G,day

Old Jan 6th 2007, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Anjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of light
Default G,day

Hi, I'm new to this. O/H is framac and we've been here for 4 mths. He enjoys it but I'm struggling a little. Moved to Qld and the upheaval has been a nightmare. Living from boxes in Scotland and now Qld. The rental we got is a dump and are in the process of moving (if bank says yes) to a house we bought which I'm hoping will make things easier. Xmas was a struggle and I was miserable seeing family on webcam wishing I was there. OH has been good but its me. Can only work certain hours because of kids schooling so find OH is working more hours and we hardly see each other. I find I've got too much time to think and even bought a puppy to go for walks. Does everybody get this feeling of wanting to go home and does it get easier.
Ps. Dont believe a word form framac as he's nothing but a complete win-up
Old Jan 6th 2007, 6:04 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: G,day

I would say that most people go through the "wanting to go back home" phase, especially around Christmas. Once things start to get back to some normality, ie having your own home, kids back to school and into a routine you'll probably be a lot happier. Four months is a very short period of time considering the upheaval of moving to another country and things do tend to get easier as time goes on. The other side of the coin is that if you are really not sure about staying perhaps you should hold off buying your own home for a while. Good luck.

Lorraine
Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:05 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anjibabe
Hi, I'm new to this. O/H is framac and we've been here for 4 mths. He enjoys it but I'm struggling a little. Moved to Qld and the upheaval has been a nightmare. Living from boxes in Scotland and now Qld. The rental we got is a dump and are in the process of moving (if bank says yes) to a house we bought which I'm hoping will make things easier. Xmas was a struggle and I was miserable seeing family on webcam wishing I was there. OH has been good but its me. Can only work certain hours because of kids schooling so find OH is working more hours and we hardly see each other. I find I've got too much time to think and even bought a puppy to go for walks. Does everybody get this feeling of wanting to go home and does it get easier.
Ps. Dont believe a word form framac as he's nothing but a complete win-up
well, we have been here nearly 5 months (gosh, is it that long already?). O/H settled really well, me, not so good. i am a lot better now, but still have my off days (just had 3 in a row ). i too am restricted with the working hours as we have 2 children, the youngest just about to start school at the end of this month. i think i deffo need a job, not just for financial reasons (which is a BIG reason ), but for me. there are too many thoughts rattling about in my head at the moment and not enough going on in MY life.

it does get better, or it has done for me. not everybody is the same. for some, the feelings stay, and they hanker after the UK, feeling miserable. i don like the feeling of not belonging/not owning our own home, i dont like renting. but, we are not rushing into buying anything yet. we dont know whether we are going to settle here, and we need to recoup some of monies that we have dipped into to survive since we got here (which we cant do until i am earning).

sorry, if i am rambling..............what i am trying to say, is, for me, it has got better. maybe putting down your roots will help you settle more. i think it is the acceptance part in your head which is slightly different for men than it is for women. once we get that sussed, we will be reet.

if you need to offload, there are always people on here to listen and try and lend you their ears. or you can always PM people if you want to keep it private. take care, chin up, and do something for yourself for a change, instead of for the kids or for the O/H (says me, who doesnt!)

xx
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Anjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of lightAnjibabe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
I would say that most people go through the "wanting to go back home" phase, especially around Christmas. Once things start to get back to some normality, ie having your own home, kids back to school and into a routine you'll probably be a lot happier. Four months is a very short period of time considering the upheaval of moving to another country and things do tend to get easier as time goes on. The other side of the coin is that if you are really not sure about staying perhaps you should hold off buying your own home for a while. Good luck.

Lorraine
Thanks Lorraine, I can't wait to get out of this pit so buying is vital for my sanity. I think this is the root of all the negative thoughts. (I hope so) We came to Qld and the transport system is rubbish. I dont drive, although now doing lessons, so feel slightly trapped. Kids now on summer hols so can't work till they go back. Framac says once we move into house, then pass driving test, there'll be no stopping me. He says he'll go nightshift and I can have the car all day for work or whatever. Thanks for the kind thoughts and advice.
Anji
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
well, we have been here nearly 5 months (gosh, is it that long already?). O/H settled really well, me, not so good. i am a lot better now, but still have my off days (just had 3 in a row ). i too am restricted with the working hours as we have 2 children, the youngest just about to start school at the end of this month. i think i deffo need a job, not just for financial reasons (which is a BIG reason ), but for me. there are too many thoughts rattling about in my head at the moment and not enough going on in MY life.

it does get better, or it has done for me. not everybody is the same. for some, the feelings stay, and they hanker after the UK, feeling miserable. i don like the feeling of not belonging/not owning our own home, i dont like renting. but, we are not rushing into buying anything yet. we dont know whether we are going to settle here, and we need to recoup some of monies that we have dipped into to survive since we got here (which we cant do until i am earning).

sorry, if i am rambling..............what i am trying to say, is, for me, it has got better. maybe putting down your roots will help you settle more. i think it is the acceptance part in your head which is slightly different for men than it is for women. once we get that sussed, we will be reet.

if you need to offload, there are always people on here to listen and try and lend you their ears. or you can always PM people if you want to keep it private. take care, chin up, and do something for yourself for a change, instead of for the kids or for the O/H (says me, who doesnt!)

xx
Thanks SB for sharing. I seem to be similar to you in mood swings. Some days are better than others. I can't envisage going home already although I feel like just jumping on a plane quite often. I couldn't uproot the kids again as I feel they've had enough upheaval. Buying a house is hopefully going to help with laying down roots like you suggest. Framac says he would go home but as we've spent a fortune setting up, then he would hopefully only go back when financially viable. Hopefully the feelings get better with time for both of us. Thanks again Anji
Old Jan 6th 2007, 10:20 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anjibabe
Thanks Lorraine, I can't wait to get out of this pit so buying is vital for my sanity. I think this is the root of all the negative thoughts. (I hope so) We came to Qld and the transport system is rubbish. I dont drive, although now doing lessons, so feel slightly trapped. Kids now on summer hols so can't work till they go back. Framac says once we move into house, then pass driving test, there'll be no stopping me. He says he'll go nightshift and I can have the car all day for work or whatever. Thanks for the kind thoughts and advice.
Anji
You're welcome Anji, just hang in there and I'm sure all the hard work and tears will pay off in the end!

Lorraine