i was there. You can take the boy from Newcastle, you cant take Newcastle from the boy.

On that, if Rangers scouts had been half decent Best would have been Ger. A Belfast Prod. Loyal & True.

Last edited by Lerop Pekill; Nov 24th 2005 at 10:28 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
noooo....he is hanging on.....like i said in post 176, about 4 up from yours, ya daft bat
i know, i was having a wee dig at fraser, he had him deed over a month ago now well 2 days , but it feels like a month
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:26 pm

i know, i was having a wee dig at fraser, he had him deed over a month ago now well 2 days , but it feels like a month
It was just a rumour
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:27 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

awright dafty, how long till you get tae the Goldy & buy me beer?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:33 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

On sky Sports Denis Law has just visited Best & claims he is no longer with us, on being asked who the best footballer the world has ever seen was?

Law replied "It Was Me"

NOW THATS GOLD.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:36 pm
Master of verbal pish©

awright dafty, how long till you get tae the Goldy & buy me beer?
our guest wil leave about the first of feb, as soon as we can after that. get yir wallet ready, im gonna rape it
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:40 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

our guest wil leave about the first of feb, as soon as we can after that. get yir wallet ready, im gonna rape it

Phone the polis i've just been robbed!! wee man i canny wait, ye were asking the other night about the fitba.

Player of the year & goal of the season for moi, if you've got it, you've got it & i've got it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.