Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

furnished rental in Mango Hill/ Brisbane

furnished rental in Mango Hill/ Brisbane

Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:30 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default furnished rental in Mango Hill/ Brisbane

Hi every one, i dont know if this is the right way to go around this question but here it goes.
My family could do with going back to the UK for a year or two because my wifes dad is not very good,he has his good and bad days, he has had a operation but i did not make much difference.
My question is we have a 208sqm home low set which is four bed two living double garage home on Mango Hill , brisbane (only three/ four months old)
We have had it on the market for sale for 3months now but as every one else can under stand that things are not moving very quickly, we have had open homes and the comments come back saying its like a show home.
My question is this where do people search for holiday rentals and would people be intrested in renting short term a fully furnished rental, with all the every day things like phone, internet etc that a family need.
I ask this question because we cant keep lowing the price and it has been surgested that we rent it to holiday makers or people that want to visit Australia to validate visas etc
Does any one do this with a house they own and what sort of cost do you charge each week
Its just my wife and i love the house and if we can get away from selling it then it could be here for us when we come back to oz.

Last edited by Trevski; Jul 14th 2011 at 6:53 am.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: furnished rental in Mango Hill/ Brisbane

I think renting may be a good idea. Please know I know nothing about where you live in terms of businesses, rents etc. but what about contacting companies who do long or short term corporate stays? Meaning staff who come into town for business for a while. Renting your house would be cheaper for the company and you would like get a higher rental income. Im not sure if you are leaving house fully furnished etc. I used to be exec admin for VP at Motorola so always had to to find best deal on housing for long term stay employees. just a thought.. might be absolutely crap idea..
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:17 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi thanks for comment, we will try and do some searching on what you say.
We would be leaving the home fully furnished.
I have not looked out how we use the web site and what they charge per booking, is it a commision or just a standard charge.
We would love to keep it and rent it to short term stays and that way we still will have a house we own to come back to
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure at all how it works. I used to find companies, just book it and then Motorola's very large accounting personnel handled the rest. it is just a thought.. you might get better clientele as well...not far from where I live they train pilots and they stay in apartments around here. as I live in hell aka arizona I can't sell my house. I am considering one day wandering over to airfield and seeing what i can do rent to the trainee pilots. good luck. it was a random thought..