Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frosty can KISS MY ASS !

Frosty can KISS MY ASS !

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Frosty can KISS MY ASS !

This mornin, woke up from my "brisbane dream" opened the curtains and

BLOODY FROST, ice and billows of exhaust fumes from my neighbours cars filling the crisp air...

...20 minutes later and ready for school, frostbite in me fingers and damp knees, pfft from standin on me bumper .... we're off, on the

stop.....start...stop,scrape,start........

You guys miss all the FUN !!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:13 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frosty can KISS MY ASS !

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

BLOODY FROST, ice and billows of exhaust fumes from my neighbours cars filling the crisp air...

...20 minutes later and ready for school, frostbite in me fingers and damp knees, pfft from standin on me bumper .... we're off, on the

It's a bugger, isn't it? I too was out there in the dark at 7.30am chipping away at the windscreen, cursing to myself and the local cat. My poor old car can't cope with the cold, so getting to work in the morning is A Challenge involving lots of stalling.

Mind you, we had frost in Oz - big, thick, deep frost and minus 12 so I won't be escaping that altogether. Mind you, the 40 degree summers make up for it in my view!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:16 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, the 40 degree summers make up for it in my view!

© from bundy

Thats just rubbing it in INNIT !

grrrrr
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:18 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, the 40 degree summers make up for it in my view!

© from bundy

Thats just rubbing it in INNIT !

grrrrr
Yeah, well, I'm not there yet. ALthough this should be my last British winter (thank god)
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:29 am
Banned

Originally posted by bundy
Yeah, well, I'm not there yet. ALthough this should be my last British winter (thank god)

Its ironic isnt it the weather..

My FIL and me were in Atlanta about 10 years ago, was the year before the olypics, and thats a fabulous place to go....

we had hired a car from Hertz, so called cos of the prices pmsl

and 3 days into our visit, the state of georgia witnessed a snow storm ..LMAO

this was a sprinkle of snow, a flurry , a dandruff from the gods... it settled to an approx depth of 1/16th of an inch...

ATLANTA came to a standstill, schools were closed, people said we cant make it into work ....

Im sure some CANUKS on here would laff their socks off at the thought of "them soft southerners"
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:32 am
She's a bird, you know

Its ironic isnt it the weather..

My FIL and me were in Atlanta about 10 years ago, was the year before the olypics, and thats a fabulous place to go....

we had hired a car from Hertz, so called cos of the prices pmsl

and 3 days into our visit, the state of georgia witnessed a snow storm ..LMAO

this was a sprinkle of snow, a flurry , a dandruff from the gods... it settled to an approx depth of 1/16th of an inch...

ATLANTA came to a standstill, schools were closed, people said we cant make it into work ....

Im sure some CANUKS on here would laff their socks off at the thought of "them soft southerners"
It's the same over here though, isn't it? Half a flake of snow and the place shuts down, as it did this time last year. (Not that I'm complaining - got the day off work)
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Left for work at 7.30am this morning.
Not a bit of frost down here on the south coast.
walked about half a mile trying to find my car (lucky if you can park in your own city let alone the street you live in) and it was a beautiful sunny morning.
Not quite as beautiful and sunny as perth, but it will do for starters.
Really cheers me up, rather than walking in the pissing rain.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:35 am
Go Banana's !!

bloody cold up here near Newcastle, forcasted snow this afternoon and this evening. I'm off today but can't wait for my daily commute to Leeds tomorrow again......not !!

BRING ME A YELLOW ENVELOPE.....NOW !!!!!!!

Warren (& Jill)
Perth 2004

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:36 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Left for work at 7.30am this morning.
Not a bit of frost down here on the south coast.
walked about half a mile trying to find my car (lucky if you can park in your own city let alone the street you live in) and it was a beautiful sunny morning.
Not quite as beautiful and sunny as perth, but it will do for starters.
Really cheers me up, rather than walking in the pissing rain.
We live in part of an old pub and therefore have the old pub garden as a yard in which to park. Fantastic. Only problem is that it is some bizarre frost trap as it is a tad exposed, so the car gets really iced up
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Simple: don't leave your car out over night.
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
bloody cold up here near Newcastle, forcasted snow this afternoon and this evening. I'm off today but can't wait for my daily commute to Leeds tomorrow again......not !!

BRING ME A YELLOW ENVELOPE.....NOW !!!!!!!

Warren (& Jill)
Perth 2004
Then be good enough to build a snowman for Mr Bundy

As an aussie, he is like a 2yr old when it snows. And his ancestral home is Newcastle, UK (his mother was born there). Keep meaning to visit the house where she was born, but haven't made it up that way yet...
Go Banana's !!

We live in part of an old pub and therefore have the old pub garden as a yard in which to park. Fantastic. Only problem is that it is some bizarre frost trap as it is a tad exposed, so the car gets really iced up

Even though we have a double garage we have the common problem of too much crap - most of which will have to go when we migrate, however guess who gets to park their car in the nice warm, frost-free garage.....not me !!

It was -10 last week and de-icing my car at 05:30hrs was not fun.

Warren

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:44 am
She's a bird, you know

Then be good enough to build a snowman for Mr Bundy

As an aussie, he is like a 2yr old when it snows. And his ancestral home is Newcastle, UK (his mother was born there). Keep meaning to visit the house where she was born, but haven't made it up that way yet...

Well I would if I had a garage! I'm not that stupid!!. Instead I tussle with windscreen protectors and the like...
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Well I would if I had a garage! I'm not that stupid!!. Instead I tussle with windscreen protectors and the like...
Have tried that but it usually if I do that it p***es down making them soaking wet !

Warren

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:55 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Waterproof OK?

Xtrabond 100% Waterproof Car Covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.