Fruit

Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Re: Fruit

Cool another thing to add to our list to try then !!! Cant wait ... !!!
Mangosteens and Pluots !!! I even love the names !!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Cool another thing to add to our list to try then !!! Cant wait ... !!!
Mangosteens and Pluots !!! I even love the names !!
When you get a chance try "donut peaches" (aka China flat peaches) too. They are quite rare but you do get them at farmers market when stone fruits are in season. Heavenly sweet and juicy.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of

Other interesting fruits that you will find in Australia of the tropical variety are:

custard apples
guava
papaya / paw paw
limes
lychee
star fruit (which looks great in a fruit salad)
passionfruit

plus the usual array of tropical fruits such as pineapple, mangoes, etc. Mangoes are plentiful and delicious in Queensland as are most tropical fruits.

You can get nearly every type of fruit here and most of it is grown in Australia. You will only find imported fruits when local is out of season (such as cherries) but generally the vast majority is grown in Australia.

One thing that I had in the UK which is hard to find here is gooseberries but don't think too many people would miss gooseberries.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Oooh thanks guys ,you've been most helpful.Am really looking forward to strolling round the markets buying and testing these things myself.
My 2 year old is quite the "fruit bat" so i'm sure he'll get to like some of the more tropical fruits too !!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

We have got Pluots and Apriums (and DH tells me there are Plumcots as well but I dunno!) in the garden. If you are going to get fruit, try and get it from a Farmers Market though they do taste much better. I still dont like the apples that much and think they do taste better back home but that is because I like to pick the Cox's Orange Pippins off the tree and when I do that here they are always full of moth and much more floury than I am used to.