Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontloading?????

Frontloading?????

Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frontloading?????

Ive been lookin thru a few of the messages on here and a couple of times ive seen people talkin about "front loading there applications". I have absolutely no idea what this is but from the other posts i assume its sending your app form, medicals and police checks away together. Can anyone let me know a bit more about this and if there are any pros and cons for this. Cheers
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Frontloading?????

Originally Posted by angel17796
Ive been lookin thru a few of the messages on here and a couple of times ive seen people talkin about "front loading there applications". I have absolutely no idea what this is but from the other posts i assume its sending your app form, medicals and police checks away together. Can anyone let me know a bit more about this and if there are any pros and cons for this. Cheers

Hi Angel,

Welcome to the forum.
You are exactly right, it means sending meds and pcc with the initial application... there are so many opinions now about "doing it or not" so u will just have to read thru the many pages of this forum.

I frontloaded mine and my meds have now expired... see, in my case it was a bad idea!

all the best!

fabie
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi Angel,

Welcome to the forum.
You are exactly right, it means sending meds and pcc with the initial application... there are so many opinions now about "doing it or not" so u will just have to read thru the many pages of this forum.

I frontloaded mine and my meds have now expired... see, in my case it was a bad idea!

all the best!

fabie

Cheers fabie. The minute i put this post up i noticed a few more about the same thing at the bottom of the page. We are still waitin to hear back from the TRA to see if they have accepted my partners trade (hes an electrician) and if they accept his trade then i presume that our application would be pretty straightforward. I will see how other people got on with the frontloading annd then we can properly think our options thru.

Hope you gets your visa soon
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:04 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers fabie. The minute i put this post up i noticed a few more about the same thing at the bottom of the page. We are still waitin to hear back from the TRA to see if they have accepted my partners trade (hes an electrician) and if they accept his trade then i presume that our application would be pretty straightforward. I will see how other people got on with the frontloading annd then we can properly think our options thru.

Hope you gets your visa soon
Angel

Since the changes were made to the processing of applications back in July things seem to go through so much quicker (i.e got our visa in 3 months without frontloading). So, I would say it is not quite so relevant now but that is only my opinion.

Binbird (who got her visa today! Just in case you missed my thread!)
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by binbird
Angel

Since the changes were made to the processing of applications back in July things seem to go through so much quicker (i.e got our visa in 3 months without frontloading). So, I would say it is not quite so relevant now but that is only my opinion.

Binbird (who got her visa today! Just in case you missed my thread!)

Congratulations!!!!!

If you dont mind me asking can you tell me how long it took you from start to finish? We are goin on a skilled independent and we r still waiting to hear from the TRA. Good news for you tho!!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's only really safe to do if you are going for a spouse visa. AHC ask that you do in fact because they come through so quickly.

Other visas can take quite a while and you might end up having to redo the meds which will be expensive.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:04 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!!

If you dont mind me asking can you tell me how long it took you from start to finish? We are goin on a skilled independent and we r still waiting to hear from the TRA. Good news for you tho!!!
Thanks!

My husband had his skills assessed through the NIA back in about June (he is an accountant - so profession on the MODL list). IT took about 2 months to get a positive assessment. We then submitted our application to DIMIA in October and that side of things took approximately 3 months start to finish. It has been quite a breeze for us - it's the rest that is going to be hard and stressful - i.e. finding a buyer for the house, organising shippers, saying goodbyes etc etc.

Hope you get an easy time.

Binbird
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

Just be wary in case you have children and they are near 'threshold' ages for extra tests. Our daughter just turned 15 and now our case officer has asked for an extra blood test for HIV, we did our medicals in September and thought we would have submitted and complted the visa application by now, hopefully wont be too much longer.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:26 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angel..

Welcome to the site, I have recently recieved my request for meds..
We went for our xrays on Tuesday and go for the medical next week..

I prefered to wait for the requests as I have read many a post on here where people have frontloaded and their paperwork got lost and they had to pay for medicals again and it doesn't come cheap, paperwork is often lost as the frontloaded med forms have no file number on..

The forms that are sent have the relevent file number on, I assume this makes a difference..
Just my opinon though, I am sure you will get alot of responses where people have frontloaded and never experienced any problems..

Good luck with your application

Deb ..
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by of2oz
Just be wary in case you have children and they are near 'threshold' ages for extra tests. Our daughter just turned 15 and now our case officer has asked for an extra blood test for HIV, we did our medicals in September and thought we would have submitted and complted the visa application by now, hopefully wont be too much longer.
I have a little boy who turned 3 in September but im not sure if he gets any blood taken at the medicals. Im sure he just gets a general check-up but i will look in to it, cheers.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

I have a little boy who turned 3 in September but im not sure if he gets any blood taken at the medicals. Im sure he just gets a general check-up but i will look in to it, cheers.
From what I remember its 15 for blood test for HIV and 11 for and xray so yourve ok with the age of your children
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:13 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Yup - you even get away without providing a urine sample - that is only required for kids of 5 years plus. Had to hang around for an hour after my three had their medicals for my 5 year old to perform into her specimen bottle! Your son will have his abdomen prodded, his lungs checked, ears and eyes checked, weight and height measured, reflexes tested and that's about it.

Have fun!

Binbird