G'day from MEL!

Old May 1st 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by poggle
Hi All!

Well, the Moderators have decided its the last page, and 'fair do's' its gone on long enough. So i decided to be one of the ones to have the 'last word'!

Its such a shame that the few positive posts always seem to get 'hi-jacked' by the likes of PB and and Co. which spoils it for all the 'normal' posters wanting to share info and experiences!

Going back to the sentiment of my original post, i stand by all that i said. A few weeks have gone by since it was first written, and my work has picked up a bit, still enjoying it! weve made a few more friends and the weather is really nice here in Melbourne for this time of year, so we're told!

Last week we met a couple i had a few emails with just before they left the uk. they came to Melbourne with no friends or family here, and had no plans for work or accomodation. with a bit of help from us and just 'getting on with it' themselves, they have now settled quite well so far, and were pleased to see our home and all we have acheived in just 3 months! it gave them a bit of hope, as they had a few concerns due to all the negativity on here!

Please dont be put off by the 'Trolls'. Life is what you make it, and from our experiences so far, anyone coming to Melbourne [and im sure anywhere else in Australia!] will do well and be happy, whatever sort of life you are looking for! Its such a wonderful place!

I used to get pissed off with PB and have had many verbal battles with him, but now we are here, and life couldnt be better! so i really couldn't give a s**t anymore about his pathetic, cut & paste newspaper reports, and the crap he posts on here.

Many of you have asked me Q's like 'whats Melbourne like' Well its really difficult to summarise it, and would take too long to write it all down, as its got so much going for it!, but if any of you have got specific Q's about life here, i will do my best to help you, if i can.

Thats all for now, good luck to all of you 'dreamers' still waiting! just make sure you believe that dreams can come true!, as they have for us!!

best wishes

Hi Kaff

Pleased to hear that you are still enjoying it.

Who where the chaps from the UK ?

All the best

Terry

xx
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Terry,

The couple we met were from the north of England, they only discovered bxp's just a few weeks before leaving the uk. they didnt post anything, just read through loads of posts on here and were a bit alarmed by some of what they saw!

Im glad there seems to be a few meetings being arranged for posters on here to get together in different parts of the country! My friend 'Marlo' went to a gathering, and really enjoyed meeting you, and other like-minded people. No one did this last year when i was still in London, which was a shame, as im sure it will help a lot of people to make new friends that will be coming to Oz about the same time and to the same place as them.

Best wishes and Good Luck to you! keep up the good work! When do you hope to be out here by?

Cheers!
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:52 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All!

I used to get pissed off with PB and have had many verbal battles with him, but now we are here, and life couldnt be better! so i really couldn't give a s**t anymore about his pathetic, cut & paste newspaper reports, and the crap he posts on here.

Many of you have asked me Q's like 'whats Melbourne like' Well its really difficult to summarise it, and would take too long to write it all down, as its got so much going for it!, but if any of you have got specific Q's about life here, i will do my best to help you, if i can.

Thats all for now, good luck to all of you 'dreamers' still waiting! just make sure you believe that dreams can come true!, as they have for us!!

best wishes

You poor soul being in such a great place I would have thought my posts were water off a ducks back given the amount of rain in Melbourne.
Strange that all I know who have been either born or lived in Melbourne do not have the same views as your good self , but who cares.
You are not in the lest bit objective , I take it you do not list the good things in Melbourne because of fear of being found out?
Becareful a few lads here are laughtng at your posts now look before you leap.

Old May 2nd 2003, 8:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
You poor soul being in such a great place I would have thought my posts were water off a ducks back given the amount of rain in Melbourne.
Strange that all I know who have been either born or lived in Melbourne do not have the same views as your good self , but who cares.
You are not in the lest bit objective , I take it you do not list the good things in Melbourne because of fear of being found out?
Becareful a few lads here are laughtng at your posts now look before you leap.

i have three cousins born and lived in Melbourne all their lives, they love it. They briefly tried to live overhere and hated it.
I have other family in Perth and they love it there too.
few lads laughing? tell it to someone who cares!

Last edited by hevs; May 2nd 2003 at 8:56 am.
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:33 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

The mate we are going to stay with while we find our feet has lived in Melbourne all her life (apart from a brief stint overseas) and adores it. She keeps telling me how brilliant it is to live there and how we are going to love it.

Hardly surprising that PB's friends don't have the same opinion, if they are anything like PB........

Look before you leap? What are you on about? And more to the point is there anyone who actually cares? Why don't you stick to writing your own posts on doom and gloom and leave other people's alone?

Best of luck Kaff.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kaff

Yep - really enjoyed meeting L & M - what lovely people !!

House up for sale now - should be over when that sells - maybe Aug / Sept ?

Spk soon

Terry

xx

Hi Terry,

The couple we met were from the north of England, they only discovered bxp's just a few weeks before leaving the uk. they didnt post anything, just read through loads of posts on here and were a bit alarmed by some of what they saw!

Im glad there seems to be a few meetings being arranged for posters on here to get together in different parts of the country! My friend 'Marlo' went to a gathering, and really enjoyed meeting you, and other like-minded people. No one did this last year when i was still in London, which was a shame, as im sure it will help a lot of people to make new friends that will be coming to Oz about the same time and to the same place as them.

Best wishes and Good Luck to you! keep up the good work! When do you hope to be out here by?

Cheers!
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi again Guys!

emma, h garrett, terry & co, and all!

I just find it so amazing that so many people on here have relatives/friends in all parts of Melbourne, some having been here all theirs lives, all singing its praises!!. and yet one Pathetic sad arse 'living' in PERTH, for 9 years, is 'on a mission' to discredit them all!!

Well, ive got friends here laughing at PB's posts too and feeling sorry for someone so bitter and sad, as they know Perth to be a lovely place too! Totally different to Melbourne, as is Sydney, Brisbane and everywhere else, but we all come here for different reasons and want different things from life, so we settle in a place that suits our lifestyle the most.

If PB spent as much time and effort in going out and making friends, and enjoying life, he might not want to be on here so much slagging off anyone with a positive attitude to life. and ruining good posts! get a life PB!!!

after the moderators finish this post 'i'll mostly just stick with PM's and Emails, but as ive said before, anyone wanting info or just chat about life out here, i'll be happy to help if i can.

Good luck to all, it really is worth the wait!!

Cheers All! and thanks for all the nice replies to this post!

bye for now
Old May 5th 2003, 4:15 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Guys!

emma, h garrett, terry & co, and all!

I just find it so amazing that so many people on here have relatives/friends in all parts of Melbourne, some having been here all theirs lives, all singing its praises!!. and yet one Pathetic sad arse 'living' in PERTH, for 9 years, is 'on a mission' to discredit them all!!

Well, ive got friends here laughing at PB's posts too and feeling sorry for someone so bitter and sad, as they know Perth to be a lovely place too! Totally different to Melbourne, as is Sydney, Brisbane and everywhere else, but we all come here for different reasons and want different things from life, so we settle in a place that suits our lifestyle the most.

If PB spent as much time and effort in going out and making friends, and enjoying life, he might not want to be on here so much slagging off anyone with a positive attitude to life. and ruining good posts! get a life PB!!!

after the moderators finish this post 'i'll mostly just stick with PM's and Emails, but as ive said before, anyone wanting info or just chat about life out here, i'll be happy to help if i can.

Good luck to all, it really is worth the wait!!

Cheers All! and thanks for all the nice replies to this post!

bye for now
Dream on hows the weather in sunny Melbourne , just spent all weekend meeting up with old friends as luck would have it one is now in Melbourne .
He has had a bellyful of it after only 7 months he says the weather is shite and has been buying up jumpers , also hates the place with a passion but thats only his opinion he was bought up in Perth so can only compare to here .
Look I have seen Melbourne but not lived there for any time but then again you are still a blow-in as yet , and I repeat those who I know that where born there do not see it through your rosey glasses.
As for friends I have far too many to see them all at any one time , maybe if you had a positive attitude to life you would not have been a refugee?

Old May 5th 2003, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

PB

You're just a pig ignorant, Total Tosser!!
Im not a refugee, i didnt flee England looking for refuge in Australia! I left because it has gone down the pan, largely due to an influx of 'Refugees' from eastern Europe and other parts of the world, amongst other reasons!
If you have actually have any friends, [as i find this a little hard to believe!!!] in Melbourne, they would have noticed the really nice weather weve been having for this time of year, as ive been told by many Melburnian people, about 15-20 a day in fact! but as a 'blow in' i wouldnt know about any of this myself! but im sure they must all be lying just to humour me!

Anyone who 'hates Melbourne with a passion', is in obvious need of help! they can only be as incredibly sad as you are, as Melbourne has been voted as the second most livable city in the world! but of course im sure the millions of people that voted are all wrong and it is the 'hell on earth' that only you portray!

I dont have 'rosey' glasses, never have had or will ever have! but I have a very positive attitude to life, unlike your miserable self!, that is probably why after just 3 months i have made loads of friends, enjoy my job, and have a fantastic social life, as has my partner too!

I do think this group should get a balanced view of life in oz and if i had anything seriously negative to say, then believe me i would! but so far i havent.

I still cant understand why youre still here in Oz, as you are so miserable and hate it, and everyone? and you must also have such a boring job, or else you wouldnt find the time to do your tedious cut and pastes. [its been noted you never post during public holidays and weekends!]

So why dont you just BOG OFF! and do us all a favour! and leave this group to share info, good, bad, and indifferent, and chat of their experiences, without hi-jacking posts to spout a load of Bo***cks that is usually totally irrelevent, and just ruins a good thread!

Old May 5th 2003, 2:03 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Im not a refugee, i didnt flee England looking for refuge in Australia! I left because it has gone down the pan, largely due to an influx of 'Refugees' from eastern Europe and other parts of the world
Now this I can understand, makes perfect sense, Rainingagain should read that,

Hope you and your family have a great future and betterr standard of life, Good Luck.
Old May 5th 2003, 11:52 pm
Banned

PB

You're just a pig ignorant, Total Tosser!!
Im not a refugee, i didnt flee England looking for refuge in Australia! I left because it has gone down the pan, largely due to an influx of 'Refugees' from eastern Europe and other parts of the world, amongst other reasons!

The thoughts of a refugee whos not been here long enough to unpack their cases is of little importance but rant on it amuses me .
With so many refugees coming from the Mother land its no wonder the Aussies dislike the Poms , your groveling attitude will soon wear thin .
Having been on this planet and Australia far longer than Blow-ins like yourself , the one thing I have learnt good friends become that after more than a few weeks , but your new Mates I am sure are the best and in the same mould as yourself Plonkers!

Old May 7th 2003, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The thoughts of a refugee whos not been here long enough to unpack their cases is of little importance but rant on it amuses me .
With so many refugees coming from the Mother land its no wonder the Aussies dislike the Poms , your groveling attitude will soon wear thin .
Having been on this planet and Australia far longer than Blow-ins like yourself , the one thing I have learnt good friends become that after more than a few weeks , but your new Mates I am sure are the best and in the same mould as yourself Plonkers!

PB

As stated before, we're not refugees!

I and everyone i speak to, including 'Poms' that have lived here 30+ years, have had no evidence whatsoever, of 'aussies disliking Poms!! maybe its just you they hate! I wonder why that could be???

" your grovelling attitude will soon wear thin "??? ummmmm? no idea where you get this from??? i never grovelled in my entire life!! which leads me on to my last point!

"having been on this planet and Australia, far longer than blow-ins like yourself", Well sadly for Australia, yes you have been here longer than me, but what gives you the idea that you are older than me??

As usual, you always fail to read and 'take in' anything said in positive posts and just look for ways to personally snipe at people you know nothing about!!

I think its about time you grew up, however old you are! and get yourself a life! before its too late!

Old May 7th 2003, 7:26 am
Banned

PB

As stated before, we're not refugees!

I and everyone i speak to, including 'Poms' that have lived here 30+ years, have had no evidence whatsoever, of 'aussies disliking Poms!! maybe its just you they hate! I wonder why that could be???

" your grovelling attitude will soon wear thin "??? ummmmm? no idea where you get this from??? i never grovelled in my entire life!! which leads me on to my last point!

"having been on this planet and Australia, far longer than blow-ins like yourself", Well sadly for Australia, yes you have been here longer than me, but what gives you the idea that you are older than me??

As usual, you always fail to read and 'take in' anything said in positive posts and just look for ways to personally snipe at people you know nothing about!!

I think its about time you grew up, however old you are! and get yourself a life! before its too late!

Aussies do not dislike Poms new to me have you landed on the moon? watch any sport here when the Aussies meet England get real .
Off to to join other refugees down the OB we outcasts must stick together , I will ask an Aussie or two if if they want more Brit refugees but I already know the answer , as my best Aussie mate said sad you go back to Pom land but can take the rest of the bloody Poms with you.
Stay off the VB its doing you no good.

Old May 7th 2003, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have never and will never post a reply to pb, but it amazes me why so many people do!! if nobody responded to him and co surley he would get bored and go away? he obviously has a personality or psychotic disorder that craves attention, i would imagine him a very unconfident, unattractive, lonley man (or woman) who has no ability to make conversation face to face with an actual human being. we should all pity him. the only problem is, if people don't respond to him, how else will he get his kicks? now thats worrying!!!

Old May 7th 2003, 11:42 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ellen1
i have never and will never post a reply to pb, but it amazes me why so many people do!! if nobody responded to him and co surley he would get bored and go away? he obviously has a personality or psychotic disorder that craves attention, i would imagine him a very unconfident, unattractive, lonley man (or woman) who has no ability to make conversation face to face with an actual human being. we should all pity him. the only problem is, if people don't respond to him, how else will he get his kicks? now thats worrying!!!

No madam just bored at work and find this site an insight to losers like yourself.
Your post was a reply to my post in a fashion but who cares ,you are not one of them Trolls are you ? they are everywhere I am told.
PS the reason I post on here is that I love to make conversation and be social but thanks to cost cutting at this companny theres bugger all people left to talk too.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 8th 2003 at 3:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.