Wikiposts

Frustration!

Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

PaulaJ will become famous soon enoughPaulaJ will become famous soon enough
Default Frustration!

After years of soul searching and maintaining a house in the US and one in Australia my husband and I have decided to apply for a spouse visa so we can move to OZ. What sent the decision over the edge in favor of the move was the declining health of my mother in law. She has recently had a stroke and heart attack. Today I was talking to her on the phone and she has decided to move back to Wales! She said she cannot stand the "Monkey show that is Australia" any longer (she's been there 22 years). My husband wants nothing to do with Wales anymore, he doesn't even like to go back to visit. I suppose we could stay here in the states, but the thing is now I'm keen on moving to OZ.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Paula
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustration!

Originally posted by PaulaJ
After years of soul searching and maintaining a house in the US and one in Australia my husband and I have decided to apply for a spouse visa so we can move to OZ. What sent the decision over the edge in favor of the move was the declining health of my mother in law. She has recently had a stroke and heart attack. Today I was talking to her on the phone and she has decided to move back to Wales! She said she cannot stand the "Monkey show that is Australia" any longer (she's been there 22 years). My husband wants nothing to do with Wales anymore, he doesn't even like to go back to visit. I suppose we could stay here in the states, but the thing is now I'm keen on moving to OZ.

Paula
Hiya paula,

sorry to hear you are stressed, in-laws can be quite trying at times, I guess.

Why does your m-i-l think Australia is a 'monkey show'?

if she goes back to wales and you're in the us, then you won't see her, if shes in wales and you're in australia, you won't see her...........

shes had 22 yrs in australia, doing what she wanted to do - you should do the same - whatever it is that YOU want to do.

Best wishes,

Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:33 am
Just Joined

charliebray is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula

You have to do what is best for u and your hubbie. Go to Oz live your life. Life in this world is far too short and im sure your M.I.L will be happy that you are both happy. If it is too hard you can always leave but it will put a wedge between you both becuse u will always regret not going and blame her for it.
Go forth enjoy while u can!!! xx
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

PaulaJ will become famous soon enoughPaulaJ will become famous soon enough

I think the MIL is just homesick, especially since she's taken ill. She has family back in Wales and I think she fears she may never get there if she doesn't go now. It concerns me because according to her, everything in Australia is bad (too hot, too expensive, too this, too that), but she can't even remember the negatives she used to feel about Wales. I'm afraid she'll be disappointed when she returns that things are not "perfect" or as they used to be.

I just wish she wouldn't try to convince me Australia is all bad. I may come to that conclusion some day (though I doubt it) but I'd like to figure it out on my own.

Paula
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:42 am
Just Joined

charliebray is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the MIL is just homesick, especially since she's taken ill. She has family back in Wales and I think she fears she may never get there if she doesn't go now. It concerns me because according to her, everything in Australia is bad (too hot, too expensive, too this, too that), but she can't even remember the negatives she used to feel about Wales. I'm afraid she'll be disappointed when she returns that things are not "perfect" or as they used to be.

I just wish she wouldn't try to convince me Australia is all bad. I may come to that conclusion some day (though I doubt it) but I'd like to figure it out on my own.

Paula

Hay Honey Go you are a flight away if u need to come back i know its hard when your family are sick but talk to her explain how u feel xxx
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Paula
One mans trash is another mans treasure - go and find out for yerself.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Just go. You only get one shot at life so do what you want to do. If not you will regret it.

Alastair