G'day from MEL!

Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:14 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Hi Kaff,

!

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm a bit new but what exactly is wrong with people like PB? It's really sad that he's unhappy but judging from his manic-depressive outlook I'm not sure he'd be happy anywhere! I've no doubt that Oz isn't all things to all people and maybe some people who emmigrate feel they made the wrong decision. At least most of them are grown up enough to admit it and look for something else or get on with making the most of it. I fail to see why he posts on this site at all. It is obviously full of people who want to make the best for themselves and their family and are courageous enough to try that on the other end of the planet!

All the best,

Emma.

Dream on I never been depressed in my life I leave that to the we must escape the UK mob ,who seem to think the arse end of nowhere holds all the answers to their sad lifes .
Come and see the promised land and get an education , failed in the UK well no easy rides here either.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Diddums-pie! Getting out of the fog of DHW as feeding time approaches? Try your own whine!

Then take your hellish dreams with you!
Well have your poor attemps to intellectualise a a backward land dried up?
Must be nice to have a good education in a land full of half wits , ho joy to see through the material waste land of Australia without the aid of beer stained glasses.
My dreams are not of this part of the planet or never will be that would be a nightmare , the planets far to big to waste all my life in such a void.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:41 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well have your poor attemps to intellectualise a a backward land dried up?
Must be nice to have a good education in a land full of half wits , ho joy to see through the material waste land of Australia without the aid of beer stained glasses.
My dreams are not of this part of the planet or never will be that would be a nightmare , the planets far to big to waste all my life in such a void.
So my mission has been accomplished! The wastrel returns.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:51 am
Banned

So my mission has been accomplished! The wastrel returns.

Wastrel yes that could fit my present life , are not all Aussies prone to this complaint .
Take a country rich in all things and waste what you have for that of little use?
Wrap a wide open land in a sea of suburbia that chokes away its life .
Turn away Doctors and men of learning for Hairdressers and Brickies to level all ?

Old Apr 30th 2003, 2:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Wastrel yes that could fit my present life , are not all Aussies prone to this complaint .
Take a country rich in all things and waste what you have for that of little use?
Wrap a wide open land in a sea of suburbia that chokes away its life .
Turn away Doctors and men of learning for Hairdressers and Brickies to level all ?

Not so sure about all Aussies, but I think a lot would complain about your being a wastrel.

Well, there's only about 1,000,000,000 years left before the Sun starts it's red giant stage making life untenable on earth so there's little time to waste. Still, plenty of new planets being discovered these days so might just be time for you to move on to the next.

Use what little time is left to you to maximize your wastrelness.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:09 am
Banned

Not so sure about all Aussies, but I think a lot would complain about your being a wastrel.

Well, there's only about 1,000,000,000 years left before the Sun starts it's red giant stage making life untenable on earth so there's little time to waste. Still, plenty of new planets being discovered these days so might just be time for you to move on to the next.

Use what little time is left to you to maximize your wastrelness.
Give a dog a bad name , woof , woof.
If you information regarding the outer universe I am sure there are loads that need to know , but my transport can no way lift off this planet .
Given the liimts we know about others why worry.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:27 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Dream on I never been depressed in my life I leave that to the we must escape the UK mob ,who seem to think the arse end of nowhere holds all the answers to their sad lifes .
Come and see the promised land and get an education , failed in the UK well no easy rides here either.

The words pot kettle and black spring to mind. Weren't you originally one of that mob? Seems you are the one doomed to failure, I'm doing allright thanks.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default private forum

The words pot kettle and black spring to mind. Weren't you originally one of that mob? Seems you are the one doomed to failure, I'm doing allright thanks.
Perhaps it would be good if pb and megl. went off somewhere to play, it gets boring having to read through the same crap to actually get to something interesting!
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:50 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Here, Here Heather!

This was a really good post at the beginning. More lovely stuff about Melbourne please, I know I enjoy reading it and nobody's forcing PB to.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 11:42 pm
Banned

We where bored at the time but not anti UK ,not too happy with Mad Maggi but doing more than okay.
We have never failed anywhere and to have returned within the first few years would have been that .
The bull statements I read on this site from some , shows than they could not cope with life in the UK never mind here .
I think after being here so long I can have some opinion of Australian life , which is you have to toughen up to get on , its harder here to keep your head above water.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 11:45 pm
Banned

Here, Here Heather!

This was a really good post at the beginning. More lovely stuff about Melbourne please, I know I enjoy reading it and nobody's forcing PB to.
So you need mammy to tell you that Melbourne is utopia , I work with a few guys born there and they think its the pits so good luck to you.

Old May 1st 2003, 7:56 am
Homeward Bound

So you need mammy to tell you that Melbourne is utopia , I work with a few guys born there and they think its the pits so good luck to you.

Thanks PB! Good luck to you too.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:12 am
Banned

Thanks PB! Good luck to you too.
This forum needs debate if you want to hear only one side thats fine but look at a tourist travel site .
Those who loving everything here and have no balance in their posts are being very short on the real picture.

Old May 1st 2003, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

Well, the Moderators have decided its the last page, and 'fair do's' its gone on long enough. So i decided to be one of the ones to have the 'last word'!

Its such a shame that the few positive posts always seem to get 'hi-jacked' by the likes of PB and and Co. which spoils it for all the 'normal' posters wanting to share info and experiences!

Going back to the sentiment of my original post, i stand by all that i said. A few weeks have gone by since it was first written, and my work has picked up a bit, still enjoying it! weve made a few more friends and the weather is really nice here in Melbourne for this time of year, so we're told!

Last week we met a couple i had a few emails with just before they left the uk. they came to Melbourne with no friends or family here, and had no plans for work or accomodation. with a bit of help from us and just 'getting on with it' themselves, they have now settled quite well so far, and were pleased to see our home and all we have acheived in just 3 months! it gave them a bit of hope, as they had a few concerns due to all the negativity on here!

Please dont be put off by the 'Trolls'. Life is what you make it, and from our experiences so far, anyone coming to Melbourne [and im sure anywhere else in Australia!] will do well and be happy, whatever sort of life you are looking for! Its such a wonderful place!

I used to get pissed off with PB and have had many verbal battles with him, but now we are here, and life couldnt be better! so i really couldn't give a s**t anymore about his pathetic, cut & paste newspaper reports, and the crap he posts on here.

Many of you have asked me Q's like 'whats Melbourne like' Well its really difficult to summarise it, and would take too long to write it all down, as its got so much going for it!, but if any of you have got specific Q's about life here, i will do my best to help you, if i can.

Thats all for now, good luck to all of you 'dreamers' still waiting! just make sure you believe that dreams can come true!, as they have for us!!

best wishes
Old May 1st 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by poggle
Hi All!

Well, the Moderators have decided its the last page, and 'fair do's' its gone on long enough. So i decided to be one of the ones to have the 'last word'!

Going back to the sentiment of my original post, i stand by all that i said. A few weeks have gone by since it was first written, and my work has picked up a bit, still enjoying it! weve made a few more friends and the weather is really nice here in Melbourne for this time of year, so we're told!

Last week we met a couple i had a few emails with just before they left the uk. they came to Melbourne with no friends or family here, and had no plans for work or accomodation. with a bit of help from us and just 'getting on with it' themselves, they have now settled quite well so far, and were pleased to see our home and all we have acheived in just 3 months! it gave them a bit of hope, as they had a few concerns due to all the negativity on here!

Please dont be put off by the 'Trolls'. Life is what you make it, and from our experiences so far, anyone coming to Melbourne [and im sure anywhere else in Australia!] will do well and be happy, whatever sort of life you are looking for! Its such a wonderful place!

Thats all for now, good luck to all of you 'dreamers' still waiting! just make sure you believe that dreams can come true!, as they have for us!!

best wishes
Glad you like it & settled in well.

Hope to be there in October.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.