Reload this Page >

FX £ - $ AUD This week

FX £ - $ AUD This week

Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Doughnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FX £ - $ AUD This week

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I find the Hi-Fx currency rate chart (in Java) brilliant as I like to watch the up-to-the-second rates flashing up - saddo I know!
We are a pair of saddo's togeather then.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I find the Hi-Fx currency rate chart (in Java) brilliant as I like to watch the up-to-the-second rates flashing up - saddo I know!
you're not alone, there's alot of us forex nerds out there.

Be odd when get to Oz and all money in $'s to not have this in my life!!!

Mind you I coud still keep watching to see if any profit to be made!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrCro
I'm all for some good old TA taking over this chart! Is that the interactive charts off yahoo.com (USA) you have used? How do you get the lines on as all I can see on there are the standard TA indicater tools (Bollinger Bands, MACD etc)??

What is you next rate that the next cross over touch is on that bottom trend line, be very interesting if it hits that line and bounces! About 2.15 looking at the chart you posted???

Cheers
These are just yahoo finance charts (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=G...=on&z=l&q=l&c=) and I've drawn on them in photoshop...

If my support line holds any water, the rate will bounce back up at $2.15-$2.16 but (and it's a big BUT!) if any significant fundamental drivers come into play, they'll upset the applecart... If not, it could head up to $2.30ish before correcting again... But in these crazy times, who knows!

you're not alone, there's alot of us forex nerds out there.

Be odd when get to Oz and all money in $'s to not have this in my life!!!

Mind you I coud still keep watching to see if any profit to be made!!
I wish I could say I'll let it go once I'm in Oz in late April but still earning a living in £££ means I'll be watching the forex market like a hawk for years to come! Hopefully the peaks are more plentiful than the troughs!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Another (more flimsy!) take is that it's a wedge forming - could break out either way?!?

Thoughts!?

Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by autorock
Another (more flimsy!) take is that it's a wedge forming - could break out either way?!?

Thoughts!?

http://www.rocketland.com/generic/Fo...t_11_02_09.jpg
Well, poor unemployment and inflation news today and the £ is hovering around same area so no drastic downward trends which is good.

It caused drops against the USD but as per one of my earlier posts the £/AUD seems to mirror image the AUD/USD chart and as the AUD has also lost against the USD this afternoon we have stayed fairly level against the AUD.

I want to play these ups and downs with some buying and selling but my last transfer at 2.33 so looking for more to send back so as to keep adding profit.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aussie unemployement reduced by c1200 new jobs!!!!!

That took everybody by suprise, instant drop in rate 2.205 to 2.185 and now levelling.

Interesting to see what happens overnight now, off to bed so see what the morning brings!

On a positive note, at least employment opportunities better when we get to Oz even if exchange rate might not be brilliant!!

Last edited by MrCro; Feb 12th 2009 at 12:06 am.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:49 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie unemployement reduced by c1200 new jobs!!!!!

That took everybody by suprise, instant drop in rate 2.205 to 2.185 and now levelling.

Interesting to see what happens overnight now, off to bed so see what the morning brings!

On a positive note, at least employment opportunities better when we get to Oz even if exchange rate might not be brilliant!!
Was the drop not more attributable to market reaction From Merv Kings BoE announcement that "it was ready to take unconventional easing measures to revive the ailing economy." ?
http://uk.reuters.com/article/ukPoun...090212?sp=true

Also, from this article...
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...breaking44.htm
“People in the market are getting out of the pound,” said Geoffrey Yu, a currency strategist in London at UBS AG, the world’s second-biggest foreign-exchange trader.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Think we are moving towards: take all the toxic debt, put it in a special bank, print lots of money, pay it off. Start again.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinset
Think we are moving towards: take all the toxic debt, put it in a special bank, print lots of money, pay it off. Start again.
Sounds so easy (and quick and neat) when you say it just like that!

I hope they print a few notes with my name on 'em!!

Hey, I notice you're visa came through last month - giddy-up! Well done! A date in mind then?! We're booked to fly on April 27th!!! Wooo Hooooo!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:10 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinset
= hyperinflation on the way!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Sounds so easy (and quick and neat) when you say it just like that!

I hope they print a few notes with my name on 'em!!

Hey, I notice you're visa came through last month - giddy-up! Well done! A date in mind then?! We're booked to fly on April 27th!!! Wooo Hooooo!
Still smiling....!! Planning on going just as soon as we can - got to finish work - 3 days before you fly - then a couple of months sorting out things in UK - then off - or if I get a job sorted as soon as bleedin possible. Looks like we have both come some way in the last few months...!!

Hyperinflation - now there's a whole new (Zimbabwean) thread.....!!

Twinset
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

For anyone who believes in Technical Analysis, there seems to be a channel forming!??!

My theory is that until there's another big fundamental driver, it'll be good old fashioned TA driving the chart (ie. human emotion). Especially since fundamentals such as interest rates, stimulus packages, failing banks with balance sheets 40 x GDP (yikes!) and the like seem to be having little or no effect any more.

Lets ee what happens when it hits that bottom trend line next...

The last such upward trend-line lasted about 3-4 months...

(May be wishful thinking on my part as I'm hoping against hope for a stronger ££!)

Thoughts?!?

http://www.rocketland.com/generic/chart.jpg
you might just be right on this channel, the lower trend line has been challenged since trading opened tonight but seems to be meeting resistance and hopefully support to take it higher!

Be interesting to see what has happened in the morning when I get up!

But if it goes below will that be another down channel?

Last edited by MrCro; Feb 15th 2009 at 11:45 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

you might just be right on this channel, the lower trend line has been challenged since trading opened tonight but seems to be meeting resistance and hopefully support to take it higher!

Be interesting to see what has happened in the morning when I get up!

But if it goes below will that be another down channel?
Yeah, I was just having a look at that.. I think if it breaks through the line it could be the end of my puny little theory!

The next 24-48hrs could be interesting.....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I was just having a look at that.. I think if it breaks through the line it could be the end of my puny little theory!

The next 24-48hrs could be interesting.....

Well now at 2.1795 which is right on the line I have added so here goes!!! Think I'll be a saddo and watch it for a while.

Japans GDP due today but not sure what time, forecst to be bad so that'll weaken A$ as they are 2nd largest export market after China! Fundementals I know but will help the TA!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:51 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Japans GDP due today but not sure what time, forecst to be bad so that'll weaken A$ as they are 2nd largest export market after China! Fundementals I know but will help the TA!
Japan GDP out now....worse than expected...annualised contraction of 12.7%!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.