Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

G'day!settling/settled In The Sunshine Coast Area?

G'day!settling/settled In The Sunshine Coast Area?

Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default G'day!settling/settled In The Sunshine Coast Area?

HI THERE,

My partner Kerrie and myself, Jamie have just been granted permanent residency visas for Australia and intend, all being well, to migrate to the Sunshine coast area in August 2007 (after my bro's wedding). It is also our intention to go over again for another short holiday during my shut-down week at the end of May 2007, for another "look" to re-fresh our memories, as we think this would be sensible.

We feel it is very important that we now speak/contact as many people as possible who are in the same situation/recently migrated and settled in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas.

Anyway, i'm Jamie, I am 33years old, and we applied on me as I’m a metal machinist/engineer and my partner, Kerrie, who is 28 years old is a qualified hair dresser, but currently working in retail. It only took approx 9months to be granted our independent permanent visa.

We live in Rugby in the West Midlands, about 10miles from Coventry and we would like to settle in the Maroochydore /Mooloolabah/ Caloundra/ Buderim area, but not yet decided!

So if all this sounds relevant, please get in [email protected]

Regards, Jamie & Kerrie
Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:45 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day!settling/settled In The Sunshine Coast Area?

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
HI THERE,

My partner Kerrie and myself, Jamie have just been granted permanent residency visas for Australia and intend, all being well, to migrate to the Sunshine coast area in August 2007 (after my bro's wedding). It is also our intention to go over again for another short holiday during my shut-down week at the end of May 2007, for another "look" to re-fresh our memories, as we think this would be sensible.

We feel it is very important that we now speak/contact as many people as possible who are in the same situation/recently migrated and settled in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas.

Anyway, i'm Jamie, I am 33years old, and we applied on me as I’m a metal machinist/engineer and my partner, Kerrie, who is 28 years old is a qualified hair dresser, but currently working in retail. It only took approx 9months to be granted our independent permanent visa.

We live in Rugby in the West Midlands, about 10miles from Coventry and we would like to settle in the Maroochydore /Mooloolabah/ Caloundra/ Buderim area, but not yet decided!

So if all this sounds relevant, please get in [email protected]

Regards, Jamie & Kerrie
hi guys

we're from cov and warks now settled in caloundra - have pm'd you!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

ARGY is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: G'day!settling/settled In The Sunshine Coast Area?

Hi Jamie and Kerry

Congratulations on getting your visa, we are still waiting!! But hope to be out there April/ may time, as you we are also looking at the buderim/mountain creek area, we were out in Feb and thought it was a lovely place to live and a brilliant location for Brissie and the gorgeous beaches!!

Just to introduce ourselves we are Holly and John, Johns 28 and a motor Mechanic and im 26 and a beautician we have a little boy called Louis whos 15 months.We live in Reading at the mo and also know Coventry and Rugby quite well as i have relatives there and John went to Tilehill College.

Have you been to the Sunshine Coast before? We weren't there long but from what we saw it looked amazing, Although there is a place called North Lakes on the outskirts of Redcliff North Brisbane that we also like for conveniance, we will check the areas out in more depth when we get there.

Anyway must be off, missing im a celebrity i need my OZ intake for the night

Good luck with all your plans hope to see you out there soon

Take care

Holly and John