G'day from MEL!

Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:31 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day from MEL!

Originally posted by poggle
PB How sad you are!

Oh how disappointed we are right now, with a bit of wind and rain!! Of course we only sold up everything! said goodbye to friends and family, some of whom we'll never see again!, and moved to the other side of the world, just to be in the sun and on holiday for a year!!!!.......NOT!!!!!!

!!
You are spot on about did not come for the weather its rank fog and frost , lovely just like the UK.

A cold front near eastern Victoria will move to the Tasman Sea tonight. A high pressure system just south of Western Australia will move southeastwards during the next day or two then become almost stationary near Tasmania at the end of the week. Showers will contract to southern and mountain areas tonight then become more isolated from the west on Wednesday. Conditions will become fine in the north. West to southwesterly winds will tend southwest to southerly then south to southeasterly as the high pressure system moves closer to Victoria. Morning frosts are possible inland and the day will be cool. Thursday will be generally fine. However local morning drizzle is likely near the western and central coasts and some showers are still likely over Gippsland, particularly in the east. The day will be cool to mild after early inland frosts. Winds will be generally south to southeasterly. Friday will be generally fine but some showers are still likely over Gippsland, particularly in the east and morning fogs are possible in the south. The day will be cool to mild after early inland frosts. Winds will tend southeast to easterly. Saturday will be fine apart from morning fogs in the south and local early drizzle near the Gippsland coast.

Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

well its been a while since ive been on this site, [been too busy enjoying life!!] but nothing changes! still the same sad ol' PB with nothing better to do than cut and paste weather forecasts etc!!

I also note that you are still selective about what you chose to read in positive posts. Ignoring the fact that i said i'd had the opinion of many ex pats who have been here between 2 and 30 years, and all agree the lifestyle is much better here than they had in the uk. if you think its so bad! [enough to bother to do your tiresome cut and pasting!] why are you still here after 9 years? and dont say its cos you cant afford to go back to uk. or why not just say your an asylum seeker, they let anyone there these days!
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

well its been a while since ive been on this site, [been too busy enjoying life!!] but nothing changes! still the same sad ol' PB with nothing better to do than cut and paste weather forecasts etc!!

I also note that you are still selective about what you chose to read in positive posts. Ignoring the fact that i said i'd had the opinion of many ex pats who have been here between 2 and 30 years, and all agree the lifestyle is much better here than they had in the uk. if you think its so bad! [enough to bother to do your tiresome cut and pasting!] why are you still here after 9 years? and dont say its cos you cant afford to go back to uk. or why not just say your an asylum seeker, they let anyone there these days!
It would be more than 4 hours away from the specially doped Draught Horse Widdle they use on him in the OB.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Megalania
It would be more than 4 hours away from the specially doped Draught Horse Widdle they use on him in the OB.
sorry! Not quite sure what you mean!! can you elaborate?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kaff,
haven't been online for a while so only just read your post. Glad to hear you arrived safely and that you're having a great time in Melbourne. We've got our tickets booked for 30th September and are travelling for a couple of months before we settle in Melbourne. So any info you have will be greatly appreciated. We also don't have any children so will just be the two of us trying to find our feet. We can't wait to get out there and it all seems far away at the mo, but it's nice to read positive posts.
Parrot
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by parrot
Hi Kaff,
haven't been online for a while so only just read your post. Glad to hear you arrived safely and that you're having a great time in Melbourne. We've got our tickets booked for 30th September and are travelling for a couple of months before we settle in Melbourne. So any info you have will be greatly appreciated. We also don't have any children so will just be the two of us trying to find our feet. We can't wait to get out there and it all seems far away at the mo, but it's nice to read positive posts.
Parrot

Hi Parrot!

Hope you enjoy your travels before you get to Melbourne! Once you're here, im sure you'll settle really well! please please please!!ignore the 'neg heads'!! i believe in 'life is what you make it!!! if you are easy going, like outdoor life and all the things Aus has to offer![im sure youve done your homework!!] you will get on really well here. Despite what certain people say about life here, it is still a young country with a lot of opportunity, if you dont mind a bit of hard work! Since being here 2 and a half months now, we are really happy and doing well!! weve met so many ex pats that are all doing really well too! We are not going out of our way to meet ex-pats, they just keep popping up in shops and pubs etc. [mostly pubs!!...... hic!!!]
when they hear our accents!! [London!] they are keen to tell us their story and hear ours! i also meet a lot of 'poms' through my work. I can honestly say, i havent met anyone yet that regrets leaving uk. and thats from people who have been here for just a couple of years rangeing to 30 odd years!!!

Good luck for the future! feel free to email or PM me , i'll be happy to help if i can if you need info on 'life in Mel'

Cheers!!

Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kaff!

I've been looking at properties on domain.com.au and it did gave us a first idea about prices and areas. Will have to keep looking though. Do you know where I could find a good Melbourne map on the net? The ones I found weren't precise at all.
I haven't started to look into the transfer of money stuff yet. Still too early for us I'm afraid. I'm not even sure Australian banks are represented in Montreal!! Well, will do my homework and see how it can be done. Might as well use my free time to do something useful (out of a job right now, and finding it difficult to look actively when the only thing we're thinking about is leaving!!!)...
Thanks again for your help, you've made my day!
Vanessa
PS : I'm actually looking forward to hear about this infamous Melbourne winter. Did I say we had -45°C here a couple of months ago? That never prevented us from going outside and enjoying ourselves. Pretty sure there is nothing to fear in Melbourne... except maybe the spiders.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vanou
Thanks Kaff!

I've been looking at properties on domain.com.au and it did gave us a first idea about prices and areas. Will have to keep looking though. Do you know where I could find a good Melbourne map on the net? The ones I found weren't precise at all.
I haven't started to look into the transfer of money stuff yet. Still too early for us I'm afraid. I'm not even sure Australian banks are represented in Montreal!! Well, will do my homework and see how it can be done. Might as well use my free time to do something useful (out of a job right now, and finding it difficult to look actively when the only thing we're thinking about is leaving!!!)...
Vanessa
PS : I'm actually looking forward to hear about this infamous Melbourne winter. Did I say we had -45°C here a couple of months ago? That never prevented us from going outside and enjoying ourselves. Pretty sure there is nothing to fear in Melbourne... except maybe the spiders.

Try these..

http://www.street-directory.com.au/m...aliasearch.htm

http://www.arta.com.au/vicmaps/melbourne/melbenv.html

http://www.centralequity.com.au/abou...ouristmap.html

http://www.wilmap.com.au/vicmaps/melbenv.html

http://www.street-directory.com.au/

http://www.land.vic.gov.au/map/

Regards

Terry
Old Apr 15th 2003, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Vanou
Thanks Kaff!

Vanessa

Hi Vanou!

The best map of Melbourne is 'Melways' go to www.ausways.com.au and click on 'Melways' theres also sydways [Sydney, obviously] and others, you can order this online.
this is the best map of melbourne there is! with lots of useful info in it too!!

Cheers! Kaff x

Ps. I havent seen any spiders yet!!! :scared:
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:05 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I welcome your informed thoughts as worthless as they are , a 4 month blow in who has not yet got their feet wet .
Reading your first post I thought the weather was a big thing with you as Melbourne can have 4 seasons in one day I am sure it will be.
Most of the people I know in Perth who have been born or lived in Melbourne regard it as a dump and the Poms who landed there said why leave the UK to live in a worse place and got out quick.
But thats is just other peoples opinions not mine , as far being here 9 years , first point we got 2 dollars to pound so have been holding hoping that the rubber dollar will bounce back some hope and two we we aimed to give it 3 years bad mistake.
Lifestyle is what you make it were ever you live , having a job and roof over your head is not a lifestyle , Australia is dull and stuck at the arse end of nowhere and looking at your post yes they do let anyone in.
Good Luck to you.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:12 am
Perthguy1

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Most of the people I know in Perth who have been born or lived in Melbourne regard it as a dump and the Poms who landed there said why leave the UK to live in a worse place and got out quick.
But thats is just other peoples opinions not mine ,

It surprises me that you have any Aussie friends, the way you talk about them all on here.....or is that your name isn't Pommie Bastard, but Two Faced Bastard....

Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:16 am
Banned

Originally posted by Perthguy1
It surprises me that you have any Aussie friends, the way you talk about them all on here.....or is that your name isn't Pommie Bastard, but Two Faced Bastard....
Look Pal I give as good as I get and most Aussies enjoy a bit of banter , next you will tell me Aussies love Poms get real?
The Aussie friends I have look down on most Pom as useless whingers and like some one who can bite back not a weak Bastard who licks arse.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:28 am
Perthguy1

The Aussie friends I have look down on most Pom as useless whingers

Well that's exactly what you are. According to you people who emigrate are failures so, you failed in the UK and failed here....maybe you should try somewhere where you may succeed.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:37 am
Banned

Originally posted by Perthguy1
Well that's exactly what you are. According to you people who emigrate are failures so, you failed in the UK and failed here....maybe you should try somewhere where you may succeed.

Yes of course always had good jobs here or in the UK , only difference for me is Australia is a second rate country full of near do wells and people of limited outlook.
Having seen 400 people get sacked before me in this company and never been fired (laid off ) in the UK or here , how would you rate success owning your home money in the bank or freedom of movement in employment I have all .

Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Yes of course always had good jobs here or in the UK , only difference for me is Australia is a second rate country full of near do wells and people of limited outlook.
Having seen 400 people get sacked before me in this company and never been fired (laid off ) in the UK or here , how would you rate success owning your home money in the bank or freedom of movement in employment I have all .

Blah, Blah, Blah!!! It doesn`t matter what other people say you think you`re right, you select what you want to reply to and don`t take any notice when people who have been in Oz longer than you and parts you haven`t been to, actually liking the place.
In the 9 years you`ve been in Perth you haven`t even ventured anywhere else in Australia, yet you`re such an expert.....NOT!

Go back to Northern Ireland if it`s so much better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.