G'day from MEL!

Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:31 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Yes of course always had good jobs here or in the UK , only difference for me is Australia is a second rate country full of near do wells and people of limited outlook.
Having seen 400 people get sacked before me in this company and never been fired (laid off ) in the UK or here , how would you rate success owning your home money in the bank or freedom of movement in employment I have all .
Spiv...
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:45 am
Not here

Yes of course always had good jobs here or in the UK , only difference for me is Australia is a second rate country full of near do wells and people of limited outlook.
Having seen 400 people get sacked before me in this company and never been fired (laid off ) in the UK or here , how would you rate success owning your home money in the bank or freedom of movement in employment I have all .
Corporate Cockroaches...scurry to the darkest corner to save their own thin skins...
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:54 am
Not here

...look Pal...use you're freedom of movement...to feel free to bugger off...today...now...go...and your bloody stupid groupies...pack 'em all in a case with your bibs and bobs and dibbles and see ya later...but not too soon
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G'day from MEL!

Thanks Terry!
Will have a look right now.
Cheers
Vanessa
Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G'day from MEL!

Originally posted by poggle
Hi Vanou!

The best map of Melbourne is 'Melways' go to www.ausways.com.au and click on 'Melways' theres also sydways [Sydney, obviously] and others, you can order this online.
this is the best map of melbourne there is! with lots of useful info in it too!!

Cheers! Kaff x

Ps. I havent seen any spiders yet!!! :scared:
You're right, it looks pretty good. I can't believe they even tell you the names of the shops!!! Can't beat that!
Just thought I'd tell the other readers that the right link is www.ausway.com.au though.
Good news about the spiders by the way... I can't say I'm looking forward to my first encounter with this creepy kind.
Thanks again.
Vanessa
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Marlo
Blah, Blah, Blah!!! It doesn`t matter what other people say you think you`re right, you select what you want to reply to and don`t take any notice when people who have been in Oz longer than you and parts you haven`t been to, actually liking the place.
In the 9 years you`ve been in Perth you haven`t even ventured anywhere else in Australia, yet you`re such an expert.....NOT!

Go back to Northern Ireland if it`s so much better!

Right is there a right or wrong is life that clear cut , no I have not seen all Australia its far to expensive to travel here the distances are vast.
But I have seen some of the capital cities , all built along the same suburbian lines , with the odd place of interest.
What you wish to read is bull which confirms your dreams about Australia which is fine , I am far to jaded to go along with that.
As for Northern Ireland never been there either but it can be jungle here too far to many prats with guns , that includes the police.

POLICE have shot and seriously injured a man seen acting suspiciously at a Perth service station in the early hours of this morning.

Three officers from two cars turned up at the Mobil station in suburban Osborne Park shortly before 2am (WST) today after reports of a man loitering at the station in a Ford Fairlane sedan, police said.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 17th 2003 at 4:20 am.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:31 am
Just Joined

bobinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Pom,

Your comment....
"But I have seen some of the capital cities , all built along the same suburbian lines , with the odd place of interest"

This sure isn't true of Sydney. It's a fantastic city, visually one of the most beautiful in the world. Great weather, great beaches, national parks, Hunter Valley up the road, skiing down South. The restaurants are good, bars and nightlife not bad. There's even some culture with the Opera House, museums etc

For an outgoing, outdoor type person it is unbeatable!

I've lived/worked all over Western Europe and none of the cities get close to rivalling Sydney as an outdoor playground.

You must have chosen the wrong stopping off point....!

Cheers,
Bob
Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bobinoz
Pom,

Your comment....
"But I have seen some of the capital cities , all built along the same suburbian lines , with the odd place of interest"

This sure isn't true of Sydney. It's a fantastic city, visually one of the most beautiful in the world. Great weather, great beaches, national parks, Hunter Valley up the road, skiing down South. The restaurants are good, bars and nightlife not bad. There's even some culture with the Opera House, museums etc

For an outgoing, outdoor type person it is unbeatable!

I've lived/worked all over Western Europe and none of the cities get close to rivalling Sydney as an outdoor playground.

You must have chosen the wrong stopping off point....!

Cheers,
Bob

Ski sod me they do in Scotland do they not and most of Europe , plus there are even vinerys in the UK as for national parks none of them in them UK I think not .
Beaches seen enough of them to last a life time , weres the history and the country side ?
Never lived in Sydney but have been told the western suburbs are a waste land and that were most can afford to live.

Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:07 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

weres the history and the country side ?
Beneath your feet but I surpose we must allow for your not having been able to see past your midriff for the last few decades.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Beneath your feet but I surpose we must allow for your not having been able to see past your midriff for the last few decades.

What a ball and chain and bloody sand give me rest , a country built by convicts fit for convicts.
Lands on the whole is cheap here because its not a top place to live you keep it .

Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
...look Pal...use you're freedom of movement...to feel free to bugger off...today...now...go...and your bloody stupid groupies...pack 'em all in a case with your bibs and bobs and dibbles and see ya later...but not too soon
Will do loads of refugees from the Mother Country and else where wil fill my shoes how lucky this country is?
Do not all your best people leave because Australia is a dead end but who cares and I mean that.

Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:38 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

What a ball and chain and bloody sand give me rest , a country built by convicts fit for convicts.
Lands on the whole is cheap here because its not a top place to live you keep it .
That Poms are the total compass of the world highlights your naive Chauvinism.

The total mass of Poms is approx 4x10^6 tonnes, not even a fly speck compared to the mass of the Earth 6x10^21 tonnes.

Further, the history of the Poms is about 1x10^3 years, totally trivial in relation to the history of the Earth, 5x10^9 years.

All you can claim is that Poms fitted by Poms with balls and chains managed to decimate 4x10^9 years of genetic evolution in under 2x10^2 years.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 4:15 am
Banned

That Poms are the total compass of the world highlights your naive Chauvinism.

The total mass of Poms is approx 4x10^6 tonnes, not even a fly speck compared to the mass of the Earth 6x10^21 tonnes.

Further, the history of the Poms is about 1x10^3 years, totally trivial in relation to the history of the Earth, 5x10^9 years.

All you can claim is that Poms fitted by Poms with balls and chains managed to decimate 4x10^9 years of genetic evolution in under 2x10^2 years.

Great maths total bull but good read , having ruled not far of 33% of the Earths surface just shows a little goes a long way?
Remember the good old days when Australia had its Empire one toilet of a country PNA , they are still shooting at Aussies now seems you left a good impresstion on them?

Old Apr 28th 2003, 4:31 am
Banned

Great maths total bull but good read , having ruled not far of 33% of the Earths surface just shows a little goes a long way?
Remember the good old days when Australia had its Empire one toilet of a country PNA , they are still shooting at Aussies now seems you left a good impresstion on them?
Why, oh why do I bother with these total pig-ignorami? Lord, though thou art not, forgive them for they know not what they are!

Your Brutish Empire was nought but an insignificant blebby encrustation of bags of protein and fats diluted by water on a portion of the surface of an insignificant planet circling an insignificant star circling with 1x10^12 other stars in an insignificant galaxy amongst 1x10^16 other visible galaxies in an isloated part of the knowable universe.

Get a grip on the true significance of your Empire which, after all, was just another passing one amongst many.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 4:50 am
Banned

Why, oh why do I bother with these total pig-ignorami? Lord, though thou art not, forgive them for they know not what they are!

Your Brutish Empire was nought but an insignificant blebby encrustation of bags of protein and fats diluted by water on a portion of the surface of an insignificant planet circling an insignificant star circling with 1x10^12 other stars in an insignificant galaxy amongst 1x10^16 other visible galaxies in an isloated part of the knowable universe.

Get a grip on the true significance of your Empire which, after all, was just another passing one amongst many.
Yes in terms of the Galaxies yes the Empire was not a fleck , but in terms of the known world it was beyond anything any country had done before or ever will do.
Given Australia has done little apart from dig holes and bred sheep I think the Poms can walk tall among the outcasts and refugees that make up this country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.