Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The frustration of house viewers.!!!

The frustration of house viewers.!!!

Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Angry The frustration of house viewers.!!!

This is enough to drive you nuts!!
Why do house viewers ask for a second viewing? seem genuinely interested in your house ,chat away as if youve known them for ages!
Then dont bother their ass to turn up?!! how can people be so ignorant? not even a phone call to give an excuse.
I busted my ass all day cleaning,moaning at the kids to keep the place tidy & they dont even bother turning up,frustrating & heartbreaking!
Anybody else had to deal with people like that?

Donna.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The frustration of house viewers.!!!

Grr I dunno!! The same happened to us the last couple of weeks!! And to make matters worse the cheeky agents are holding out until we get desperate to leave to emigrate ( 7 weeks) so I will drop the price!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR

Originally Posted by madsad
Why do house viewers ask for a second viewing? seem genuinely interested in your house ,chat away as if youve known them for ages!
Then dont bother their ass to turn up?!! how can people be so ignorant? not even a phone call to give an excuse.
I busted my ass all day cleaning,moaning at the kids to keep the place tidy & they dont even bother turning up,frustrating & heartbreaking!

Donna.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we all get them I think Donna. Frustrating innit?
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salonit
Grr I dunno!! The same happened to us the last couple of weeks!! And to make matters worse the cheeky agents are holding out until we get desperate to leave to emigrate ( 7 weeks) so I will drop the price!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR
I'd be kicking the agents arse and threatening to change to one that will bother to promote your house
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:31 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd be kicking the agents arse and threatening to change to one that will bother to promote your house

Already have changed agents!!
House buyer fell through costing us 6wks,werent happy with the estate agents anyway so we changed & had to part with £264 withdrawal& advertising costs into the bargain!
Countrywide have a good rep so we went with them?
i can assure you, a not too happy a phone call will be placed to them tomorrow,we want too know why this couple had two days to cancel their return visit & didnt bother!
Ah well,......... back to the drawing board!!
Donna.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT! I see I have loads to look forward to our house went on today!!

EVERYTHING possible crossed for us all

Sue
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sue2
GREAT! I see I have loads to look forward to our house went on today!!

EVERYTHING possible crossed for us all

Sue
Dont worry Sue,its just one of those things! im reasured by the fact,i wouldnt do that to anybody,im better than them,i do have morals.
I am now at the stage of thinkin " are there any decent people in the world?does nobody give a thought too how others feel?
You will be fine,& if not you will be stronger a person & more able to deal with wots to come if not.
I wish you the best of luck!! so many people on here with the same probs,take it as it comes,youll get there eventually!!
Donna.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:15 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna.

Hi There

Frustrations all round!! We had same senario two weekends ago, we went on with new agent so with renewed interest we had 4 viewings in 1 weekend (3 of ethnic origin) - 1 couple wanted second view so obviously we agreed. They booked for the following fri at 10am (we got up at 6 feng shuid etc etc) hubby had day off work - but alas 'no show' b*****d's. they only then at 5pm rang agent to rebook for the sat am only to not turn up again - apparantly they viewed another and offered on the other!!! :scared:

We have had nothing since and the Agents have avoided to advertise in the local rag for 2 weeks now!!

We advertised on website www.homesonsale.co.uk and had some interest so new couple coming tomorrow am - lets keep our fingers crossedXXX

We are desperate to book flights and leaving do's etc etc - and to add to all that we are still waiting for Centrelink to get their finger out of their arses and get around to interviewing our assurer (26th Oct) we paid our bond at 1st week in July and are still waiting for issue. Our son is 15 and doing GCSE's so we want him to start school in Oz for Jan - we wanted to leave in Nov - any guesses to the likelyhood of that one then!!!

Let us know how you get on and we will viceversa

All the best
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Donna.
Yeah, in London it happens all the time - not sure what the market is doing where you are but here in London it has bombed. Its a buyers market so expect some shi%*y viewers who have no decency. We had plenty.

You need as many viewers as possible, ignore the rejections. Hopefully you will get a good one!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:07 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

......don't talk to me about estate agents and 'so called' prospective buyers....they don't know their arse from their elbow....chunter...chunter...
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by GillettFamily
Hi There

Frustrations all round!! We had same senario two weekends ago, we went on with new agent so with renewed interest we had 4 viewings in 1 weekend (3 of ethnic origin) - 1 couple wanted second view so obviously we agreed. They booked for the following fri at 10am (we got up at 6 feng shuid etc etc) hubby had day off work - but alas 'no show' b*****d's. they only then at 5pm rang agent to rebook for the sat am only to not turn up again - apparantly they viewed another and offered on the other!!! :scared:

We have had nothing since and the Agents have avoided to advertise in the local rag for 2 weeks now!!

We advertised on website www.homesonsale.co.uk and had some interest so new couple coming tomorrow am - lets keep our fingers crossedXXX

We are desperate to book flights and leaving do's etc etc - and to add to all that we are still waiting for Centrelink to get their finger out of their arses and get around to interviewing our assurer (26th Oct) we paid our bond at 1st week in July and are still waiting for issue. Our son is 15 and doing GCSE's so we want him to start school in Oz for Jan - we wanted to leave in Nov - any guesses to the likelyhood of that one then!!!

Let us know how you get on and we will viceversa

All the best
Just dont believe some people,a few minutes to make a call is all it takes? better that sittin around on a Friday night,our arrangements cancelled to accomodate others.
At this moment in time its a house sale thats gona hold us up! NOT a visa!
Good luck to all house sellers,keep us updated? even a pm?
Donna.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I had 'feedback' from my agents today regarding our property details that were sent to peeps requesting them....only 1 replied so far..said our rooms were too small...sheesh...It's a modern house...built in 1990ish...the lounge...kitchen/diner AND 1 of the bedrooms are all 13x17ft...1 bed is 13x11....the other 2 beds are 10x8 and 8x7...yea ok bed 4 is small but what do they expect for a modern house??? Makes me wonder exactly what these people want...blood maybe???......p*sses me right off...
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:23 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by artep
I had 'feedback' from my agents today regarding our property details that were sent to peeps requesting them....only 1 replied so far..said our rooms were too small...sheesh...It's a modern house...built in 1990ish...the lounge...kitchen/diner AND 1 of the bedrooms are all 13x17ft...1 bed is 13x11....the other 2 beds are 10x8 and 8x7...yea ok bed 4 is small but what do they expect for a modern house??? Makes me wonder exactly what these people want...blood maybe???......p*sses me right off...
Nowt you can do about those with unrealistic ideas. They'll fall on their arse and end up in some third rate hovel because they've spent so much time trying to find their 'ideal' home.
I think it's up to the estate agents to speak to prospective buyers honestly, not in sales speak.
We had viewers whose feedback was "well, it backs on to a school see". Right? So nobody overlooking and nobody round the back of the house after 330? Some people "didn't like the area". We're not in a bad area (as such) but for the money we are / were asking, it's the best you'll get!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:29 am
....is FAB

I'm seriously considering a career in bloody real estae as I reckon I could do a much better job!!!! You're right...it's up to the agent to speak to the buyers.....I'm not sure estate agents can 'do' honesty but hey they could make an effort to cut some of the bullshit they routinely spill out...

I personally think the agent should make more of an effort to talk people into looking at my house.....I think they're letting people make their own minds up far too much! Sometimes people are far too confused about what they REALLY want to know whats right for them!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Candice"n"Darren is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh tell me about it lol
we have had our house up since 24 aug and only had 1 veiwning from an asian family who brought about 15 people with them which was really nice but they ten told the estate agent it was too expensive!!! WHY LOOK IN THE FIRST PLACE THE lol they new the price and the particulars of the house so nothing different apart from lots of updating inside so why bother if you cant afford it in firsr place lol

well what will be will be and someone will but it when time is right
Candice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.