Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Wikiposts

General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:00 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Re: Drinking WATER anywhere ...

No thanks, I'd rather drink wine!

PS to all you new immigrants: VB aka grenades. *hic*

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:10 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Originally Posted by andrew63
Is this still VB we are talking about?
Sounds more like Coopers Sparkling Ale which incidentally a lot better than VB, Anyone who claims VB to be a top drop needs a psychiatric evaluation :scared:
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:13 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It's bottled cow piss that the breweries in Victoria sell with a beer label on it
A definition worthy of note and entry to the Concise Oxford English Dictionary (australian edition) at the very least. Well Done
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Are you a student or learning VB?
If I can help you.
VB can't be learnt: only consumed with much gusto bravado and ignorance by teenage males in a male bonding ritual held on friday and saturday nights. Eventually they graduate utnil at say somewhere around the age of 35-40 they realise Becks and Stella Artois etc are actual fine beers.

Either this or they are forever damned as ignorant uneducated heathens in a society that will only spurn and look downcast upon them and their offspring.

Hope that helps shed light
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:26 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Originally Posted by kiwichild
... forever damned as (an) ignorant(,) uneducated heathen

In very rare moments, kiwichild, you manage to sound 'normal'. However, most of the time you really do talk a load of shite and your above quote describes you perfectly, especially when you attempt to answer questions about Brisbane.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds more like Coopers Sparkling Ale which incidentally a lot better than VB
I dont think it was any kind of beer that he was referring to .
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ProofReader

In very rare moments, kiwichild, you manage to sound 'normal'. However, most of the time you really do talk a load of shite and your above quote describes you perfectly, especially when you attempt to answer questions about Brisbane.

LOL: Well guess who's getting a smacked bum and no karma then

BTW: Don't start the brissy thing up again; I sent a website of a map of OZ so people could make their own bloody minds up
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:59 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

VB can't be learnt: only consumed with much gusto bravado and ignorance by teenage males in a male bonding ritual held on friday and saturday nights. Eventually they graduate utnil at say somewhere around the age of 35-40 they realise Becks and Stella Artois etc are actual fine beers.

Either this or they are forever damned as ignorant uneducated heathens in a society that will only spurn and look downcast upon them and their offspring.

Hope that helps shed light
You were making a good point up until you mentioned "Stella Artois".

In a teeny weeny country that produces over 700 beers, there is a good reason why it's exported.

Cheers
Alistair
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:10 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Talking Re: General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Short and sweet.
Thanks for the feedback Ms Dagboy and ABCDiamond.
Appreciate it.

I wonder Do Oz people drink water or just
Sorry thats the impression lot of Asians has for Australians.... lol
Look what I said earlier....
I quote "I wonder Do Oz people drink water or just "
The conversation started with water and now ending with that VB...
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:47 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Look what I said earlier....
I quote "I wonder Do Oz people drink water or just "
The conversation started with water and now ending with that VB...
But remember that most of the people on here are not Australians - one of the first jobs of an expat is to investigate all of the local brands of beer and compare it to the piss/golden nectar* that they used to drink at home.

* delete as necessary

Cheers
Alistair
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Folks:
Did anyone notice this thread...???
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...5773e964b2b2bd

If someone can shead light on this about Good and Bad about drinking waters it will be good. How higenic and potable is the water?
Not had any problems myself and I don't filter the water but most people I know do so. Back in 1998 the drought broke and all sorts of animal crap was washed into the Warragamba dam which is the main water supply for Sydney. Crypto Sporidium was detected and everyone was told to drink bottled water. No one was affected so there are doubts about the quality of the test.

Sydneys water quality will start to be diminished and the environment of the Shoalhaven river will be damaged if the plans to pipe off the water from there is put through. There is talk of de-salination but the cost of energy may make that uneconomical in the long run. Re-cycling water and re-processing as is done in most of Europe and the UK will probably have to happen.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:05 am
wombat42

The United Nations as part of its program of providing clean drinking water to isolated third world nations has just built its first fresh water pump Australia, the only place in OZ where you can get clean drinking water, however you have to walk miles to get it and que up with thousands of peasants just to get a few buckets.
OF COURSE it is safe to drink OZ tap water, OZ is'nt the third world, its probably alot cleaner then Pom tap water.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
The United Nations as part of its program of providing clean drinking water to isolated third world nations has just built its first fresh water pump Australia, the only place in OZ where you can get clean drinking water, however you have to walk miles to get it and que up with thousands of peasants just to get a few buckets.
OF COURSE it is safe to drink OZ tap water, OZ is'nt the third world, its probably alot cleaner then Pom tap water.
Unless the state governments invest more in water the supply will end up like the electricity and that is third world.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:06 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Smile Re: General Issues: Drinking Water in Australia

Originally Posted by bondipom
Not had any problems myself and I don't filter the water but most people I know do so. Back in 1998 the drought broke and all sorts of animal crap was washed into the Warragamba dam which is the main water supply for Sydney. Crypto Sporidium was detected and everyone was told to drink bottled water. No one was affected so there are doubts about the quality of the test.

Sydneys water quality will start to be diminished and the environment of the Shoalhaven river will be damaged if the plans to pipe off the water from there is put through. There is talk of de-salination but the cost of energy may make that uneconomical in the long run. Re-cycling water and re-processing as is done in most of Europe and the UK will probably have to happen.
Thanks that ans my question

Please one can close this thread...