Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

General Election Time

General Election Time

Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Election Time

Just announced that there will be a general election 9 October.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:26 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: General Election Time

Originally Posted by bondipom
Just announced that there will be a general election 9 October.
and then we get the other $600 per child if we vote Liberal back in

$600 if we vote Howard
zilch if we vote Latham (according to press reports)

oh what a choice.....

Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:34 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

VOTE THATCHER !!

BB-can't accuse me of being Ben Elton
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
and then we get the other $600 per child if we vote Liberal back in

$600 if we vote Howard
zilch if we vote Latham (according to press reports)

oh what a choice.....
At least we can be assured that both parties spending promises (if held) will mean a rise in interest rates and/or taxes.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Great 6 weeks of election sleeze pouring forth from the telly.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Great 6 weeks of election sleeze pouring forth from the telly.
At least we now know when the pain will end. Both parties have been at each other as though in election mode for a couple of months now. The olympics have been keeping the TV off so I will carry on the same.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Sorry to sound selfish at this stage of the game - but we are due out in January - how do you think the result will effect the exchange rate - which way do you think it will go?

thought it was worth asking as there are a few that are due out after the election.

cheers

pockygoes
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

You've got to hand it to John Howard, he obviously believes that being the head of government of a country means he dont need to obey all those silly, pesky laws he has passed

Howard in Election Spamming Row
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:18 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pockygoes
Sorry to sound selfish at this stage of the game - but we are due out in January - how do you think the result will effect the exchange rate - which way do you think it will go?

thought it was worth asking as there are a few that are due out after the election.

cheers

pockygoes
If Labour is voted in your pound will be worth didly squat :scared:
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:00 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
If Labour is voted in your pound will be worth didly squat :scared:

I guess that should be the other way around. Labour is untested, the perception would be a weakening of the economy (relative to the coalition) and a softening of the dollar wrt the pound. Or more simply, your DOLLAR will be worth diddly squat.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:38 am
DPD
Forum Regular

DPD is an unknown quantity at this point

Under a Labor government I believe the general trend is for the dollar to go down and interest rates to go up. Given a few months of a Labor government by January, I can imagine your dollars would have devalued and you'd be taking less back home with you.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DPD
Under a Labor government I believe the general trend is for the dollar to go down and interest rates to go up. Given a few months of a Labor government by January, I can imagine your dollars would have devalued and you'd be taking less back home with you.
I am so concerned about a Labor government I imagine it will be the thing
that tips the scales in favor of us returning to the UK. I do not have words to explain how amazed I am at my own races naive outlook that almost half the population look like voting for them :scared: I wont be staying to watch the ship sink.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:02 am
Just Joined

sydneybrit has a spectacular aura aboutsydneybrit has a spectacular aura aboutsydneybrit has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I am so concerned about a Labor government I imagine it will be the thing
that tips the scales in favor of us returning to the UK. I do not have words to explain how amazed I am at my own races naive outlook that almost half the population look like voting for them :scared: I wont be staying to watch the ship sink.
that makes my mind up. im voting labour now.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:03 am
DPD
Forum Regular

DPD is an unknown quantity at this point

I echo those sentiments jad! I'll have finished my two degrees by the end of this year and will 80% head to the UK if we end up under a Labour government.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sydneybrit
that makes my mind up. im voting labour now.
Turn the lights off for us, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.