Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garrat and HUP update!!!

Garrat and HUP update!!!

Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm ..... A nice Queenslander... I know one of them, who is currently paniking about how much junk his nice fiance is going to import! if I send him out to look for scrote of cane toad he'll think I've finally cracked!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hmm ..... A nice Queenslander... I know one of them, who is currently paniking about how much junk his nice fiance is going to import! if I send him out to look for scrote of cane toad he'll think I've finally cracked!!!
Wow last day of work coming up. I felt so guilty at mine because everyone else was going to be made redundant later in the year. I was over the moon but just kept it quiet.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 6:18 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Whisky it sounds as if you and I should joinhands across the air waves we keep getting worrying snippets of bad news from down the line. The FTBuyer only had his mortgage survey done on Monday and the solicitor tells me it will be 10 days at least before he gets his mortgage offer. I know when I worked in the industry I got the surveys out the same day they were done don't the people in the offices have any feelings for us????

I think we are talking about being another week on so must hope the seats on the planes will still be available.

Roll on good news
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Lots of love Whisky, and best of luck! My pc has to go on Monday too, and after next week I shall be reduced to very spasmodic postings too. Not sure how I'll cope without my online support group - we are even sending the pc by air cos The Bloke is worried that I shall feel homesick without you lot to keep my spirits up!
Hi Pollyana, hubby and I were saying last night that we can manage with all the hassle of the house etc, but if that computer goes and we are stuck here without expats, thats it we will definately crack.

Whisky
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Whisky it sounds as if you and I should joinhands across the air waves we keep getting worrying snippets of bad news from down the line. The FTBuyer only had his mortgage survey done on Monday and the solicitor tells me it will be 10 days at least before he gets his mortgage offer. I know when I worked in the industry I got the surveys out the same day they were done don't the people in the offices have any feelings for us????

I think we are talking about being another week on so must hope the seats on the planes will still be available.

Roll on good news
If I were to start telling you all the things that have gone on with this sale, no one would read my posts anymore. You wouldn't believe it anyway. Its like, Corrie/Eastenders/Home and away/neighbours/Brookside etc etc all rolled into one. Even had one Solicitor down the chain get the sack.

Whisky
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:00 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

OUCH!:scared:
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:03 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
If I were to start telling you all the things that have gone on with this sale, no one would read my posts anymore. You wouldn't believe it anyway. Its like, Corrie/Eastenders/Home and away/neighbours/Brookside etc etc all rolled into one. Even had one Solicitor down the chain get the sack.

Whisky
Just phoned our estate agent and told them that there is a problem and we have to be in Oz by the end of the month. Hope that this doesn't backfire but what the hell I'm sick and tired now of having to chase people to get anything done, I thought that was their job
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OI YOU MO FO'S STOP HI JACKING MY THREAD!!
Good luck to all in the house selling game, lets all keep fingers crossed for each other, then someone should get some luck!!
OH and i'd just like to say "WE FINISHED WORK TODAY, YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:26 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hiya

How ya doin Hev....... feelin any better?

How was ure last day?

Can't believe ure off soon......... all my muckas have gone or goin........took em long enough tho didn't it H!!!!!!!!

When is Paul goin..........r u in front at the mo.....there can't be much in it?

When are u goin off line............. cus i wanna chat b4 u do.......

take care for now babz

love ya

lisa
xxxx
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiya

Originally posted by Boomerang
How ya doin Hev....... feelin any better?

How was ure last day?

Can't believe ure off soon......... all my muckas have gone or goin........took em long enough tho didn't it H!!!!!!!!

When is Paul goin..........r u in front at the mo.....there can't be much in it?

When are u goin off line............. cus i wanna chat b4 u do.......

take care for now babz

love ya

lisa
xxxx
Took blinkin long enough is right mate!
Think we are buying Paul the beers, but the race is still on, he's pretty cheesed off right now..........
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by yafm
OUCH!:scared:
House sale still didin't go through yesterday. Thats 3 weeks past the date now. Supposed to be flying out next weekend. Removals in on Monday and Tuesday.
We are totally p****d off. Its a good job the others in the chain live down in Herts and Middlesex, because they would be walking round with something attached to their heads right now.
Very stressed now. Been calm and quite ladylike until yesterday when I went off on one and didn't know that I knew so many swear words. Could have used me in fog on the river humber. Good job we live rural.
You lot had better not go and leave me here.

Whisky
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:38 am

House sale still didin't go through yesterday. Thats 3 weeks past the date now. Supposed to be flying out next weekend. Removals in on Monday and Tuesday.
We are totally p****d off. Its a good job the others in the chain live down in Herts and Middlesex, because they would be walking round with something attached to their heads right now.
Very stressed now. Been calm and quite ladylike until yesterday when I went off on one and didn't know that I knew so many swear words. Could have used me in fog on the river humber. Good job we live rural.
You lot had better not go and leave me here.

Whisky
You are normally so calm. I cannot blame you for going off. When calm people go off it always has more impact. Good luck.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
You are normally so calm. I cannot blame you for going off. When calm people go off it always has more impact. Good luck.

Totally lost it yesterday Bondipom. The men in the little white van could have quite easily taken both me and the other half off. The word stress does not cover how I feel at the moment.

Whisky
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:58 am

Totally lost it yesterday Bondipom. The men in the little white van could have quite easily taken both me and the other half off. The word stress does not cover how I feel at the moment.

Whisky
When I look at what everyone here is going through I think my emigration was a breeze. I was renting so we just gave notice on the lease. Spouse visas are so much easier as well.

The hardest part was saying goodbye to Mum. I could see the tear in the corner of her eye. I dropped by the school where she teaches on the way to the airport to give her some flowers.

The house buying and selling stuff seems outrageous to me. I am tentatively looking here but it is very scary. There is nothing else that will cost so much that we will ever buy.

To mix in the emotions of emigration must be hell.

The weirdest moment for me was take off. It was the point of no return.

Whisky did you feel any better for letting off the verbal ammunition?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
When I look at what everyone here is going through I think my emigration was a breeze. I was renting so we just gave notice on the lease. Spouse visas are so much easier as well.

The hardest part was saying goodbye to Mum. I could see the tear in the corner of her eye. I dropped by the school where she teaches on the way to the airport to give her some flowers.

The house buying and selling stuff seems outrageous to me. I am tentatively looking here but it is very scary. There is nothing else that will cost so much that we will ever buy.

To mix in the emotions of emigration must be hell.

The weirdest moment for me was take off. It was the point of no return.

Whisky did you feel any better for letting off the verbal ammunition?
I suppose I did a bit once we had both calmed down a bit.
I think that last night, we both sat there a bit numb and resigned that there isn't a thing we can do about it all. They have got us by the short and curlys, and the only thing we could do, would be to tell the whole lot of them to stuff it, but that would just make the whole situation worse for us.
I woke at 3 0 clock this morning, and rang my Brother, who is expecting us there next weekend. He calmed me a bit, though he was very disapointed by our news.
We are worried about letting the furniture go on Mon/Tue incase the whole thing falls through, but if we don't, we will lose a deposit of £1,800. I think we will have to let it go and hope to god that a miracle happens this week.

I have thought that all the way along this, the worst feeling will be getting on that plane and realising there isn't a return ticket, but after the last few months with my cousins death and all this hassle, I shall be glad to be getting on that plane and sighing with relief that we are finall on our way.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.