Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gas safety certificate?

Gas safety certificate?

Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Gas safety certificate?

Hi guys,

We are currently renting a property in Sydney and the Gas stove looks older than my nan. In the morning there is a smell of gas coming from it and it takes over 50 minutes to cook some chips!!

Is there anything like a Gas Safety Certificate that the landlord should get done like in the uk?

Ta
Chelly
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:36 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas safety certificate?

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi guys,

We are currently renting a property in Sydney and the Gas stove looks older than my nan. In the morning there is a smell of gas coming from it and it takes over 50 minutes to cook some chips!!

Is there anything like a Gas Safety Certificate that the landlord should get done like in the uk?

Ta
Chelly
Sadly no such thing over here.

My suggestion (as a registered gas plumber) would be to call out a gas plumber to put a test on your gas outlet service and to inspect your cooker. Preferably a pommie gas plumber, who knows how to test correctly.