Full of SH*T

Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:15 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Full of SH*T

Our house that is (before anyone thinks I'm launching into one of those abuse hurling threads). Our house has a septic tank and the other day we had a plumber come round to remove a hard plumbed (super cronky)dishwasher (Where are you Rossi??? ) and put in our one from the UK

All had gone well removing the old one, but then he went to put the waste pipe in and noticed it was chock full of crap. After much hunting and a phone call to the previous owner (useless scabby mare (not that I'm bitter or anything but this was the woman who left the house with piss stained carpets, amongst many many other scabby things, and has now gone on to star in a new film "Lord of the Mings") we found the "grease trap". Now for all of you people who are ignorant (thankfully so) of the inner workings of a septic tank the water that comes out your kitchen sink goes through the grease trap to stop fats etc reaching the septic tank (Dosn't help the biological process apparantly). Now in the hunting process Hev and the plumber were crawling around under the house and whilst under there they encountered

1) Fosslised dog turds (previous owners dog)
2) Ripped up dog toys (as above)
3) General rubble and debris.

Anyway upon finding the grease trap the plumber was a bit flabbergasted as it was about 4ft deep in hard set grease trap gunk. "This is not at all how it should be" says he to Hev and remarks that it has probably never been cleaned at all.

Hmmm thinks Hev and plumber if this is the state of the grease trap then what is the state of the septic tank itself :scared: ? So after some more exploring they find the tank and looksie inside and low and behold its near to brimming with effluent. And again Hev hears "This is not at all how it should be".

So a call to the septic tank emptying man is made and much pumping and scraping is done. The house smells of poo and other pleasant smells so the windows are thrown wide to let in the fresh air.

I arrive home later that day and all is well and all is freshly smelling

THE END

The moral of this story is if you are buying a house on septic then put down as condition of purchase that the tank and grease trap are to be emptied prior to exchange.

The other moral to this story is that if you have a house with a septic tank then ensure that you are work any days work is being carried out on the plumbing
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

No wonder Hevs is so sick.....

It stinks doesn't it:scared:
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:28 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ

It stinks doesn't it:scared:
Couldn't smell a thing by the time I got home
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hey top tip HUP,

Septics scare the $%&£ out of me

I really don't fancy them but we have no choice.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Hup, dont you have to have them pumped out every 6 months or something? Husbands brother has one on a remote acerage property.

There looking at a new system called Bio Cycle think its about 10 grand but less smelly perhaps.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hi Hup

That made me chuckle (and it takes a lot to do that at the mo) we used to have one when we lived in deepest darkest north east scotland and you have my sympathies, on the up side now its done you should be set for the next 3 years, unless of course you have a small one or a very productive family.

One tip we were given was to chuck any dead animals in that we found, birds that had flown into the window or mice the cat had caught, its supposed to be good for the enzymes, but what would i know i cant even spell it.

Lynn
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:57 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Smart Aussie...clever system...
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:21 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by dotty
Hup, dont you have to have them pumped out every 6 months or something? Husbands brother has one on a remote acerage property.

There looking at a new system called Bio Cycle think its about 10 grand but less smelly perhaps.
I think the grease trap is every 6 months and the tank should be good to go for 5 years. We now have a little trap door thingy so we can hose the grease trap down at our own leisure.

10 grand would be a little steep on our savings and I'm hoping we won't have a long term problem with it in that were not quite as scabby as th previous owners.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:24 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Florida_03
Smart Aussie...clever system...
Looked at this and one statement had me

Final Effluent Polishing at Low Performance Sewage Treatment Plants and anywhere where access to main sewage is not provided.
Now theres a job I wouldn't fancy. Polishing jobbies anybody?
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:26 am
HUP
Brain Drained

One tip we were given was to chuck any dead animals in that we found, birds that had flown into the window or mice the cat had caught, its supposed to be good for the enzymes, but what would i know i cant even spell it.
Hmmm I heard that "nasty cat" was coming to OZ . heheheheheheh (manical laugh)

Hows Perth and Pregnancy going.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
Hmmm I heard that "nasty cat" was coming to OZ . heheheheheheh (manical laugh)

Hows Perth and Pregnancy going.
LOL. Nasty Cat is definately a more prevalent thread.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:33 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
Now theres a job I wouldn't fancy. Polishing jobbies anybody?
The trick is you don't need any electricty...and polished they are...
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:42 am
Badge

When Hevs picked me up in my ute that night I thought I could detect a weird smell.

Come to think of it, it may have been the Maccas takeway the kids were eating.

BM

Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
the thought had crossed my mind:scared:
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Come to think of it, it may have been the Maccas takeway the kids were eating.

BM

or the big poo N has left for you under the dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.