Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garden watering.... here comes summer !!!

Wikiposts

Garden watering.... here comes summer !!!

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden watering.... here comes summer !!!

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Get yourselves a watertank.

Even if you are on town water ! Just redirect from downpipe, and conserve this water for watering your gardens.

We have 5 tanks, and 2 dams, and have to use water soo sparingly.

I believe we are on constant drought orders where we live, its classed as a drought area, but then everyone in this area, is on tank water lol... so hosepipe bans dont come into the equation...

I did see a thing on tv, about a guy that invented, a below ground trickle fed sprinkler system, that weeped water thru, a gauze, similar to landscape fabric.

It was a stunning idea, and less water was lost due to evaporation.

Another thing to look at is, re direct waste water from your aircons to a water collector.

On a good humid day, with the aircon running for 10 hrs, you could accumulate, 50 litres + of water !!! do that 20 times a month, it soon adds up...

In fact for a country with such problems as water shortages and drought.. im at amiss why someone, hasnt invented a evaporative collector. Perhaps the energy input, and harmful greenhouse gases, prove more harmful than the benefit of the water extracted ???

Hmmm will ponder on this one, ya see I make this shit up as i go lol

Steve
Theres that errrm thing, where you lay a sheet of black plastic in a concave shape, with a collection point, over a given area, that works as an evaporation extraction method. The old bushies use it in emergencies apparently. Saw it on the leyland's
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:43 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
In fact for a country with such problems as water shortages and drought.. im at amiss why someone, hasnt invented a evaporative collector. Perhaps the energy input, and harmful greenhouse gases, prove more harmful than the benefit of the water extracted ???

Steve

Its another one of my inventions!! (I invented the self lighting cigarette by the way ).

What does Oz have to much of??? Sunshine and humidity.

What does Australia have too little of??? Water.

Solution... A solar powered de-humidifying plant to extract water from the air.

There problem solved, zero pollution, less humidity, and lots of water. Now someone go off and build it and we are sorted I'll only extract a 5% royalty per litre for my idea,

Cheers,
ADL
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:50 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The old bushies use it in emergencies apparently. Saw it on the leyland's
I was more into Albie Mangels (metaphorically spreaking)
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
I was more into Albie Mangels (metaphorically spreaking)

Got to admit Albie had much better scenarey than the Mrs Leylands
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:08 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Got to admit Albie had much better scenarey than the Mrs Leylands
the lucky bastard